Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Family baggage, anyone?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darth Kosher

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:49 pm
Ever feel like you're marrying into a battlefield? Or your moving into a war zone? Or you just overlooked the minor detail when combining families?

For example, I married a girl thinking that everything would be perfect. Until I found out she had two kids. Who hated each other. Who also hated her.

Anyone find any surprises or drama just by moving in with another person?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:16 pm
I remember the first time I realized that when you ask a Sim how much money they have and they reply with 3 simoleon signs, that they can pretty darn well be lying. I had one of my Sims marry this guy who claimed to have that much money and then moved in with $1000. It was enough to buy a fridge and an oven. After that, still broke. ._.  

SilverMaple

Sparkly Lover

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:38 pm
cєℓєsтιαℓ ғιʀєғℓιєs:

I founded my original legacy family with a guy I wasn't aware was married. They couldn't get married because of that and I felt kind of bad. :C Otherwise, I mostly stick to my own sims, but I haven't had very bad luck with marrying NPCs yet.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:50 pm

the weirdest thing happened when my sim married one of the pre-made sims. he was a young adult aged sim (like, at most seven days into young adulthood.) but he had a daughter who was a child. i have no idea how this happened. i'm guessing he had her with the woman he was previously in a relationship with, though the daughter takes on my family name.
to have her he would have impregnated the old girlfriend as a teen.

osozaki girl

Fashionable Prophet

Darth Kosher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:20 pm
Coffee Eyes

the weirdest thing happened when my sim married one of the pre-made sims. he was a young adult aged sim (like, at most seven days into young adulthood.) but he had a daughter who was a child. i have no idea how this happened. i'm guessing he had her with the woman he was previously in a relationship with, though the daughter takes on my family name.
to have her he would have impregnated the old girlfriend as a teen.

I had a sim move in like that. Like, the first time I saw her she was pregnant, and then the next day she wasn't pregnant and had a toddler. It was odd.  
The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games