Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Scope Advice

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:40 am
Could have added this to "Buying and Advice" but, seriously, when's the last time you looked there?

I've pretty much decided on the Marlin 336C as my next gun, for various reasons, the biggest one being I just think they're really neat. And I've been thinking of scope options. Since it would generally be a 200 yard gun, I don't need a lot of magnification. I've done some reading and think I'd like to go with a 3x9 or 4x fixed power model, and I'd like to stay away from really big ones because they'd just look goofy on a slim rifle.

So, which scopes can I buy that would work well in this purpose? Budget is... well I don't want to spend more than $150 and if it could be under $100 that's great. I'm a cheap b*****d.

I've been glancing over this one. Though the eye relief looks pretty short, and I don't want to get scoped in the face during recoil.

Oh, and if a gun is pre-drilled and tapped for scope mounts, could I install the scope by myself? Or is it still quite a task to get the rings on there? I've never done this kinda thing, or even ever used a scope rifle.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:10 am
Personally, I like the look of a large scope on a lever-gun, but that's me.

Anyway, I'd be worried about a 2" eye relief. I've seen enough pictures of scope bite to not want to experience it, and 2" is too close for me.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas