Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]
(LOG) Meeting of the minds (Mitra/Kame'bufuu)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:27 am
In the tall grass spaced throughout the hunting lands, waited a young huntress. She rolled her shoulders, keen sapphire eyes locked onto her target. Scampering lethargically across the ground was a fat hare that would make a perfect treat for her father. She could see the glee in his eyes now!

The lioness shot off like blue fire and snatched up her prey in a flash. It wasn't her cleanest kill, seeing as she had crushed the skull instead of the spin, but effective.

Kame'bufuu was napping nestled in the grass's embrace when his ear pricked up from the sound of fevered running and crushed bone. He had hoped he escaped the better part of the pride at the moment, as he was attempting to find a little time for himself. His daughters and sons had grown so much bigger in the recent weeks and with it came an abundance of energy. They weren't tiring like they used to and Kame found himself spending more and more time doing activities with them. It wasn't that he didn't enjoy his time spent with his children, it was that as they got older, so did he and the energy levels were shifting. They had more, he had less.

Deciding to indulge his ear's acuteness, Kame picked his head up from his resting spot to find a pale blue Banu with a very fat rabbit stuck in her mouth. She must have just caught it, and quite a catch it was. Not only was the hare much larger than they usually were, but because of that it was much slower and easier to catch. She made a wise decision in going after it.

"The meat within its skull is ruined though," Kame said aloud to himself as he tried to get as best a look he could of the rabbit from his resting place. He didn't want to get up and approach her in the off chance she mistook it for something else. The last thing he wanted was to have some Banu's father gunning for his throat.

Mitra angled her head towards the voice and was surprised to see a dark lion amidst the grass. She gently laid her kill near her paws before taking careful swipes to clean her mouth. It wouldn't do for another lion, much less a Pad, to see a Vizier's daughter in any state less than perfect. When she had finished, she positioned herself to get a better view of him. Was that...a skull? "A small price to pay for such a catch, don't you think?"

Her curiosity begged her to venture closer, but seeing as she was alone with a Pad she'd only seen very few times, she stayed her distance.

"It is quite a catch for a rabbit," Kame said, shifting his weight to a different side as he could feel a rock poking into his tight. "I have not seen many Banu take such risks with prey. Especially considering rabbits are much harder to catch."

Kame found it admirable that she would challenge herself by going after such difficult prey, even if the rewards were so small. Kinaya nor Tai went after rabbits, even as snacks, but he didn't expect they would. They had themselves, him and their children to feed, and he often thought that, Kinaya especially, were worried about ever disappointing him. Not that it was a likely thing to occur, they were far too accommodating to him for him to ever feel disappointed.

Quirking his head to the side, he noticed the spots on her face and the coloring. She reminded him of one of the Viziers. Perhaps one of his daughters? He would have to keep his standards in line right now, considering the company, "May I ask, does Vizier Faiz know you are out on your own, Banu...?"

Mitra's smile widened. "Thank you. I pride myself going above and beyond my duty." More so lately than usual. Thanks to the pressure of having to find a respectable Pad, she had been pushing herself harder and harder. Already some of her sisters had been chosen, and she couldn't help asking 'Why?' Finally, she was getting recognized for her work, and she felt relieved.

"Mitra. My name is Mitra." Mitra's cheeks flushed, and nervously she shifted from paw to paw. "He does...to some extent. I'm supposed to be teaching my cousin to hunt, but..." She sighed. "I needed some space."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:42 pm
"I see," Kame said, giving Mitra a small grin. With his children being born, and growing up around him he found it much easier these days to grin or smile; however, it didn't mean his face looked any less startling than what it truly was.

"I understand that need for space at times," He said quietly, "Kinaya and Tai, my mates, need their space from our children every now and again. I sometimes wonder how they can take care of all eight of them without losing their bearings."

He smiled at his own silly joke. Truth be told, Kinaya and Tai did very well with the eight children in the den. Some of the other harems had many, many children and he often wondered how they made due. He didn't think some of those children got the attention they deserved, but at the same time he knew that in this pride with their customs, it wasn't about the children. It was about the Pads.

"As long as your father knows you're here," He said, "I would be remiss to not have asked and find out later on that no one knew you were out here and something have happened to you, Banu Mitra."

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:00 pm
"It's hard," she pondered thoughtfully. "From what I've heard, it's very rewarding, though. My mother tells me that cubs are a labor of love." Mitra shrugged. "I'm not the best to ask, though. Beyond looking after my younger cousins, I haven't been around many cubs."

She assumed it was stressful work, though. After the pain of labor, one had to raise, tend to, and entertain a whole litter while worrying over one's Pad. "At least they have each other," the young Banu pointed out with a smile. "That maximizes the effectiveness in cub care, and provides them with a friend."

Mitra flicked her delicate tail around her paws, rubbing against the bracelets of spots before flicking to the side. "I thank you for the concern, Pad Kame, but I think t'were my father to know that I was having such a stimulating conversation, that he would be very happy."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:48 pm
"You will get your chance," Kame said with a slight nod. "For now, it is best for any Banu to learn what they can. Your knowledge is passed on to your children, or that of the rest of the pride. You teach them some of the most important things they will need to know. The more knowledge you gain, the smarter you are. The smarter you are, the more you will be fought over."

Kame couldn't help but chuckle slightly at his own statement. He'd seen many ends of the spectrum happen in his years. Men have fought over women for their beauty, their brains, or even their brawn. It was no doubt to him Mitra would be fought over for her knowledge, beauty and daring.

"You are daring and knowledgeable, Banu Mitra. You must already be fought over."

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:05 pm
Kame's words were quickly settling into her mind. She'd already been aware since birth how much her actions would be reflected upon her father, but she hadn't had much time to ponder how they may effect the pride as a whole. It was difficult to think of multiple families when the one she saw most was her own.

She laughed demurely, turning her eyes to the ground before slowly rising them back to his with a little smile on her face and a blush on her cheeks. It wasn't often that she felt as flattered as she was, but it was also rare to be complimented the way Kame currently was. "If they are, they're keeping quiet about it, Pad Kame'bufuu." Her smile turned into a grin. "That or my father has scared them away." She shook her head. "I'm afraid only one Pesar has ever seemed interested, and unfortunately, he left with his mother some time ago."

Though she didn't show it, she was bitter about it. Not only had he been her best friend, but he was her crush, and dare she say it, her first love. At this point, she could only wish him well and do the same for herself.

hibi-tea

[IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff