Welcome to Gaia! ::

The zCampaign

Back to Guilds

Here to campaign on behalf of zOMG!, Gaia's neglected and dying MMO. 

Tags: zOMG!, Campaign 

Reply The Think Tank
Boardwalk Dash [ I ]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

setsunaeternal

Battle-ready Brawler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:17 am
I actually came up with the idea for a z!story I wrote for a contest, though the fact that the BB monsters no longer aggro kind of puts a damper on it, so this is more dependent on whether or not aggro for BB monsters gets turned back on once the area is open to the public and/or they figure out the CL cap business and we're on our way to CL 11 or what have you.

Idea 1: Boardwalk Dash

Teams are divided into 2 full crews; 6 Runners and 6 Protectors. The runners would cap themselves to say, CL 7 or 8, and it would be up to the protectors to run them from one BB entrance to the other along a plotted course. Winners would be decided by teams with the fewest deaths/fastest time. I'm not quite sure how we'd work out the logistics of that other than probably having them record themselves so there's no cheating.

Idea 2: Running of the Noobs

Participants sign up in advanced as either checkpoint guardians or runners. The rings runners would be allowed to carry would have to be decided upon in advance - no fleet, and either coy or sugar rush I guess to kind of keep it even keel so players without a full set of rings could still participate without getting blown out by someone who has medic, coy, sugar rush, and fleet all stacked. Runners would once again suppress to CL 7 or 8 and have to run along a decided course from one BB entrance to the other. Checkpoint guardians would be staged along the course to heal, buff, and take some of the heat off of runners. We could probably organize it into heats with 5 or 6 people running the course at a time, taking the first three to cross the finish line and advance them to the next round or whatever. Depending on how many people sign up we could even stretch it out to last more than a day.

I was kind of thinking it would be a fun thing to do to celebrate the opening of BB to everyone. It could also be applied to Otami - or we could possibly organize an Otami run ( To the Throne Room and Back Again ) just to test out how many people would participate and if it would be difficult to organize/keep everyone on track etc etc etc.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:59 pm
These are good ideas. I had a similar idea for my clan. It's a Search & Rescue mission though and they have to find level 1.0 people xD  

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

MiIiyah

Sparkly Spotter

9,000 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:31 pm
hmm the best way to ensure that there isnt cheating.
1 crew = 1 runner, 1 protector and 1 overseer who has the crew panel and map open.  
The Think Tank

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games