Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
"No boy, no joy"

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Call Me Apple

Sparkly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:40 pm
"No boy, no joy"

She’s expecting
For the first time
Mother to be
The signs are visible
But with worry
She feels terrible

Lots on her mind
And not just the pregnancy
And the birth
In-laws excited
And anticipating
Their first grand –child
Has to be a boy
Girls bring no joy

Although the mother
Wants a girl
That wish remains a secret
For fear of upsetting the family

It’s sad
That people think like this
Reminds me of the Prophets time
When girls were buried alive

But even today
Infanticide exists
And the pressure is on
Women
To give birth to a boy

Holy charms
Duas from the pious
And off course a scan
All used to increase your chances
Of conceiving a male child

Woe! For the woman
Who has given birth to several girls in succession
Husband and in-laws disappointed
Faces like thunder
And wishing that they could bury their daughters under
The soil
Like the days of past

But today
Girls are kept
Out of sight and out of mind
Guarded and over-protected

With girls
Comes responsibility
And very high dowry
And the possibility
Of her losing her virginity
Before marriage
And shaming the family
Honour

Boys can do as they want
Nothing to lose
Free to choose
After all they are men
Protectors of the womenfolk

It’s this attitude
Disregards the gratitude
To the almighty
For the birth of a healthy child

Islam disregarded
Hindu culture accepted
Unknowingly
Followed and implemented
Girls are bad and boys bring luck

Hadiths ignored
About virtues of daughters
And blessings missed out on
Shame on those who follow culture over Islam

Girls and boys are from Allah
A gift for the parents
Responsibility
And route to Jannah

If it was not for the commands of Allah, stated in the Quran, and the Sunnah of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), women would not have been given the preference over men. Allah's Prophet was reported as saying: “Be fair and just in terms of the gifts you offer your children. If I was to give preference to any (gender over the other) I would have preferred females over males (in terms of gifts).” [Bayhaqi]

Moreover, Allah's Prophet concentrated throughout his teachings on giving more care and attention to females in general over the male. Females must be treated with kindness, respect, honor, dignity, integrity and their needs must be looked after. Allah's Prophet said: “He whosoever has three daughters, or three sisters, or two daughters or two sisters, and is very kind to them, demonstrating nice company to them and fears Allah in their treatment, will enter Paradise (as a result of his good actions to these females).” [Abu Dawood & Tirmidhi]

Islamic laws and teachings mandate that parents raise their children in the best manners and offer them a sound, beneficial and healthy education. Ibn Omar (may Allah be pleased with him), reported Allah's Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) as saying: “The most sinful of you are those who neglect those whom he is responsible to take care of.” [Abu Dawood & Nasaiee]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:43 pm
The moral of this thread is to warn those who prefer male babies over females, FEAR ALLAH *swt*

Because he has blessed you with a healthy baby, be thankful. The time of preferring male babies and killing your female babies was abolished when Islaam was reveled to Prophet Muhammad (saw)

It's very sad with all the languages the Qur'an is in, all the Hadiths available to us, people still hold on to their cultural ways and call themselves Muslims.  

Call Me Apple

Sparkly Shapeshifter

Silver Nephil

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:45 pm
It's probably overused, but the Chinese example works as an illustration of what problems can occur from favoring boy babies over girls: women from the cities there were being kidnapped because there're so few girls in the rural places from so many years of women only giving birth to boys.

After all, men are rather ill equipped for maintenance of any population by themselves.

Good poem, by the way.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:47 pm
thanks for the poem - i never thought this 'way of thinking' still exist rolleyes  

neko86

Aged Cat

Call Me Apple

Sparkly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:20 pm
Silver Nephil
It's probably overused, but the Chinese example works as an illustration of what problems can occur from favoring boy babies over girls: women from the cities there were being kidnapped because there're so few girls in the rural places from so many years of women only giving birth to boys.

After all, men are rather ill equipped for maintenance of any population by themselves.

Good poem, by the way.

@ bold: Lol, exactly!

I did not write the poem, I found it and thought it was very good whee  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:29 pm
Oooh I love the poem...and its sad though people still think this way...I rember a guy comming up to me and asked me how did my dad live with four daughters (this happened before my baby brother was born) I was just like WTF is wrong with you..honestly..and I live in Canada...-faceplam-  

Inactive92

O.G. Genius

7,200 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

The_Pathan
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:30 am
Ahh, nice poem. smile

The prophet explained that women is made from rib of a man, and if you straighten it, it will break.
wink  
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff