Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)
The 14th of February I'll be gone

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:02 pm
For 5 months to internship. A place 4 hours driving away from here.

I tell everyone I am super excited to go, but honestly, I don't really want to go.

I'll be having internship in the Front Office of a hotel, with 513 rooms. I can already how busy and stressful it will be.

I can go home for a few days, To see my boyfriend and family.
Ohgod, I am going to miss him so much. . _ .

So if it looks like I'm gone, I'll be just busy checking guests in and out, for 5 months long. stare  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:04 pm
You're going to learn -so much- about people, and the s**t they get up to when they're not at home and they think nobody's looking and they're not accountable for it.

Sucks about the distance thing, though.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:13 pm
Morgandria
You're going to learn -so much- about people, and the s**t they get up to when they're not at home and they think nobody's looking and they're not accountable for it.

Sucks about the distance thing, though.

Ohyea, don't get me started.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:52 pm
That sucks D:

Well, I wish you well and good luck on your journey.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:02 pm
Azareas Aquarinus
That sucks D:

Thanks!

I am going to try and make the best of it.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:03 pm
Dianda Panda
Azareas Aquarinus
That sucks D:

Thanks!

I am going to try and make the best of it.

You're welcome smile  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:10 pm
Dianda Panda

I tell everyone I am super excited to go, but honestly, I don't really want to go.

I'll be having internship in the Front Office of a hotel, with 513 rooms. I can already how busy and stressful it will be.

So if it looks like I'm gone, I'll be just busy checking guests in and out, for 5 months long. stare
You're going to be in a position of being their main source of contact- which means if something goes wrong, it will be your fault- even though odds are you had absolutely nothing to do with it and it was either done by central booking or housekeeping or something else. If you can keep your cool and smile, and learn to fight for them while apologizing for things that aren't your fault, you'll do great.

Good luck!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:13 am
Best wishes!

Never take personally anything that a customer may say to you, no matter how personal it sounds. People can be dumb when they are upset and lash out and after it is over, they move on and forget the horrible things they said to another human being.  

kyndryana3

10,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200

Xaolu

Dapper Smoker

9,425 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:00 am
Good luck!!

Don't drop the soap.

People get pissed when you do that. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:46 pm
Esiris
Dianda Panda

You're going to be in a position of being their main source of contact- which means if something goes wrong, it will be your fault- even though odds are you had absolutely nothing to do with it and it was either done by central booking or housekeeping or something else. If you can keep your cool and smile, and learn to fight for them while apologizing for things that aren't your fault, you'll do great.

Good luck!

I know, I worked in a (much smaller) hotel before. Not in the Front Office though.

A part of my study was to be a manager over a part in school. I got the school-restaurant/cafeteria. If thinks go wrong there, it's your fault. I'm a social person, I smile, apologize. Make a talk, and fix it.

It's just that I'm in an unknown place, I don't know the people yet, or my colleagues, and I'll be living in the hotel. And I heard the employee-food there is pretty unhealthy.  

pompoennetje

*~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games