Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Shells?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:43 pm
I wanna know if shells can be used like stones - if they contain energy. I know Esiris mentioned she works with shells in the Your Stone thread  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:55 pm
Cowry shells are used for divination- I don't divine with them, but they're sacred so I keep lots of different shells around.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

HorsesOfTheNight

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:53 am
Azareas Aquarinus
I wanna know if shells can be used like stones - if they contain energy. I know Esiris mentioned she works with shells in the Your Stone thread

I wouldn't see why not.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:05 am
HorsesOfTheNight

I wouldn't see why not.

I guess it would depend on what people think of when they want to use shells like stones- is it the shape and color or the material that is special.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

HorsesOfTheNight

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:16 am
Esiris
HorsesOfTheNight

I wouldn't see why not.

I guess it would depend on what people think of when they want to use shells like stones- is it the shape and color or the material that is special.

That makes sense. To me, what body of water it came from and shape are important. I am not as picky with the color of the shell.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:32 am
HorsesOfTheNight

That makes sense. To me, what body of water it came from and shape are important. I am not as picky with the color of the shell.
For me a lot of it's the kind of shell- and what I am using it for.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:53 pm
I've heard some people mention that shells, or particular shells, are sacred to their goddess and should never be used. But I'm not sure who she was exactly.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:35 pm
Do you use shells San, or do you just stick with stones?  

HorsesOfTheNight

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:20 pm
HorsesOfTheNight
Do you use shells San, or do you just stick with stones?

I don't use them, but I like them.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:16 am
Azareas Aquarinus

I think shells can be quite interesting to work with, but I guess that as with stones, it requires a personal contact and permission and the energy they hold will be very individualized (again as with stones). If you have an opportunity to walk a shore and find the right ones, you should try that.  

Verbeley

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:14 pm
Verbeley
Azareas Aquarinus

I think shells can be quite interesting to work with, but I guess that as with stones, it requires a personal contact and permission and the energy they hold will be very individualized (again as with stones). If you have an opportunity to walk a shore and find the right ones, you should try that.

I'm very connected to the sea. And shells I adore a lot. And I always search for shells at the beach, so whatever draws me, I'll choose.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:30 am
Azareas Aquarinus

I'm very connected to the sea. And shells I adore a lot. And I always search for shells at the beach, so whatever draws me, I'll choose.

So you really should do that and if you have a good connection, then it won't be hard to attune with each. ^^  

Verbeley

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:17 am
Verbeley
Azareas Aquarinus

So you really should do that and if you have a good connection, then it won't be hard to attune with each. ^^

Yeah ^^

I have a bowl of saltwater and sea shells on my altar. I feel energy in that.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games