Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Dubbed Anime Discussion - Watching Naruto on Toonami? Come discuss here!
whats a chew-neen? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

abrachasyn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:45 pm
Okay. There is a difference between Sennin and Sannin. The first means "hermit" and I believe is only used to describe Jiraya. The latter means "three people" or "three ninjas" and can only be applied to Tsunade, Jiraya, and Orochimaru. Sannin is not a rank and cannot be achieved.

I like to think of the rankings as follows (this is not official, it's just in my head):

academy (not rank) - grade school
genin - middle school
chuunin - high school
jounin - college
ANBU (job not rank) - police or FBI
-kage (job not rank) - president

most other "ranks" are just occupations  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:29 pm
lmfao i like that! 'president' and 'FBI' good way to describe it! ^.^  

keira_hazuki

JhonnyRaincloud

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:48 pm
Chew-neen is the worst one out of all the misprounounciations in the dub. In my opinion.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:41 pm
i have no idea what the ******** you people are talking about because really shikalee is right two english 'e's make a japanese 'i' so it actually would be what you so crudely say "chew-neen" and if that's not the way you say it what the ******** do you guys call it, cha-nin? I don't mean to be rude if im sounding that way im just tired of people dawgin on the dubbed version all the time  

Historical

Mirrored Reflection

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:51 am
Shikalee
TCH. PHHB. GWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA... XD

Chuunin. It is the second level of ninja.
Naruto is currently a Genin. After Chuunin is Jounin, which is Kakashi's level.
After that is typically Anbu or other higher elite ranks such as medical nin.
Itachi is technically a Genin but stronger than a Jounin.
This is because he is a missing nin. Like a run-away ninja.

I believe Sennin is a special word that applies to only Jiraiya, Tsunade, and Orochimaru?
Those are the only "Sennin" ever spoke of.
See, the translation of "Ero Sennin" is "Pervert Hermit."
They're just hermits, which technically is not a rank.
You don't have to take a test to be a Sennin.

One tiny correction: Itachi became an ANBU squad leader before he defected, which means he's technically an ANBU, not a genin. But otherwise, you're right. And also, it's "Sannin" which means group of three. "Sennin", however, is a different word entirely. Jiraiya, Tsunade, and Orochimaru are called the "Densetsu no Sannin", and you're right, it's a rank only used to refer to them.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:00 pm
Yeah I'm not sure what Sennin means but they are definitely called the Sannin xd  

churrlo

Kai Hyuga

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:39 pm
Its as follows......

1 Academy Student
2 Genin
3 Chuunin
4 Tokubetsu Jounin
5 Jounin
6 Kage

Anbu- is technically not a full rank, more of an occupation, as you keep your ranking of Chuunin and Jounin. They are directly under the command of their Kage, you can be selected to be part of ANBU once you become a Chuunin. Itachi became a chuunin and shortly after he became ANBU.

Medic ninja- can be of any ranking at all, except for Academy student( they are still not ninja fully, just still training to be ninja) they are just those capable of healing others with their chakra. Sakura is still a genin and is a Medic-nin, Tsunade is a Kage and is a Medic-nin.

S Class- Ninja who have gained legendary status, Ninja who are extremely powerful, ninja such as Itachi,Kisame and most of the Akatsuki. Along with the three legendary Sannin of the Leaf Village, Jiraiya, Tsunade, and Orochimaru.

Sannin- Again not a rank, more or so a title, The Legendary Sannin of Konoha are Jiraiya, Tsunade, and Orochimaru, not a rank just a title, Technically all of them are still known as Jounin( except for Tsunade ).

Cooking-Nin- Not a rank, any ninja who is capable of cooking and feeding their fellow ninja ia one of these, just an occupation.

Hunter-Nin- Not an official rank, again just another occupation, track down missing-nin, cause they hold valuable Information that the enemy would like to use.

Missing-Nin- Not a rank, just a status of whereabouts, These are typically ninja who have left there village, to never come back. Ninja such as Itachi, Orochimaru, ALL of Akatsuki, Zabuza, and ETC.....

Wandering Nin- Ninja such as Jiraiya who have left their village in search of their own dreams and purposes, but still remain loyal to their village.

If anyone has anymore questions, fell free to P.M. them to me and I will get back to you on it.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:27 am
Thanks for the GREAT explanations there!!! ^^  

churrlo

AoiMizuTenshi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:00 pm
They are pronouncing Chunin correctly if you must know! Chu is pronounced like our word CHEW and Ni is pronounced like Knee and the N is an "N" sound. . .so it's CHEW-Knee-N. . .if you can't understand that then stop throwing a fit. I've taken two years of japanese. . .I know how the letters would be pronounced.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:01 pm
Seriously! I mean what's a nah-roo-toh! rofl  

XxOnlyxXHopeXx

Dubbed Anime Discussion - Watching Naruto on Toonami? Come discuss here!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games