Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:38 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
So...Why does America continue to use M4s again?

Because it's American?

@Pripyat: AKs and SKS managed to kill millions of Americans during Vietnam when American M16s jammed, swelled and failed to fire when going up against Victor Charlie armed with them.
Those guerillas could probably still kick our asses with such aging technology.

A belt fed AR (10 and 15) that is reliable and well designed that can be counted on to lay down sustained fire without failing because of metallurgy and a primitive gas system could replace SAWs and quite possibly MAGs(Most likely this one because a steel AR-10 would be at least a few pounds heavier.) because they're so much lighter offering the same deal as a good GPMG and SAW.
the AR/m16 receivers have a tendency to shatter when there is a kaboom...if you belt feed a closed bolt DI youre asking the weapon to stress itself with all of the burning gasses and friction building up on the BCG and receiver. thats an extreme amount of heat. if it doesnt jam from that then you're risking a cook off. and when theres a kaboom in an AR receiver it blows up like a grenade
unless you were to make it out of steel and try to reinforce it more that is...

ar15/m16s are rifles, not support weapons. they got limits.
you dont go firing full auto with 200rd SAW pouches from these things.

it's the reason why we use the beltfeds we do now, they were built for the job.

hell,even eugene stoner himself used a different system than DI for the stoner 63.
Which part of steel and short stroke didn't you catch?

All ARs are ******** aluminum which contributes to kaboom!

A milled steel AR is MG material!
I think I like the idea of a steel milled AR that feeds from surefire quadstack mags better than belt fed

simplifies design to exactly how a standard AR works, just all steel.

apparently theyre reported to be super reliable.
http://www.defensereview.com/dr-exclusive-surefire-60-shot-and-100-shot-ar-ar-15m16-5-56mm-nato-box-magazines-for-infantry-combat-and-tactical-engagements-meet-the-surefire-mag5-60-and-mag5-100-high-capacity-magazines-hcms/

the 100 rounders look too huge but the 60 rounders are just right for the job
Armatac SAWMAG. 150-round drum.

might be a little on the big side.... you could carry around 10 or more 60 round mags on a vest for a total of 600+ rounds

might be able to carry 2 or 3 150 rounders on a vest

I can see a gunner using just one of them as a mag that stays in the gun until initial contact where you can sling out lots of rounds and the 60 rounders for the rest of their ammo simply for ease of carry.

how much is the saw mag anyway? I want one.
$390. xd

The Saw-Mag actually has its own MOLLE pouch... you peel it off your vest, flip the top cover open, and slam it into the gun, as shown in this massive picture. But honestly, the PPSh load with one drum and four or five sticks is probably the best method.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:58 am
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter

I think I like the idea of a steel milled AR that feeds from surefire quadstack mags better than belt fed

http://www.defensereview.com/dr-exclusive-surefire-60-shot-and-100-shot-ar-ar-15m16-5-56mm-nato-box-magazines-for-infantry-combat-and-tactical-engagements-meet-the-surefire-mag5-60-and-mag5-100-high-capacity-magazines-hcms/

might be a little on the big side.... you could carry around 10 or more 60 round mags on a vest for a total of 600+ rounds

I can see a gunner using just one of them as a mag that stays in the gun until initial contact where you can sling out lots of rounds and the 60 rounders for the rest of their ammo simply for ease of carry.

$390. xd

The Saw-Mag actually has its own MOLLE pouch... you peel it off your vest, flip the top cover open, and slam it into the gun, as shown in this massive picture. But honestly, the PPSh load with one drum and four or five sticks is probably the best method.
Great idea for paratroopers in my opinion.

But since the AR-10 was designed for either belt or mag I'd go with a belt on that bad boy. Put a longer barrel on and you've got the next GPMG.

Let's not forget the steel construction and short stroke deal I've explained already.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:25 am
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter

$390. xd

But since the AR-10 was designed for either belt or mag I'd go with a belt on that bad boy. Put a longer barrel on and you've got the next GPMG.

Let's not forget the steel construction and short stroke deal I've explained already.
Longer barrel? It already comes with a 20" barrel, how much longer does it need to be?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:57 pm
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel

$390. xd

Longer barrel? It already comes with a 20" barrel, how much longer does it need to be?
Oh yes I keep forgetting ARs already have a good range on them. I'm not sure if an AR-10 could compete in the range department with an FN MAG though.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:01 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel

$390. xd

Oh yes I keep forgetting ARs already have a good range on them. I'm not sure if an AR-10 could compete in the range department with an FN MAG though.
same bullet, similar length barrel. AR10 is more accurate, at least in semi. maybe not so much though after the barrel heats up.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:36 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
$390. xd

same bullet, similar length barrel. AR10 is more accurate, at least in semi. maybe not so much though after the barrel heats up.
With a heavy barrel it should be able keep up with an FN MAG in full auto.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:45 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
$390. xd

prolly.

it would be a lot better than the UK's attempt at a rifle SAW, thats for sure. the entire SA80 line is....rubbish.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:52 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
prolly.

it would be a lot better than the UK's attempt at a rifle SAW, thats for sure. the entire SA80 line is....rubbish.
The only good bullpup rifle was a Steyr AUG period.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:18 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
prolly.

I wouldnt count out the type 95, it put down the Tamils.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:36 pm
Orkronos
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
prolly.

why do asian countries always call rifles and military hardware "types" ?

the japanese did this with everything in WW2 from rifles to vehicles to infantry swords.

and it's been that way with the chinese since even before they've been making mauser rifle copies 100 years ago

I think the only one that doesn't follow this trend might be south korea.

I dont trust the type 95. mainly due to their choice in the ammo quality.... cast iron case, poor quality powder. cases are prone to breaking or not going completely into battery....

export quality of china regarding firearms is far better than what their military budget allows for their own equipment..... and that's due to having the world's largest army.
IMO they were better off with the type 56  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:25 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Orkronos
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
prolly.

why do asian countries always call rifles and military hardware "types" ?

the japanese did this with everything in WW2 from rifles to vehicles to infantry swords.

and it's been that way with the chinese since even before they've been making mauser rifle copies 100 years ago

I think the only one that doesn't follow this trend might be south korea.

I dont trust the type 95. mainly due to their choice in the ammo quality.... cast iron case, poor quality powder. cases are prone to breaking or not going completely into battery....

export quality of china regarding firearms is far better than what their military budget allows for their own equipment..... and that's due to having the world's largest army.
IMO they were better off with the type 56
Why does America prefix all their weapons and hardware with an "M"? And for the record, Other Korea uses the K prefix. I think they're up to K6 or K7 by now.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff