Welcome to Gaia! ::

PINOY IWONCLAN EXTREME

Back to Guilds

Extreme ang saya! Extreme ang kwentuhan! Extreme ang pa-premyo! Extreme ang barkadahan! 

Tags: Filipino, Pinoy, Philippines, Pilipinas, iwonclan 

Reply Advice Section
Just another cliche: A reminder to all of us

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:02 am
I was supposed to create a blog thread on my own in one of the sections here in the guild (I think that was the Blogspot thing or whatever the title that was which I obviously can't remember anymore) but unfortunately I can't locate where it is. So I have decided to put this post here in the advice section where I could share the insight I have gained when I heard of this story which my bestfriend just told be about...An insight I have never imagined to be true.

I have a friend who just recently died of cancer at the age of 18-19 years old I guess (I'm not so sure being so forgetful of lots of stuff including numbers...worse are the numbers and names actually). We never imagined that it all ended this way. We never expected it...I guess nobody did. We were, I guess, just so insensitive that we disregarded the possibility that he'd eventually can't make it. I personally didn't know him that much. But I guess within the short span of time that we had together as friends, I can say that he is someone who is a great loss to all those people whom he had created a bond with.

By the time he told me about his situation, I did not believe in him that easily. I thought it was all just a prank joke...a joke which I would, most of the time, easily believe in. So when he asked me and my bestfriend (whom he loved so dearly, but whose love was never been reciprocated) to visit him--to be sure that we have been able to visit him before anything that might have happened--in his house, I just didn't take that seriously and just replied "Don't be a fool you fool. You have to live long enough so that we'll be able to find time to visit you and we'd go to cosplay events again and blahblahblah..." and ended the whole conversation with an "xD". That was probably the last conversation I had with him. He never got online again. I just get the news about him from by bestfriend though. I thought everything will be well not until I received the unexpected news of his death.

You may have heard the same kind of story coming from other people or probably just saw it in television or may be read in a novel or in any way that made you think that stories of this kind is just nothing but an overused idea. Believe me. I was once like that..having a firm belief that plots of this kind is nothing but all cliches about never-ending sad stories of death. But now that I have experienced it, it made me in a state of shock even until now while I am writing this...this thing. (See? I don't even know what to call this act of posting stories online. I don't even have a diary.)

But the bottom line is that whatever happens, try to appreciate everything around you and try to show your affection and gratitude to everyone who made even the slightest impact on you--however important or unimportant they may seem. You never knew when they'll be all gone. And the worse feeling that you'd be able to feel amidst their absence is the regret of not doing anything at all to even acknowledge their existence.

Mood: Sad sad
Listening to: Peace Love and Ice Cream by Sandy Dance
Eating: peach mango pie  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:10 pm
i'm sorry for your loss. sad

learn to appreciate everything around you. you may not know when will it all be gone. as long as you can express your care and love to someone, do it. life is short. use it wisely.

Happy Pantherlily
Crew

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

AkoSiAzumi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:01 am
I was sad reading this until I read the last line: PEACH MANGO PIE. dramallama . I'm gaga for peach mango pies! dramallama dramallama  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:52 am
Questing:
Hmm, such a sad story.
I wish you could have done more for your friend.

But sometimes that's just life is. Anything can happen. Love the people around you and appreciate them. Cuz you don't know when they'll be taken from you. Experienced that already, but luckily the person did not pass away like your friend did. Hope that you're okay now. cry

The Case of Pietro 50k//900k User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

KANDKNAKDNFLA

6,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Advice Section

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items