Reply [IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]
[JRP] Starting A New Life (Kamau & Maua) [FIN]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:28 pm
Kamau was quite honestly sick and tired of his life in the rogue lands. It wasn't that he was too lazy to do things himself, on the contrary he believed that all lions should work to find food and a place to sleep. But it was the constant uncertainty of the rogue lands that bothers him. Clearly he was not cut out for this kind of lifestyle and really couldn't understand why so many lions voluntarily lives such lives. No this life was not for him anymore, time to find a proper place to settle down before the rogue lands ended up killing him

He had recently heard a few whispers from passing rogues about a pride that count work well for him. As a nice bonus lions with purple on their hides were regarded in high standings, or so the rumors had said. That was the thing about most rogues, they would lie just to keep others happy. Kamau hated liars, which was a major thing for him to admit because honestly he disliked the word hate, it was so strong. So, relying on what could never well be nothing more than a lie Kamau traveled in the direction of this apparent purple loving pride, but smart that he was he did not keep his hopes up.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:22 am
User Image
Maua was just a little bit irritated, something which was not an entirely new occurrence but her mate Kivuli had apparently brought another Lioness into the pride...and she apparently had quite a bit of purple on her. Maua didn't doubt her mates loyalties when she thought about it logically but ..feelings and logic were often two separate things and the thought of kivuli spending time with another female was enough to get her in a huff.

She'd have to do something about that of course...make sure the other female was unavailable or find something else wrong with her so that he wouldn't be desirable. Surely she could think of something and in order to gather her thoughts and make her plots she had decided to take a brief walk about the prides outer limits.

JetAlmeara

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:30 am
Kamau was beginning to wonder if he had indeed been lied to and that frustrated him to no end. Yet he kept walking, he had to at least ensure the pride wasn't further than rumors had stated. He could smell lions here, and quite a few of them. Whether this was the pride he was looking for or not he would find out soon enough. Up ahead he spotted a while lioness who had a splash of purple and gold on her that complemented each other quite well. Could she be part of a pride? Perhaps, and Kamau hurried along to catch up with her.

"Excuse me!" He called out as he got closer, trying to grab her attention as his paws brought him closer. Once close enough that he could talk without a raised voice Kamau dipped his head in a greeting and then looked upon the lioness. "Pardon the intrusion. My name is Kamau and I have heard there is a pride not far from here, is that true? And by chance are you a part of it?"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:42 am
Maua sighed heavily - here she had been trying to gather her thoughts and fix a serious problem in her life, completely minding her own business and here she was about to be accosted by some dirty rogue..or worse one of those groundling creatures (though the odds of that were pretty slim most of the groundlings knew better then to pester her unless she spoke to them first)

Turning around she prepared to snap at the rogue and tell it to move along because she simply wasn't interested in anything it had to say...when she caught ahold of him, he was mostly white a pretty snowy color that was anything but dirty and his mane was a lovely shade of purple - perhaps not as brilliant as her own coloring but pretty none the less. Well...she could deal with him she supposed..and he was interested in the pride...what a lovely coincidence - perhaps he would be interested in joining, then she could look good for the king by bringing in another member and possibly make Kivuli Jealous by spending time with another male..a male with pretty much the same amount of purple on him at that! Perfect!

"Greetings Kamau"She purred at the white lion in a sweet voice 'I am Mwita Maua..Maua for short and you are indeed correct in both assumptions - there is a pride here and I am a part of it" She confirmed sitting to wrap her tail prettily about her forelegs.

JetAlmeara

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:54 am
What luck! So those rogues hadn't been lying to him, what a relief. Kamau dipped his head once again. "It is a pleasure to meet you Maua. I had begun to think I had been left astray by the rumors. Rogues have a nasty way of giving false information." He couldn't help but chuckle at that, as he was in fact himself a rogue at this point. But perhaps not for much longer, if this pride was indeed a good fit for him he might fulfill his desire to settle down finally.

"I have only heard a few whispers about the pride and I am not entirely sure how correct they are." He admitted while lowering himself down on his haunches to sit. "Perhaps you could enlighten me about your pride." And after a short pause he probed a bit using what little info he had gathered about them. "Is it true that purple is a color of honor and nobility?" If it was, then he would likely alredy be in good standings with the pride thanks to his pale purple mane.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:04 am
"Isn't that the truth!" Maua agreed with a chime like chuckle "The stories I could regale you about their treachery, why it would simply curl your mane" She told him with warm look - of course this rogue wouldn't do such a thing, he was already proving to be the type of lion worthy of the purple on his hide..why look how very polite he was being.

"Well it seems like you have run across on of those rare truthful rogues" he told him after he had finished speaking "Our pride does indeed value the color purple - it is the shade of the nobility such as myself" Might as well let him know right away that she was a noble, not that he wasn't being respectful enough already..but it was a good fact to toss out when one had the chance. "May I ask why you have sought out my pride?"

JetAlmeara

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:16 am
Kamau chuckled once more at her mention of stories that could curl his mane. And he was fairly certain she was telling the truth, he himself had quite a few stories from his life in the rogue lands that could offend even the hardest of lions out there. Which is precisely why he had sought out this pride once he caught wind of it.

"Indeed it seems like I have." It was a very rare thing to find a truthful rogue these days, most only cared about themselves and would tell you just about anything to get you to move on and leave them alone. If only he had gotten that rogues name then he could thank him properly should he ever happen upon him again. Oh well, such was life. "To be honest, I am not cut out for life in the rogue lands. All that squabbling over scraps of meat or a place to sleep does not suit me well. Too many low lives running around out there. What I need is a more stable place to live that suits my needs and when I heard the rumors of your pride I thought it sounded like a place that I could live in."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:23 am
"Goodness, yes..it's not an easy life out there in the wilds" Maua commented with a nod - and why her daughter had purposefully chosen such a path still irked her beyond belief, though this was not the time to be placed into an ill temper due to Nyota's foolishness...or Pur's for that matter come to think of it.

"But of course you don't belong out there with the heathens - even only speaking to you for but a moment I can tell you are a far more cultured sort of beast...and what luck you are in!...the pride is currently accepting new members, with your lovely coloring you should have no trouble, no trouble at all among the noble houses."

JetAlmeara

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:40 am
Kamau grinned widely. He liked this lioness, she spoke so freely and truthfully about things, even if they were mostly talking about the horrid conditions of living out in the rogue lands. Heathens indeed, such brutal brutes were out there, granted he did run into the occasional nice lion, but that was a rare treat. Perhaps some of those lions would have benefited from a pride such as thing or another, but Kamau was not about to abandon this new possible home just to search those few out.

Pushing these thoughts back Kamau listened to Maua explain that not only was the pride accepting new members at this time but his purple mane would grant him a place among the Nobles. "Splendid! It is quite fortunate I came across the pride when I did, would be a shame to come all this way just to be turned away because you were not accepting members." Boy wouldn't that have been a disappointment, find the perfect pride and be told to come back later when they were accepting members. Luck was clearly on his side today. "Is there anything in particular I must do to join?" He asked, not sure if there were certain customs or traditions that had to be followed or if it as simply an acceptance by word of mouth.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:27 am
Maua smiled, her tail tip flicking slightly as she pondered what Kivuli would think when he was told of her parading about with a new male in tow. Not that she would ever actually cheat on him f course...but it was good to keep him on is toes from time to time. In any case this beast was proving to be a good find, he seemed respectful and intelligent and of course..he was adorned with that wondrous purple mane.

"oh nothing so fancy as that - I shall merely take you back and introduce you to the others, perhaps our king should he be present but merely my invitation to stay should be sufficient to gain you a den and the safety of the pride."

JetAlmeara

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:51 am
So nothing special was required, well didn't that make it easy for them. Still he couldn't help but feel like a great weight had been lifted off of his shoulders. All those years of struggling in the rogue lands could be put behind him and then would be but a memory to remind him that things had been much worse at one point. Standing Kamau gave his purple mane a bit of a shake to smooth it out.

"Shall we go then?" He asked, not wanting to spend another moment as the rogue on the outside of the pride. "I look forward to meeting with the other nobles and obtaining a true den." And if luck would have it perhaps he could see the King as well, though if not he was still quite happy with how things turned out today.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:12 pm
"Of course" She told him, standing and giving a small stretch before leading him back towards the interior of the pride lands, she would make sure of course to introduce him to everyone she thought notable..and the gossips just so Kivuli would hear about it. She'd find him a nice den somewhere close to theirs to further the torment. It was the perfect plan.

Now if she could just come up with something to do with that other female...life would be good again.

JetAlmeara

Eloquent Raider

[IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces