Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Sleeping problems Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

blindfaith^_^

7,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:34 am
Azareas Aquarinus
Esiris
How much physical exercise do you get?

Not much. But I do walk everywhere I go when I go out. I haven't been out lately. (I'm off school. It's the holidays). My mum said if I went out more I'll be more tired at night and I can prepare my body.

Smart lady. Being more physical during the day helps when it's time to go to bed.

Other thoughts: stop drinking caffeine at all and half you're sugar in take (I'm assuming you're not on some kind of low sugar diet an like most people consume the stuff like it's running out of style).

Don't lay in bed unless you plan to sleep in it that way your body knows that being there=sleep.

Take a hot bath or shower before bed. Your body temp is supposed to be uniform but drop some before sleep. A hot bath or shower will do both for you.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:18 am
I can't use chamomile for tea, since I'm allergic.

My own sleep blend is typically 2 parts lemon balm to 1 part valerian root. 1 tsp. per 8 oz. hot water, 8-10 min. steep.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:47 am
Azareas Aquarinus

Not much. But I do walk everywhere I go when I go out. I haven't been out lately. (I'm off school. It's the holidays). My mum said if I went out more I'll be more tired at night and I can prepare my body.

You can always run around the house a few times. Growing up that's what my Gran did to me. ninja I'd be hyper and be bouncing on the bed or the sofa and she'd put me in my high tops and have me race around the house. whee  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:39 pm
Azareas Aquarinus
Hi guys. Recently, it's taken me 2-3 hours at night for me to fall asleep. And I really want to sleep at night, since I start school again on Wednesday and I need to get my sleeping pattern in order.

I've used Jasmine and Moon incense, and I put Citrine, Amethyst and Sodalite stones under my pillow. I've also drank Camomile tea.

They haven't really helped.

Can anyone recommend something to help me out?

Meditation rele helps me when im tired. Or sometimes i just lye in bed in the dark and think of a lot of things haha makes my brain sleepy xD  

Rena Zefie

ILoveTalkingOranges808

6,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:17 pm
I usually make the best of it since I am not a good sleeper. I usually watch some vids or listen to music. That tires me out, too.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:32 pm
The smell of lavender always helps me sleep and I'm not talking about that crap you get in a lotion bottle. I mean the real stuff that doesn't have a sweet scent...that is if you know what I mean. But yea, my mom has these lavender bags for headaches that she keeps in the freezer. I use to snuggle with them at night because the coldness kept my core from overheating and the smell relaxed me.

Also, there's this meditation trick I learned to help clear your mind. Cause if you are anything like me, you probably have an overly active mind. What you do is lie down, preferably in a comfortable position. Calming and relaxing music or sounds help, so keep the TV on low or turn off any loud heavy music. Then you focus only on one part of your body starting from your toes to your head. Only focus on any feeling or sensations in that part for a few seconds, then move on to the next till you reach the top of your head. By then, you should be in a deep state of relaxation, feeling yourself drifting into the land of sleep and dreams.

Here's another tip, cut down on drinkings things like volt and monster if you drinks a lot of that stuff.  

Lilithiann

Feral Sweetheart

13,825 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games