Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Ugh Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:08 am
Azareas Aquarinus

EDIT: I did trust my intuition, I just didn't listen to all of it. It told me to choose: Cernunnos and Aradia. Why I chose Diana I don't know.

Aradia is a character in Leland's work "Aradia, Gospel of the Witches". It's possible she was also a figure in folklore, either tied to fairy-type entities or to a figure in the New Testament who became associated with Diana over time, or possibly both. I frankly don't trust Leland or the woman he supposedly got the story from; I think it's more likely that one or both of them created the story from folklore. After all, as we have just seen, Diana is a virgin goddess and so couldn't have birthed Aradia, and Lucifer anyway isn't her brother.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:13 am
Sanguina Cruenta
Azareas Aquarinus

EDIT: I did trust my intuition, I just didn't listen to all of it. It told me to choose: Cernunnos and Aradia. Why I chose Diana I don't know.

Aradia is a character in Leland's work "Aradia, Gospel of the Witches". It's possible she was also a figure in folklore, either tied to fairy-type entities or to a figure in the New Testament who became associated with Diana over time, or possibly both. I frankly don't trust Leland or the woman he supposedly got the story from; I think it's more likely that one or both of them created the story from folklore. After all, as we have just seen, Diana is a virgin goddess and so couldn't have birthed Aradia, and Lucifer anyway isn't her brother.

I see.

Lucifer as in Satan?  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:07 am
Azareas Aquarinus
Sanguina Cruenta
Azareas Aquarinus

I see.

Lucifer as in Satan?

Lucifer as in the Roman god.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:51 am
Sanguina Cruenta
Azareas Aquarinus
Sanguina Cruenta
Azareas Aquarinus

I see.

Lucifer as in Satan?

Lucifer as in the Roman god.

Oh. I see.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:51 am
Sanguina Cruenta
I'd say that'd take a back seat to the rest of it really. She's the type to turn men who see her naked into stags and setting their own dogs on them. That is to say, putting her into a sexualised situation with a verile male deity, probably a bad plan.

I was thinking more on Cernunnos's part. People made good points about why Diana would be upset- I was thinking that Cernunnos might be upset too- I mean, he has antlers and is often with a stag. Having someone who hunts stags be placed next to him- maybe I'm over thinking it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:41 am
Esiris
Sanguina Cruenta
I'd say that'd take a back seat to the rest of it really. She's the type to turn men who see her naked into stags and setting their own dogs on them. That is to say, putting her into a sexualised situation with a verile male deity, probably a bad plan.

I was thinking more on Cernunnos's part. People made good points about why Diana would be upset- I was thinking that Cernunnos might be upset too- I mean, he has antlers and is often with a stag. Having someone who hunts stags be placed next to him- maybe I'm over thinking it.

No. You're not overthinking it. I can understand what you mean.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:09 am
Esiris
Sanguina Cruenta

Cerrunnos is venerated as a god of hunters, as well as Lord of Beasts - sort of both sides of the coin, there. It's possible he might have taken offense at being paired with a pure hunter, but I think it's more likely that he'd not appreciate being paired with Diana for other reasons, mainly her chastity, and the fact that she'd consider him uncivilized and subhuman for being a Gaul.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:45 am
Morgandria
Esiris
Sanguina Cruenta

Cerrunnos is venerated as a god of hunters, as well as Lord of Beasts - sort of both sides of the coin, there. It's possible he might have taken offense at being paired with a pure hunter, but I think it's more likely that he'd not appreciate being paired with Diana for other reasons, mainly her chastity, and the fact that she'd consider him uncivilized and subhuman for being a Gaul.

That makes sense- thanks.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games