• Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:13 pm
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
The general idea of a machine pistol is a pistol size package with the bite of an SMG. So far Berretta is the only one that has given something satisfactory.
Glock would like to talk to you...
I suppose IMI and Cobray would like to as well?

@Recon: It's pretty much the only burst fire pistol and everyone seems to remember it. Burst fire seems more controlable than full auto IMO.
Nah, ******** T-guns and their high centers of gravity. Recoil on the micro-uzi is so bad that some local kid shot himself in the head a year or two ago because of the muzzle flip.
I only fired the full size one and it was ok.

but if it's anything like a mac11 I can understand why. the mac only takes like a second to dump the mag too

I find that both the uzi and the mac with the stocks extended it feels so ******** awkward, it feels like youre holding it way high up
Well, I was referring to firing them without the stock. With the stock, T-guns become much more controllable, but without, they're broncos on steroids. The G18C, as it comes from the factory, has been described as the most controllable machine pistol ever made.
Don't those compensator ports funnel in a lot of dirt?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:12 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
I suppose IMI and Cobray would like to as well?

@Recon: It's pretty much the only burst fire pistol and everyone seems to remember it. Burst fire seems more controlable than full auto IMO.
Nah, ******** T-guns and their high centers of gravity. Recoil on the micro-uzi is so bad that some local kid shot himself in the head a year or two ago because of the muzzle flip.
I only fired the full size one and it was ok.

but if it's anything like a mac11 I can understand why. the mac only takes like a second to dump the mag too

I find that both the uzi and the mac with the stocks extended it feels so ******** awkward, it feels like youre holding it way high up
Well, I was referring to firing them without the stock. With the stock, T-guns become much more controllable, but without, they're broncos on steroids. The G18C, as it comes from the factory, has been described as the most controllable machine pistol ever made.
Don't those compensator ports funnel in a lot of dirt?
I dont see why they would do that unless you rolled it around directly in the mud.... and even if it did come close to funneling anything in from regular use it would most likely be expelled by out pressure. we all already know how reliable glocks work when dirty anyways. hell they dont even need their guide rod to work properly  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:49 pm
not that this matters but keltec already did what you wanted with their version of the five seven

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcCCBjlA1V4&feature=related  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:05 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
not that this matters but keltec already did what you wanted with their version of the five seven

Not really. It's still a .22WMR Machine Pistol.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:08 am
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985

it's the same thing  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:19 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985

it's the same thing
It doesn't even fire in bursts. neutral  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:50 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985

it's the same thing
yes it does, let go of the trigger when you've fired enough.

beltfed MG's arent burst but you're still trained to always keep it within 6-9 round bursts

it's called timing and you can fire whatever amount you want in a burst with some training. much better than a fixed rate

3 round burst is a mechanical solution for a training problem.
not to mention burst mechanisms are finicky and are prone to ******** up.

the army simply found it cheaper to just hand the vast majority of soldiers a weapon with a fixed rate, and focused burst specific training to MG gunners...because they are fewer in number. the training works, the army was just lazy when it came to slightly more extensive training for every single troop to fire in bursts.

the whole mechanism is a training crutch and is flawed

only way i'd own a transferable burst class 3 is if it cost me way less than an F/A weapon and it would just have to do.

-rant over.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:29 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985

it's the same thing

beltfed MG's arent burst but you're still trained to always keep it within 6-9 round bursts

it's called timing and you can fire whatever amount you want in a burst with some training. much better than a fixed rate

the army simply found it cheaper to just hand the vast majority of soldiers a weapon with a fixed rate, and focused burst specific training to MG gunners...because they are fewer in number. the training works, the army was just lazy when it came to slightly more extensive training for every single troop to fire in bursts.

only way i'd own a transferable burst class 3 is if it cost me way less than an F/A weapon and it would just have to do.

-rant over.
Then why do we still have the M16A4?  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:58 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985

it's the same thing

-rant over.
Then why do we still have the M16A4?
Because the crutch still exists. Also, flat-top.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff