Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Jackie Flores
I think it would be too large and bulky and difficult to power using strictly modern technology. Give it 20-50 years, and miniaturization technology may then make something like this feasible. I don't like the idea of attaching weapons to the suit, however. I think the suit should be designed to carry weapons in the same manner a human does. That way weapons could be reloaded easily (you will NOT be able to store sufficient ammunition in the arm itself, and trying to load ammunition into an arm mounted weapon will be somewhat awkward, especially in combat), and switched simply by dropping one and picking up another. Electro-magnets could be used to make sure they are not accidentally lost in the heat of combat.

if it ever does become an issue, this is remedied by link guides already in use with aircraft and can be stored from a source somewhere else on the suit. like the thigh

dont need electromagnets that draw even more power and that weapons can be bumped off of when you can affix them to the suit as you would with anything else.

instead of mounting something in the first place, I'm starting to like the idea of putting a weapon directly into the hands of the operator so he can use anything. maybe a smaller weapon too, but still kick a**. like a 240 bravo. no need for precision mounting or anything of that matter.
Link guides don't have to deal with elbows, shoulders, and the full range of motion that comes with those things. It's part of why I never understood Battletech. HMM, I'VE GOT AN AUTOCANNON IN MY RIGHT HAND, BUT THE ONLY EMPTY CRITICAL SPACE IS IN MY LEFT FOOT. I'LL JUST PUT THE AMMO THERE.
whatever the problem is theres a solution that can be thought of. doesnt matter what minor complications arise.

there can be a way for it to work, whether it's link guides from an ammo box on the shoulder. or if it's feeding a belt directly from a box "hanging" on the arm.

but like I said instead of worrying of mounting and all that hightech...can just utilize the soldier's own arms to manipulate a weapon normally.
give him a 240 and a chest rig style area of the armor that can hold cans of linked 7.62 and have him reload it manually.

a sling attached to the frame can in turn keep the burden off of the operator's arms, if desired