Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Whence it Flows

Dangerous Elder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:59 pm
uryu ishida
I mean, ********, my recruiter told me I'd be a high-speed joe, The Eyes of Death. I signed up in a combat MOS.

I'M STUCK BEHIND A DESK. Actually, AT a desk, with a number of other people, reading the field manual about my job and playing games on our phones. And when we hit the 'box? I'll be stuck at the TOK, with my only actual job being to yell out s**t when we get mortar'd, so I'll be stuck with guard duties and details all the time.

I don't get a pistol either. I don't even get an M4. I get an M16A2. Yes, an A2. THey took away my M4 so the officers would have them, even though they are even more emplaced in the TOK than I am, since I CAN be taken outside the wire if I can weasel in on a patrol.
See, the problem is, we don't use artillery any more, and FISTers all have secret clearances, which are really useful in the TOC.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:43 pm
uryu ishida
I mean, ********, my recruiter told me I'd be a high-speed joe, The Eyes of Death. I signed up in a combat MOS.

I'M STUCK BEHIND A DESK. Actually, AT a desk, with a number of other people, reading the field manual about my job and playing games on our phones. And when we hit the 'box? I'll be stuck at the TOK, with my only actual job being to yell out s**t when we get mortar'd, so I'll be stuck with guard duties and details all the time.

I don't get a pistol either. I don't even get an M4. I get an M16A2. Yes, an A2. THey took away my M4 so the officers would have them, even though they are even more emplaced in the TOK than I am, since I CAN be taken outside the wire if I can weasel in on a patrol.
*Goes through the notions of WTF* Seriously?! You get an ancient (Most likely rigorously used) M16 rifle from the 70-80s instead of at least a modern variant of the A3?

I thought the US military hardly recycled any of their old weapons. It was always cheaper just to produce a new stock of weapons.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:10 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
uryu ishida

I thought the US military hardly recycled any of their old weapons. It was always cheaper just to produce a new stock of weapons.
heck no, they recycle weapons as long as they can make them last.

would cost a fortune to just make more and throw them away when they can still be used.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:28 pm
Pripyat Dawn
uryu ishida

See, the problem is, we don't use artillery any more, and FISTers all have secret clearances, which are really useful in the TOC.
We use artillery plenty, I just got stuck in HHC instead of a line unit.  

uryu ishida

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:48 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
uryu ishida

would cost a fortune to just make more and throw them away when they can still be used.
Really? Because I would guess a M16 since it mostly made of alluminum would be damn cheap to manufacture. Probably cheaper than a AKM.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:55 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
uryu ishida

Really? Because I would guess a M16 since it mostly made of alluminum would be damn cheap to manufacture. Probably cheaper than a AKM.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:01 am
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
uryu ishida

nah, that was mostly the m16a1 and the m4

AFAIK m16A2's are manufactured by anyone the govt can get them from. in my experience i've seen MANY of them from random machining companies based in michigan,florida,oregon, etc
lowest bidder stuff. ive even seen a few of them that were converted from older m16a1 lowers and restamped with uppers from where idfk came from.

all of that goes on unless colt makes sure they have sole rights to produce I suppose.

still way more expensive and complex than AKM rifles  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:22 am
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
uryu ishida

AFAIK m16A2's are manufactured by anyone the govt can get them from. in my experience i've seen MANY of them from random machining companies based in michigan,florida,oregon, etc
lowest bidder stuff. ive even seen a few of them that were converted from older m16a1 lowers and restamped with uppers from where idfk came from.

all of that goes on unless colt makes sure they have sole rights to produce I suppose.

I think both their designs are equally complex given the simple fact that alluminum is damn easy to mill into and a long stroke gas system is probably harder to manufacture than a direct impingement tube.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:37 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985

I think both their designs are equally complex given the simple fact that alluminum is damn easy to mill into and a long stroke gas system is probably harder to manufacture than a direct impingement tube.
You know that Soviet doctrine of the 40's was "if you can't build it in an auto body shop, we don't want it," right?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:01 pm
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985

You know that Soviet doctrine of the 40's was "if you can't build it in an auto body shop, we don't want it," right?
You could build an M16 in an auto body shop if you had access to some alluminum alloy or just made it out of steel.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:37 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel

You could build an M16 in an auto body shop if you had access to some alluminum alloy or just made it out of steel.
Nah, too many precision parts. An auto body shop doesn't have the tools for milling, either.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:30 pm
I got a Beretta 92FS because I always liked the look of them mostly. I read a lot about the 92s and from what I know there are no major issues with the current guns being used other than many would like us to go back to a .45. The slide issues were fixed and I was told to just use factory mags and you should be ok. Some like the 92s others don't I think they are fine and I have owned one for several years now. They aren't to complicated and can be taken apart easily I have never had a problem with mine. My brother didn't like the grip size but it fits my hand well then recently he said he was looking at one because he has had several chances to shoot them.  

Wolf Nightshade

Wolf Nightshade

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:35 pm
uryu ishida

My friend was at a desk he was issues a Shotgun don't know about a pistol will have to ask him.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:46 am
I talked to my friend the other night at Kung Fu class. I could have swore he said he wasn't issued a rifle but he told me at one point he had an M4, pistol and a Shotgun. I may be wrong but I think he said he later had to give up the M4 but he said all he cared about was his Shotgun because he was in an office.  

Wolf Nightshade

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces