A moment of silence for our russian comrades

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

war_junky 91

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:33 am
Quote:

MOSCOW – A suicide bomber carrying a suitcase walked into Moscow's busiest airport and set off a huge explosion Monday, killing at least 31 people and wounding nearly 170, witnesses said.

The international arrivals terminal at Domodedovo Airport was engulfed by smoke and splattered with body parts after the mid-afternoon terror attack sprayed shrapnel, screws and ball bearings at passengers and workers in a loosely guarded area. Hundreds of people were in the area at the time.

President Dmitry Medvedev immediately ordered authorities to beef up security at Moscow's two other commercial airports and other key transport facilities. He also canceled plans to fly out Tuesday to Davos, Switzerland, where he aimed to promote Russia as a profitable investment haven to world business leaders.

Monday's attack was most likely carried out by a suicide bomber and "attempts were being made to identify him," Investigative Committee spokesman Vladimir Markin said. The Interfax news agency, citing law enforcement sources, said the head of the suspected bomber had been found.

No one immediately claimed responsibility for the explosion, which occurred at 4:32 p.m. (1342GMT). But Chechen militants have claimed responsibility for previous terror attacks in Moscow, including a double suicide bombing on the subway in March 2010 that killed 40 people and wounded more than 100.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/eu_russia_airport_blast

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:10 pm
That's terrible. sad I hope those wounded will be alright.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:13 am
Das Rabble Rouser
That's terrible. sad I hope those wounded will be alright.
Im sure alot of them will be. With the most common injury developing over the past 70 years shrapnel treatments are top notch. Only thing is I hope the Moscow hospitals arnt to overwhelmed.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:57 am
Quote:
The Interfax news agency, citing law enforcement sources, said the head of the suspected bomber had been found.

Okay, I lol'd.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out