Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IDK WTF Im Doing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:01 pm
Floyd
So, it looks like a winner. twisted

What do you want from the first show? The suppressed Saiga 12 shotgun or the Master Key?
or C. the cannon  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:22 pm
Floyd

What do you want from the first show? The suppressed Saiga 12 shotgun or the Master Key?
i've seen their suppressed saiga. it's too long IMO
I'd rather have their integrally suppressed AK

I want the masterkey for my AR. all I would need is a stamp for a short barreled shotgun  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:07 pm
IDK WTF Im Doing
or C. the cannon

After watching the ultrasound of that barrel, I wouldn't have certified that gun to shoot, especially given the massively rare nature of that specific cannon.

I'd rather shoot a brand new cannon like the one they built on MythBusters for the cheese plug through the sail test. That's a double win.

I'd feel like such a s**t head if that old cannon had become a very expensive explosion on my watch.

And I tend to agree that the shotgun suppressor was way too long for what it did for the sound. 145dB isn't quiet. It's quieter. But not worth the tax stamp and money.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:32 pm
Floyd
IDK WTF Im Doing
or C. the cannon

After watching the ultrasound of that barrel, I wouldn't have certified that gun to shoot, especially given the massively rare nature of that specific cannon.

I'd rather shoot a brand new cannon like the one they built on MythBusters for the cheese plug through the sail test. That's a double win.

I'd feel like such a s**t head if that old cannon had become a very expensive explosion on my watch.

And I tend to agree that the shotgun suppressor was way too long for what it did for the sound. 145dB isn't quiet. It's quieter. But not worth the tax stamp and money.
it's actually pretty quiet.
and thats what it's supposed to do, it's not a silencer.

here's the same gun side by side with a suppressed AR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQYUFxR_zNk

that whole episode was more of a re-enactment because a lot of what they made it seem like they were doing was really already done at least a year or longer beforehand. lot of it is scripted but it doesn't seem too bad at least

gotta have something to show people  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:06 pm
Man, I just had another great idea. Imagine an M203 in 12-gauge. It's a single-shot Masterkey that you can make downright TINY. You could put it on an MP5 if you wanted. After all, you only need one round to blow off a door lock.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:08 pm
Fresnel
Man, I just had another great idea. Imagine an M203 in 12-gauge. It's a single-shot Masterkey that you can make downright TINY. You could put it on an MP5 if you wanted. After all, you only need one round to blow off a door lock.
they make a 40mm shotgun shell for the m203
the problem with a single shot shotgun is that most doors need at least 2 or more shots to open them and speed is crucial to not getting your guys ********. especially if blowing off the hinges is the only way to get in.

masterkey is pretty cool, although I dont see why they were trying to make it seem like the breacher is going to be the one going in first.
breacher never goes in first, even with this kind of tech. I think they just did that for the show.  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:23 pm
Floyd
IDK WTF Im Doing
or C. the cannon

they didnt base the decision off the ultrasound alone. they would be idiots if they did that.

what they didnt mention on TV is that they started with light loads and slowly worked their way up until they were confident it could handle a full charge.

a lot of it is because they want at least a little suspense for the viewers and a bit of info is left out for tv  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:24 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
the problem with a single shot shotgun is that most doors need at least 2 or more shots to open them and speed is crucial to not getting your guys ********. especially if blowing off the hinges is the only way to get in.

masterkey is pretty cool, although I dont see why they were trying to make it seem like the breacher is going to be the one going in first.
breacher never goes in first, even with this kind of tech. I think they just did that for the show.
Maybe it could be a double-barrel? O/U, side-break like the AG36?  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:34 am
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel

Maybe it could be a double-barrel? O/U, side-break like the AG36?
would be better, but you dont know what's going to happen until breaching. some locks are going to be tougher than others and it's really good to have the rounds for it whenever those troublesome doors come up.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:53 am
Floyd

the saiga that they turned into a masterkey

I shall mount it onto an AR... 12 guage and 5.56 on the same platform.

and i'm gonna use drums on that b***h. 5.56 beta mag, and a 20 round 12 guage drum. FOR THE GODDAMN ZOMBIES DUH WHAT ELSE.  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:35 pm
So, the season is over.

The final episode focused on their rip off of an existing folding concealed pistol/flashlight combo. I guess those guys don't get out to many gun shows.

Granted they mounted some nice lights in their version, but they used a 9mm MAC-10 clone for the pistol! And the asking price is $1200!?!?!?!?!?1

I'd rather pay for the Magpul FMG-9 (that is, if it ever goes into production).

Red Jacket lost all credibility after that episode.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:33 am
Floyd
So, the season is over.

The final episode focused on their rip off of an existing folding concealed pistol/flashlight combo. I guess those guys don't get out to many gun shows.

Granted they mounted some nice lights in their version, but they used a 9mm MAC-10 clone for the pistol! And the asking price is $1200!?!?!?!?!?1

I'd rather pay for the Magpul FMG-9 (that is, if it ever goes into production).

Red Jacket lost all credibility after that episode.
lost all credibility?

do you even know what you are saying?

red jacket creates superior builds to arsenal or any other company that builds AK's in the US. their quality in everything they build is exceptional and they are proud of it. they earned the reputation they have today.

you forget that it's just a tv show and that much of it is scripted, a lot of the type of interaction you see isnt like the regular will,joe,kris and the gang and a lot of the stuff you see them building is for entertainment value. it's a demonstration of their motto of being able to build just about anything you can think of as long as it is physically possible.

I had the good fortune of getting to know them in person before they were famous (insert hipster joke here) and they are an awesome crew.  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Chatterbox/Humor

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers