Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dolphin Mania v2

Back to Guilds

Always at the leading edge of Booty Grab! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Dolphin Mania, Panda, Penguin, Rick James 

Reply Dolphin Mania v2
Full dolphin tank vs. Mixed tank with dolphins.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Full dolphin tank?
  Full dolphin tank
  Mixed tank with dolphins and other fish
  Other option, I'll post to let you know.
View Results

Miz Lina

7,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:46 am
My tank has been empty awhile and I'm starting to miss it, I'm thinking of filling it back up. I've got four dolphins in storage right now and I'm wondering, is it even worth it to buy the remaining 12 dolphins to fill a tank? They're over 800k now and honestly, I want to be able to make a sizable profit without spending my whole life online stalking my own glows and bumping like a maniac (I don't have time to, anyway; I have school and a toddler, with a baby on the way). Would a four-dolphin, 12-gwee tank be more practical, or should I stick with dolphins since full dolphin tanks are becoming rarer and therefore more of a commodity? I'm already listed in a couple major BG threads, so I'm not starting from scratch for exposure or anything...

Just looking for opinions.

Other options include selling my four dolphins to finance a full-gwee tank, but I'm not as thrilled about that, or doing some serious BG-ing/vending and having the rest of my tank coatls or airsharks, but I'd rather not wait that long. redface Dear people of DM, what are your thoughts on the matter?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:53 am
Well now dolphins aren't worth the money you would spend on them. If you buy them from the MP at the LMP of 700k each that's if every single dolphin you bought was 700k then you would technically be out of gold and not make all of your gold back, but even with that said I'm still thinking about doing an entire full dolphin tank again for others to grab from.

Right now 6 dolphins on the MP and prices are as of 10/28/10 10:55pm

1: 720k
2: 725k
3: 725k
4: 725k
5: 799k
6: 800k

Total spent: 4,494,000

As of 10/30/10 9:36pm
1: 930,000g
2: 937,000g
3: 938,000g
4: 940,000g
5: 950,000g
6: 960,000g
7: 1,000,000g

Total spent: 6,655,000

Yes I know I posted this already somewhere else in this guild, but I figured it would go well here. I know that the values are off, but I did put int he dates of when I put them up there. So yes I would say a mixed tank with your dolphins would be the best way to go if your really set on making a tank, but honestly with the way that Lanzer said they will be making some serious changes to how booty grab is played I would say just scratch the idea of having a tank at all.  

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50

Virgo Whiskers

Rainbow Lover

24,375 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:18 pm
When it comes right down it it, I don't think any tank you make is going to make you much profit. I personally wouldn't start a tank at all right now.

But if you still want to make a tank, lets see what a dolphin earns to see if it would be worth it: The gold cap for a dolphin is 450. Assuming that the average grabbed on a dolphin is 300, you would earn 75 gold per grabber. Lets say your tank averages 20 grabs per glow (during the slow times, you'll be lucky to get 10 grabbers.. so I think this is a realist average), that would be 1500 per glow that you earn off 1 dolphin. Your tank will glow an average of 6 times a day, dolphins live for about 120 days so, 1500 x 6 x 120 = 1,080,000

So, if you're vigilant and stalk your tank well, it could be profitable in time. But I would still wait and see what happens to BG before you make any tank at all. I get the feeling we're in store for a big nerf. I hope I'm wrong.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:17 am
gonk

scream

But.... I wanna. *tempertantrum*  

Miz Lina

7,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:10 pm
Well Miz you could still start a tank and see how it goes for you. But I do advise you on this. If your going to start it. Only use gold you make here to buy the fish from the MP and don't use your own money or GC to buy the fish to put into your tank because in the end that could be a bad choice. If you use the gold you got here then if you lose out on profits it's only from the time you spent earning the gold and not the time you spent on a job working to get the money to buy the GC.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:17 pm
Yeah, I hear you there dreams. I don't have the cash to buy GC anyway. All my money goes to bills. rolleyes  

Miz Lina

7,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200

King Awesomolocity
Crew

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:05 pm
Using gold, you will not profit no matter which you get. :/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:20 am
King Awesomolocity
Using gold, you will not profit no matter which you get. :/

Ouch.
Has it really gotten that bad?
Maybe I'll just sell my dolphins then...
That really sucks. I miss the camaraderie of booty grab.  

Miz Lina

7,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200

ii-Tupac Shakur-ii

OG Prophet

6,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:02 am
I believe that it is not worth buying the dolphins.
Way to much Gold
And there is always a possibility that you will not make a profit.
And that possibility is bigger then the possibility of you making a profit.
But in the end its all up to you(:  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:05 pm
Miakayuuki78
When it comes right down it it, I don't think any tank you make is going to make you much profit. I personally wouldn't start a tank at all right now.

But if you still want to make a tank, lets see what a dolphin earns to see if it would be worth it: The gold cap for a dolphin is 450. Assuming that the average grabbed on a dolphin is 300, you would earn 75 gold per grabber. Lets say your tank averages 20 grabs per glow (during the slow times, you'll be lucky to get 10 grabbers.. so I think this is a realist average), that would be 1500 per glow that you earn off 1 dolphin. Your tank will glow an average of 6 times a day, dolphins live for about 120 days so, 1500 x 6 x 120 = 1,080,000

So, if you're vigilant and stalk your tank well, it could be profitable in time. But I would still wait and see what happens to BG before you make any tank at all. I get the feeling we're in store for a big nerf. I hope I'm wrong.

For some reason, as I was falling asleep last night, I was thinking about this and I think my numbers are off.
The average grab from a full dolphin tank is about 2000g. Which means the average grab per dolphin would be 117g, which would make your share only 29g per dolphin.. meaning 580 per dolphin per glow. Using the numbers above, that means: 580 x 6 x 120 = 417,600g So a single dolphin is likely to earn you around 420,000g in it's lifetime... which would mean that you wouldn't profit.
These numbers sound better to me. I was really surprised by the numbers I got the first time around. But if a person grabbed an average of 300 per dolphin, that would mean the average grab would be 5100g.. and I rarely see numbers that high.  

Virgo Whiskers

Rainbow Lover

24,375 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Harvey_Kinkle

Hitched Partner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:58 pm
I think a lot of people are facing this issue -- to buy or not to buy. I agree with others that it's unlikely 800k dolphins will pay for themselves during their lifespan much less make any profit.

If profit isn't the issue (and it isn't for some people) just buy what's fun.  
Dolphin Mania v2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games