Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply The Friends of English Magic Guild
Inception?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:43 pm
Anyone see this awesome movie? (Only DiCaprio movie that wasn't depressing?)  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:41 pm
Yes excellent film. I did not understand why so many people said it was confusing. It was deep but not hard to grasp at all.

I am a big DiCaprio fan. Liked to Loved every one of his movies and his work with my favorite director Martin Scorsese is a real treat.

I loved the book Shutter Island. Read it in a night because I couldnt put it down. When I found out Scorsese was directing the film with DiCaprio as the lead I was in heaven. The film stayed very close to the source material. Loved it.

I have read that DiCaprio and Scorsese will be working together again on a film about Theodore Roosevelt. Not sure how that is going to work but looking forward to seeing how they do it.

(sorry I strayed so far from the original topic)  

Christophero55

Purple Coloured Pencils

5,550 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:41 am
I enjoyed it quite a lot and it didn't confuse me one little bit. I cried at the end. /sentimental  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:21 am
So guys - did the top stop spinning at the end, or did it keep going?  

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Beckygan
Crew

7,150 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Member 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:53 pm
I absolutely love Inception! It's so creative that when I first watched it was in a "wow" stage for about an hour- I couldn't sleep or help thinking how great that movie is!

I understand how the film may be confusing: all of the levels in the dream look very much like reality, deceiving the "subject" as well as the viewer as well.

It is a mystery if the spinning top stopped spinning or kept going, like how much a mystery is Hijikata's fate in the end of Hakuouki Shinsengumi Hekketsuroku.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:27 pm
Beckygan
It is a mystery if the spinning top stopped spinning or kept going, like how much a mystery is Hijikata's fate in the end of Hakuouki Shinsengumi Hekketsuroku.
Yes but do you personally think it stopped or continued? smile  

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Demon Days

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:39 am
I love Inception! Cillian Murphy and Leonardo DiCaprio are two of my favorite actors. 3nodding

The general style of Inception reminded me a bit of Shutter Island, especially the whole "Is it real or not?" element.

And I loved the cliffhanger at the end. xD I remember when I saw it, everyone in the audience was like "OH COME ON!" rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:30 pm
Sita Harker
Beckygan
Yes but do you personally think it stopped or continued? smile

I think it stopped: how can the end be when he finally reunites with his kids a complete dream? It's got to be real. Also, I think the spinning top was about to tumble to a stop just before the film cut to the credits.  

Beckygan
Crew

7,150 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Member 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
The Friends of English Magic Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items