Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Crimson Shadow (Dunegons and Dragons Guild)

Back to Guilds

Dungeons and Dragons Pathfinder 3.5 

Tags: DnD 3.5, Dungeons, Dragons, Pathfinder 

Reply DnD/PF Game Threads
Sonnet's Diary

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lukaya Fine

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:11 pm
BACKGROUND:

|||||||||||| ||||||||||||
Sonnet Elandinai
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
At first glance, Sonnet appears otherworldly with her fair, lavender skin and her domineering height. Her large, green eyes contrast nicely against her light skin and often harbor a glimmer of mischief and charm. It’s hard to miss the hint of a sparkle when she’s amused in those emerald eyes, rimmed with such think lashes. She stands straight, her head held high revealing her slender neck which is usually decorated with many dainty, elegant, silver chains at the base. Her long, wavy, raven black hair is often worn up in varying twisting hairstyles. Unfortunately, lose curls occasionally fall into her line of vision, which can be quite annoying for an archer. She has a lanky appearance, but not ungainly. While she has muscles, especially in in her shoulders and chest to power her impressive wings, her limbs are rather elongated. Knowing her disguisingly thin frame in not intimidating, she makes up for it with her massive, pure white wings. Sonnet moves with ease and grace, not only because of her elven heritage, but because she’s spent so much time in the heavy forest where it’s to your advantage to stay hidden. Her movements are fluid, down to simply reaching for an arrow behind her to bolting through the forest. She claims this is from analyzing eagles, hawks, and other birds’ motions--as she was unable to learn from her mother on how to take to the skies. She almost has an air of superiority about her and can be a bit narrow-minded when it comes to certain issues. She most definitely does not have a plain look, and she blames this on spending too much time in the lanky, willowy Sanesta trees--which regularly sprout bright lavender leaves--no matter the time of year--as a child. She feels that she was lucky to have grown in a village close to these trees, though they were a bit isolated from the rest of her Avariel elven people. Due to an unfortunate accident, her mother was rendered flightless. Sonnet’s mother couldn’t handle the pity of her winged people, so she decided to move and live among the Wood elves. To speak of flying was always a touchy subject with her mother, so Sonnet had to rely on befriending winged creatures and on the few visits to the Avariel elf village to learn how to fly successfully. Her childhood memories are filled with running through the long, colorful leaves, from the Sanesta trees, that almost reach the grassy ground--with young Wood elven children and, later, animals at her side. There was one field, a break in the forest, that she spent most of her time in as a child. Most of her best memories took place in this meadow playing with the animal cubs. She remembers standing under one of the few Sanesta trees that were in the sizable field. Her small arms outstretched from her sides and her head tipped back to feel the heat of the sun on her skin. As the wind picked up, strands of the purplish leaves would gently blow over her face and she could feel the tall grass brushing against her knees. The sent of vanilla and lavender that the wind brought with it filled her, along with a sense of peace and freedom. That feeling, almost tangible, she could never acquire from another place. She almost could achieve this feeling when soaring through the skies, though not quite. Sonnet’s curiosity got the better of her. The reason for her leaving her home was her thirst for knowledge. She wasn’t satisfied with staying in her small village for her whole lifetime. She’s resilient and willing to try anything once. It could have been her fondness for animals or her mother’s teachings that lead her to coexist naturally with other creatures, and for patience, appreciation, and compassion to come without difficulty. She can befriend almost any creature without trouble, but she wouldn’t hesitate to kill to protect herself from a dangerous animal. She understands selfishness because she recognizes it in herself, but she feels it doesn’t take much to give to another. She normally looks out for herself. She wouldn’t necessarily go out of her way to help another, but if she stumbled upon someone who needed it, she’d give it almost without thought.

|||||||||||| ||||||||||||  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:36 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Entry One

Loneliness is such a relentless ache. Why won't this thought, so quiet and continuous, stop spiraling in my mind? There's a strange mix of emotions resting like a tight little ball in my stomach; weariness, a fragment of nervousness, and loneliness. The last is a relatively uncommon feeling. I enjoy having time to myself, not being bothered. It's relaxing. I can't really say I miss my people, as they really weren't 'my' people--even if I spent my childhood growing into an adult, evolving, around them. I'm never really alone in the forest either. The safety of the tall trees, the shadows they make, and the sounds of the smaller creatures scuttling under brush is more than enough to keep me company. I also have Rhyme who follows me, though where she is at the moment I haven't a clue. Probably sitting up in some tree, hooting. I don't understand this feeling and my unusual eagerness to arrive at the inn. Maybe I have just been in the forest, away from society, for too long. I never thought I'd feel isolated this way in the forest, where you can feel everything alive around you. I seem to forget that I'm really not alone here. Why do I long to be surrounded by filthy people that I'm not even acquainted to? I know I'm going to be sick of this inn 20 minutes after I arrive and would probably prefer to sleep outside, among the stars, then restricted to a small room with an uncomfortable bed. I don't even fully know what I've signed myself up for or what I'll even be doing, let alone what or who I should be looking for at this inn. Is that why I'm nervous? Afraid that there won't be anything or anyone there. I haven't been doing anything productive for months. I need to do something, work towards some type of goal. What if there is no one there? Where would I move on to next? I'd, presumably, just keep on traveling. Maybe I should just focus on those problems if the even arrive. I'm so close to the inn that I'm sure the lights off in the distance are from it's windows. I should continue forward--I'll, sooner rather than later, see what is or isn't laying ahead of me.

Lukaya Fine

DnD/PF Game Threads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff