Reply Chatterbox/Humor
I got recruiters fighting over me!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Private Sanders

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:34 pm
No, really. I have two US Army recruiters fighting over who gets to recruit me.

I guess I should explain how this happened. On Tuesday, when I decided to terminate the process of enlisting in the Navy and switch to the Army I went to the Army website. There I punched in my zip code and the site located the nearest recruiting station. I called the station up and set up a meeting on Wednesday with the guy who picked up the phone. He explained what needed to be done next (acquiring the paperwork I did for the Navy), and we got to work on it. Then yesterday my next door neighbour, who is also joining the Army, came over and informed me that the Army website was wrong and a different recruiting office was nearer. She also explained that if I went to the nearer office and enlisted with her recruiter she could help me out with transport (which is help I need greatly) and she could provide me with transport to the Army's Future Soldiers program, which is a program I want to do but lack transport to. I agreed and made the switch. The first recruiter, however, is trying to hang on to me and calling repeatedly. The new recruiter says he'll deal with this, but the first recruiter is trying is best to hang on to me. So basically I have to Army recruiters fighting over me. Is that not awesome in a highly egocentric manner?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:42 pm
One of my friends scored a 97 on his ASVAB. Recruiters were all over him.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:04 pm
that sounds annoying, lol.

I only had another recruiter call me once, AFTER I already enlisted.

apparently they dont communicate very well with eachother,lol

also. I dont think I EVER signed up for selective service in my life as I went in before they would have sent it to me. not sure if thats a bad thing....

anyways it should stop with recruiters of all branches shortly after you sign up  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:55 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
One of my friends scored a 97 on his ASVAB. Recruiters were all over him.
I scored a 93. Perhaps that explains this drama?  

Private Sanders

Chatterbox/Humor

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff