Submit

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:41 am
Furaha had had it up to the tips of her ears with all of this. Her father spent more and more time away from the den, probably showing some kind of favor to those 'others' she'd heard whispers about, whatever they were. Well, today she was going to follow him and find out exactly why he preferred these mysterious others over her and her sisters!

Oh, sure, he tried to pretend he loved them, but Fura knew better! He didn't want them, he only put up with them for some reason that she didn't understand. Her sisters didn't notice, but she did! And today she was going to prove it - she would see why he spent so much time away, find out his true colors and... well, she didn't know what she would do after that. Certainly not tell her littermates, they seemed happier pretending that he really loved them, and she did want them happy.

But she wanted to find the truth for herself, to prove that she was right and for some reason she wasn't wanted, wasn't good enough, was... inferior to these 'others'. The others HAD to mean other cubs; she hadn't asked about it but she wasn't stupid. It was easy enough to pretend to be asleep and eavesdrop on her parents conversations before her father left again. What was so special about them anyway?!? Were they prettier? Certainly not healthier, she hadn't been sick even once in her short life! Maybe it was because of their mother...

Furaha didn't really know the reasons. But she was going to find them out, and force her father to show his true colors. She wouldn't let him lie to her any more!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:57 am
"See, papa?" Liraz called out, her voice raspy and her movements slow despite the fact that she seemed to take great pleasure in showing off to her father. The little bony lioness had a small feather balanced on the tip of her nose and she giggled gleefully as she showed her papa the little act she'd been practicing in his absence. Today she was feeling well enough to step outside of the den and enjoy the sunlight. The bright warmth of the sun always made her feel better -- it soothed her cough, relaxed her joints, and brightened her spirits.

"I see, my love! I see!" Jozo laughed at his daughters antics. She'd frightened him recently. He and Eppie had been convinced that she was going to be leaving this mortal world. He never ceased to be amazed by the strength of his youngest and frailest daughter. Liraz was the most loving of his children, the most accepting of her lot in life, and Jozo felt as if she had much to teach him.  

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:08 am
Fura heard it before she saw them. Sure, it could be any cub talking to their 'papa', but that was her father's voice who had just called this COMPLETE stranger his 'love'. Crouching down as low as possible so that she wouldn't be seen, the black and orange cub crept closer, until she had a good spot to see what was going on.

Her heart dropped into her stomach as she found her worst fears confirmed right in front of her eyes. Sure, she'd known this was true, but she hadn't expected confirming it to hurt so much. The cub certainly knew she had never been called 'my love', and to see that undisguised pride in her father's - her daddy, though she wasn't sure she wanted him anymore, not if he didn't want her!- hurt a lot more than she thought it would.

Tears welled up in her eyes, a mixture of heartbroken feelings and pure rage at her parent for betraying her like this. With a small roar and a shouted "How could you?!?", Furaha charged in the twosome's direction and launched herself at her former father, scrabbling at him with claws, teeth, and the pain of a cub who had found out her worst nightmare was real.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:34 am
Now, if you had asked Jozo that morning if he had expected to find himself face to face with two of his daughters that were related to him (and half-way related to one another though neither knew it, or so he'd let himself think), he'd have laughed and went on with his day. Of course he knew that eventually all of his children would have to be told that they had half-siblings through different mothers, but he hadn't expected it to be so soon. And certainly not like this.

Furaha's furious claws caught him around his legs. The pain he felt was nothing compared to the fear he saw in the eyes of his youngest daughter. Liraz stared at them in shock, a horrific look on her face while that feather that had been so amusing just moments past now stuck comically to her nose.

This was every fathers nightmare, Jozo was certain of that. Lifting his raging daughter in his paws, he dodged her blows and spoke in a softly firm voice, "Fura. Stop."

Throughout this entire altercation, Liraz, in her dismay, had started coughing. Furious heaves wracked her fragile body, the sound hoarse and rasping in her lungs. She didn't want to cry but she didn't know what was going on, and she certainly didn't know who this cub was.  

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:49 am
Fura, however, as in no mood to listen, no matter how ill the other cub seemed to be. Tears poured down her face and she continued scrabbling furiously, raking claws wherever she could. "I knew it, I knew it, I knew it! I knew you didn't love me! You don't, you don't!" After a few minutes though, her rage expended itself and she hung limp in Jozo's paws, staring at him with betrayal in her gaze.

Orange eyes looked over at the sick cub for a moment, before looking back at her father. Furaha's gaze darkened further, and she glared at Jozo with a mixture of hurt and utter contempt. "You're not my Father."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:05 pm
A lion who dearly loved all of his cubs, a lion that would willingly give his life for theirs... Fura's words cut Jozo to the very core. He didn't want to make that obvious, as he was certain that her words were just those of a very upset little cub, but her feelings were hurt and in turn that made Jozo's chest ache.

"I do love you, Fura. I love you with all of my heart." A worried look was cast towards Liraz as she coughed. Watching his daughter struggle to breathe caused his own breath to hitch. "You are my daughter and I am your papa. I will always love you, and I will always be your papa."

Setting her down on the ground, he rose to his feet and made his way towards Liraz. How could he explain this? Not to just one daughter, but to two? Liraz was watching him carefully, her coughing having dwindled. "Papa," she whispered softly, slowly shaking the feather free before she made her way towards Jozo. Her voice was questioning and she sent a glance towards the cub that her papa called Fura. If what her papa was saying rang true, that meant that this other cub was family?  

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:17 pm
Furaha shook her had as she was dropped, and she backed away, hissing softly. "No you don't! Papas don't lie! They don't hide things! They don't - don't have other cubs and NOT TELL ANYONE!" Her voice shook as she yelled, and she continued to back away until she ran into a stone and could backpedal no farther.

It was only then that she realized just how shaky she was - the little cub was quivering all over, and at last she sank to a sitting position, tears still falling from her eyes. He wasn't her father, not really! She didn't want him as one anyway!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:31 pm
Liraz's heart ached for both her papa and for her new-found sister. She didn't really understand why Fura was so upset -- the thought that she had another sister besides Veena thrilled Liraz! As Fura backpedaled, Liraz followed with a small smile. An eager smile, really. She was excited to learn more about her sister!! "Don't worry," she whispered to Fura, yearning to reach forward with a comforting hug. "I'm Liraz," she continued, "and our papa is a great papa, Fura."

Jozo didn't speak for a long time, just watching his daughters. One from Gerda, one from Eppie. Both beautiful little girls that he loved so much his chest felt like it could burst. Fura's tears caused an ache in his chest and slowly he padded forward. He could never explain the circumstances that had led to fathering two litters. He didn't want to explain. He just wanted to love his family, all of them, for as long as they were on this earth.  

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:47 pm
Furaha shook her head, cringing away from this stranger that was a sister. "He lied. That's wrong and it's - it's not fair!" She said, her ears drooping even as she tucked her tail and made a sound rather like a pathetic mewl.

She turned a weak glare up at Jozo, confused, hurt, and definitely sure she was still mad at him. "I'm not good enough? My sisters aren't? You had to h-have o-other cubs that you - you could love m-more? Is - is that it?" The rage was draining out of her almost completely now, leaving a completely muddled and brokenhearted little one in its wake.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:53 pm
Jozo tried to speak but Liraz beat him to it. "Shh, shh," she whispered. The broken-hearted tone that Fura had made Liraz want to cry. She wasn't upset with her papa for having another family that he didn't tell her about, but that's because she was very secure in her father's love for her -- and for all of her siblings, even the ones she knew nothing of. "Papa loves us all the same, don't you papa?" At Jozo's nod of affirmation Liraz continued speaking.

"Life isn't fair sometimes," she spoke softly, her words sounding much wiser than her years. "I am thankful for my papa, do you know why?" She didn't wait for an answer before continuing.

"My papa gave me my brothers and my sisters, and now you and your sisters." She beamed at Fura, hoping to share her joy. She moved to wrap her arms around her sister if the other cub would allow it.

Jozo watched silently, his heart shattering into a million jagged pieces. He was a terrible lion and though the things he did were meant to make people happy, he ended up hurting those he loved the most. Case in point was his daughter Furaha. He'd meant to make Gerda happy, he'd meant to make Eppie happy, and now his daughter was paying for his actions.  

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:23 pm
The dark-colored cub shook her head, dropping her orange gaze to the ground. "But," she started to say, and then shook her head, stopping herself. It wasn't worth it - this cub, this half-sister... she obviously believed what she was saying, and she was sick anyway. Best let her live out her life, however long or short it was, happily. Finally, she sighed and got back to her feet.

When she spoke again, her voice was a low mumble. "I'm sorry I scared you. And I'm sorry I interrupted your playtime," Furaha said, moving to walk away. "I'll go home now - my Mama probably needs me by now anyway."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:31 pm
"Wait!" Liraz didn't want to let her go yet! They'd only just met, there was so much more that Liraz wanted to do, to ask! "Can't you stay, just a little longer? My brothers and sister are all off playing, but I wasn't feeling well today until papa showed up, and now that you're here I'm feeling much better. We could go look at flowers or I can show you my feather collection, or my rock collection!" Her bright eyes pleaded with Fura, Jozo forgotten for now.

At a distance, Jozo watched Fura. His eyes were pleading with her to understand that he hadn't done this to hurt her. He was certain she would understand when she was old enough to hear the entire story, but for now, all he could do was try and pick up the pieces.  

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:42 pm
Furaha paused and looked back for a moment, her entire posture still drooping. At last, she sighed a little and nodded, trotting over to the other cub's side - and deliberately ignoring Jozo the entire time. Liraz could forgive and love their father all she wanted, but Fura was never going to. Never ever ever!

But that didn't mean she had to be cruel to a cub who was apparently just as unlucky as she was, having him for a father - worse, in fact, since she was so sick. She, at least, didn't deserve the focus of Furaha's anger.

"You collect things?"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:58 pm
Liraz brightened when Furaha showed interest in her words, and she nodded her head as swiftly as she could. "Yes! Feathers, rocks, flowers. I collect lots of things." It was one of the few activities she could partake in, and one she actually enjoyed with all of her heart. "I can also tell you about my visions, and about my friend Ndale. He's really pretty. His eyes are two colors!" Liraz drew Furaha away from Jozo, not giving him a second glance. She had another sister! She had FOUR other sisters! This was one of the best days of her life.

Jozo watched his daughters leave, feeling saddened and happy at the same time. It was an odd mix of emotions, one he wasn't sure he liked. All of his children would've had to meet at some point in time, but he'd rather it had been more organized and not so traumatizing. Nothing he could do about it now. For now he needed to find both Gerda and Eppie and let them both know that their children knew of the others.  

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers