Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dragon Quest/Warrior Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all your Dragon Quest/Warrior needs! 

Tags: JRPG, Slimes, Roto, Alefgard, Zenithia 

Reply Party Chat (Chatterbox)
So, I can now say...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hassan used Spirit Punch
  Critical hit! 171 DMG!
  Miss, you need moar training.
  Pfft, you shouldn't be gambling your attacks like that.
View Results

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:10 pm
My twelve years of FFFFUUUUU- and RAGGGGGGE paid off as I am now a freaking black belt in Judo! Oy yoy yoy, you'd think they make you wait a week for the results and announce them at the end of class just to add tension. For a second, I thought I was going to fail as the grading person sort of saw me smoking in the dark alleyway, but I guess your outside life doesn't really matter as long as you're good at throwing people around inside the dojo, eh? I'm not going to do the whole degrees thing as just getting my black belt was enough for me, but yayyy, black belt, I'mma semi master!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:25 pm
Darn it. I could have sworn you were going to say...

HASSAN CHOP!!  

ThePersonInFrontOfYou
Vice Captain

Wheezing Wench

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:36 pm
< V >- SHOHASSANKEN! Although my Saturday mornings won't be really mornings anymore since I probably won't wake up all morning. : P  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:24 am
Wow! I don't do martial arts, but my folks are savvy at that sort of stuff. They're both blackbelts in Aikedo and they pass it down, sort of.

I have a bokken I do swings with at school. >_>  

SilverBellsAbove

Misuki Marishima

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:09 pm
Congrats, Hassan/Maji. =D I'm sure getting a black belt was very hard work, much like me going through college.

That is awesome that you got it. 8D  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:16 pm
Aikedo? I've heard of it, is it an assault martial art or a defensive one? I has unsharpened katana which would probably do more damage being slapped with the broad side than the supposed "edge" as well as a pair of tonfa as I couldn't resist. : P

At least you're working hard, Sue, I went twice a week if that upon getting "Bord" (sorry Dx ) of it when I became an agnsty teenager with a car and licence. D:  

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200

SilverBellsAbove

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:21 am
Aikedo is a defensive art that also attempts to protect the attacker from injury... sort of. It uses various throws and manipulations of the foe's weight to send them flying and away. It requires a lot of practice, discipline, but not a lot of strength-- a 5 foot tall woman can easily throw a 6 foot tall scary man if she knows how to pull him.

I say 'sort of' because it must be practiced on a mat because the speed with which the bodies fly away and hit the ground is very painful. And, on the wrong surface, possibly injurious or even fatal.

(Sword work is also done, as is staff and canework. Including how to disarm somebody who has any of those.)  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:50 pm
Oh okay, I was looking at pictures, as you peaked my interest and I really like their dogi (or maybe just the sensei wears the fanned out pants?) I could never do Aikedo from the quick research I just did, I lack the patience. Dx
Judo was more of an assault martial art that focused on choke holds and take downs, so long as I looked good taking someone down, did well on my "kata" and could maintain choke position, it was all good. Of course my dogi was a little less badass being the standard white one, but it was so thick that I could probably prance around in the Canadian Winter with it. xD  

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Party Chat (Chatterbox)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers