The Moon in the Night Sky Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hunter of the Dammed

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:52 am
lurichan
It sits up there every night, going through many different phazes. Sometimes it is obscured by clouds as they keep it's silver light from shining down upon us, and other times it shines brightly like a beacon guiding those few who travel during the night time hours.

Many poems and literature have been written about it, and many people gaze up longingly at this ever changing orb. "O swear not by the moon, th�inconstant moon.That monthly changes in her circled orb"

There are legends and deities associated with the moon in many different cultures. In japan the spots are believed to form the bunny of the moon. In western culture people have often thought that the spots formed the image of a man.

The moon as affects the tides of the ocean. Changing the eb and flow of the waters of our world.

This is a thread to reflect on the moon in any and all of it's phases, and to share a few of your thoughts.

The moon is thier to light the night when you should be on the look out for spirits for they are stronger during that time. It also posses some type of power. Call me crazy if you want but it does.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:24 pm
I love the moon. It's one of the most beautiful things in our world. The way it changes represents the never ending cycle of life and death. It's also a symbol of one of my deities. heart  

deathcomes_onsilentwings

Rimi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:32 pm
heh heh
Moon n.n heart K.O.M.S. ...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:53 pm
I always love staring up at the moon, my favorite time being when it is a full silver orb sitting in a bespeckled cloudless sky. I always get restless around the time of the full moon too. Which brings me to my theory of where the werewolf legends came from. People's moods are affected by the phases of the moon (how they are affected depends on their personality) and maybe over the many thousands of years the rumors got a bit twisted and, eventually, became the werewolf legends.  

Katanas Blade

R-e-d _ C a r e s s

Shirtless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:21 am
The moon.... Maybe my favourite astrological entity. It's a tie between it and the stars. I can't begin to explain what I think about the thing. I love watching it. Sometimes I sing to it. Usually I just lay in my field.

It makes everything nicer. I wish we just had moonlight, because it hurts my eyes less. It's softer, but just as warm, and cold... I love how it changes. The phases definitely effect me. My favourite phase is the crescent phase. Just that little tiny sliver in the sky... <3 And now I feel all sleepy and nice... Ahh...  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:41 am
darkXmoon
Growing up my grandpaw told me I was a gift from the dark moon fairys. I don't think I learned the truth till I was about 9 when I came to the states. Thats how I got the nick name dark moon though. Kids would point and stare at me and call me "one of them, the darker ones".

eek Interesting  

Devils_lilboy

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:52 pm
koru_baby
It makes sence.... i love lying in bed watching the moons' progress over the sky...... i hardley ever sleep during the night.... The moon is so pretty. blaugh

Once we dinned outside at this resturaunt, and half the time I spent watching the moon and stars move across the sky. My referance point was this beautiful tree on the sidewalk. The bark was so smooth.....  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:40 pm
The moon is distant from the sea, and yet with amber hands she leads him.... from a poem by Emily Dickenson. It's both a lovely choir arrangement and piece of poetry. Every time I hear the name "Moon" that is what I think of.

The moon to me is the most ethereal and breath taking sight. It is my inspiration, when I feel I can no longer go on. The moon empowers me just by looking up at it. That to me is amazing.

Laharl Part Deux

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces