Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:15 pm
What keeps you guys coming back to Nosgoth? (I'm trying to figure out how we can get new people in here and get them active)

So why do you come back? What is it you like? What do you dislike? Anything we should change?

And most importantly, have we become so tight-nit we appear to scare off new people?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:32 pm
What keeps me comingback is that you guys keep me entertained. :3 I feel like I can express my love of this series without being Judged or looked at funny when people go: 'Oh...what's that?'

You guys are like...my guild family. XD and I really love that. You know, it feels like we give off a family vibe almost and it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

XD Lately, Sera and I have become tight-knit as well I guess. We're always chatting on Gaia, off Gaia on YIM, and then you have Rel/Sei whom always keep me entertained with something new ot strange to be fascinated with the things she does. : D

I guess what I'm trying to say is I <3 you guys. >:

Also, Sam you were a life saved when it came to when my account was hacked. XD You're 'Guild Mom' lol  

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:42 pm
1) What keeps me coming back? I'm some sort of masochist who seems to secretly enjoy the abuse I receive by guild members (I can role play Rel and various other characters giving me a role play fix)

2) What is it I like? Well we are a close knit family/group and it is nice to be a part of that. As soon as I joined with Rel I was made to feel quite welcome for being a fan.

3) Dislike: when real life drama seeps into the guild. Not having as much time as I want to post. Points where everyone is inactive.

4) What should we change: See #5

5) I would say we are close knit. BUT we have problems accepting new people not because we hate them but because of problems we have had. We had a twitard invade the guild and people join only to be obnoxious and rude or otherwise patronizing. As a result we are guarded against new people as we don't want to deal with crap. Is that hurting us? Yes. Is it our fault? Not entirely. Can we work on it? Yes. Our requirements aren't that bad in my opinion and really are meant to weed out noob-y chat speakers or otherwise general immature people. I say we need to contact older members and find out why they became inactive while we try and recruit new people. When I first joined we had a different crew list. Now it's the same four or five people, mostly the person and mules. That could be narrowed down just for simplicity's sake.

Work, school, life prevent people from posting as it has been in my case. But how did we lose certain people? It seems like they were active in the past. I'm not comfortable dropping names but I hope a sift through past archives would help.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:15 pm
@Hatter: I was in this guild before I was a mod, it's been my home on Gaia for a while. The least I can do is look out for everyone in it. heart

@Turel: Our crew list was cut down to get rid of the inactive people. Maybe we can see about getting the crew together to send out surveys to the inactive people to see what their thoughts are? (for some of the inactivates we can go over why in the crew forum so their not sent a survey...)  

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

ArkRaptor
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:52 pm
User Image

I'M HERE FOR THE PEOPLE, MAN.

THE PEOPLE.

EVEN IF I DON'T ALWAYS SAY SOMETHING.

I WATCH SILENTLY FROM THE SHADOWS.

AND s**t LIKE THAT.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:09 am
User Image

Sorry I've been lurking a lot. The CB pulled me in and hasn't let go for the past few weeks...

But I keep coming back for all of you guys. ; w ; This is one of the first guild/forum families I'm actually a part of. And because we can be really entertaining if we try.

I don't think we're really scaring off new people. >o>;

User Image

trash witch

Witch

Chryssta

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:00 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I dunno why I keep coming back... I like the people, I have friends here, and I get to BS about vampires. User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:33 am
Very much what everyone else mentioned. I've made some pretty cool friends here, and even though I might not say much, I always drop by to see what everyone's up to. :3

I'd say we're pretty accepting people, and I doubt we scare people off. I can understand how some of our OOC shenanigans might be a deterrent for some, but it's to be expected. There isn't really a lot left to discuss/debate with LOK, and it's a good chunk of why the activity's dropped.  

Scrab Demon

Bluetabbycat
Crew

Jeering Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:05 pm
What keeps me coming back? For very much the same reasons as everyone else who's posted here, I suppose. Another thing that I like about this guild is that nobody's too serious about LoK; we can all have a laugh and digress off topic. The other LoK forum I'm on is a lot more strict - whereas it's a good place to talk about LoK related things sensibly, it lacks the fun and the humor that we have here.

I think we have become a pretty tight-nit group, but not so much so as to scare off newcomers. I think there are two main reasons why new people don't stay active in the guild very long is 1) we tend to scare off people who are used to text-speak with our large amounts of proper typing, and on the other hand 2) people who are interested in LoK and bother to type properly may find a lot of what we get up to in here to be too silly. You have to admit there aren't many sensible LoK themed conversations in the guild.

I suppose what I'm getting at is that this guild and the other LoK forum I'm on are almost two extremes; fun and serious. If we could achieve a middle ground, and keep active, I would be very happy.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:25 pm
@Tabby: We could always re-arrange the forums so the main forum is the chatty forum and make one of the subs an on topic LOK forum only.

@Tik: I actually saw you in CB the other night and couldn't place you cause of your username...  

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

trash witch

Witch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:31 pm
Samt03
@Tabby: We could always re-arrange the forums so the main forum is the chatty forum and make one of the subs an on topic LOK forum only.

@Tik: I actually saw you in CB the other night and couldn't place you cause of your username...

User Image

Use the post style as identification, that's how I remember a lot of CBers: Sigs and post style.

c:

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:32 pm
For me its the people. You guys are always fun to be around, not just because we all share the same love for LoK, but also you're all such interesting, not to mention hilarious people. Around you guys, I don't feel like the only weirdo =P  

Queen Sarafina
Crew

lilwriter23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:57 pm
I don't really know why I keep coming back....I guess I'd say because it gives me something to do when I get bored...but that doesn't seem like a good reason...

I guess I come back because I really like the people here ^^ but I will say it's intimidating joining an already pretty large guild...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:16 pm
I come for the random comments, the interesting trivia, and the generally friendly atmosphere.  

Shade264

The Clan Sanctuary - Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff