Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
Bad Dreams/ Nightmares

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

the dead poet

5,100 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:27 am
Usually my dreams are pretty messed up and confusing, but that's how they've always been as far as I can remember. However, someone has made me realize that if I don't draw for a while my dreams tend to get more confusing. So far, in the past year, I've had 2 really bad nightmares. I'm making this thread, since I recently had one and refuse to go back to sleep.

The first time I had one was probably this past August. Before I describe the dream I give a little background information, not entirely sure if it'll be relevant, but at least it'll let you understand the characters in the dream a bit better.

First off, I love cats, I've always have, and I've always either had one myself or we had one as a family. When I mom got married for the second time, we ended up having a total of 3 cats, 1 of which we still have. The first one of the two that we no longer have was my cat. He was a grey cat named Smokey and he passed away while we still lived there. The second one my mom ended up taking with her along with her own cat, when she got divorced for a second time. She later moved in with her new boyfriend and the two cats went with her. Her cat is a Siamese name Lexis and the other cat was a white cat named Olli. My mom also the cat I currently had gotten which is a turtle dove calico named Gracie. At first, with our cats and the cats her boyfriend there was a total of five cats. Her boyfriend ended up convincing her that five cats was too much. They then put an add in the paper and gave away one of his cats and the one of ours named Olli. I apologize since I seem to be having issues with typing out what kind of she was since it has similarities with the dream I just had.

Basically my first dream started off with my mom's boyfriend digging to build a basement for his house. I was trying to show my mom something and then I heard a cat meowing. ( Side note: I often will here a cat meowing randomly when there's no cats around ) Anyway, I went toward the meowing and it brought me to our cat Olli who was hurt and bleeding a lot. The dream was very graphic at this point, but basically the cat was hurt and wanted me to help it and no matter what I did I couldn't help it.

About 6 months before I this first dream I had a very bad spirit in my room at my mom's boyfriend's house which we took care of at the time. After having the first dream my girlfriend figured that maybe the bad spirit from before came back and attached it self to one of the bracelets I wear. We took care of that and everything seemed to be okay, until now.

The dream I just had is similar to the first one, though I wont be able to give details right now since I'm blocking most of it out due to the dream taking place in the room I'm currently in. In the dream I just had it still had the same type of cat, though not exactly the same cat. The one in this dream was younger and smaller, it was called a stray or wild cat in the dream. The cat in this dream was also hurt badly, though I was able to pick it up once, after that when myself or anyone else tried to pick it up it would freak out. Also, the one in this dream had claws unlike the one in the first dream. The cat in the second dream liked me, but still was badly injured and scared me by the way it looked.

This may not be important but think back I realized that every actual house that I lived in or still live in has or had some type of spirit. If was just me that noticed it I would probably not pay attention to it, but since every 2-3 other people noticed whatever it was too I know it wasn't just me.

These dreams might not even have anything to do with a spirit and then again they might. The dreams could also just be something to do with me psychologically. Any type of advice is welcomed. I also apologize for a wall of text and any bad grammar or spelling.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:19 pm
I think I may of be of some help to you. Before I get started though, I want to let you know where I'm getting my references. All I am giving you will be coming from Zolar's Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Dreams, 2004 edition. I picked it up for a dollar at Borders in their clearance book section. I do have to admit that it's been one of the best dollars I've ever spent, mostly because it gives some really good insight.

Here's what Zolar says about your dreams, one by one. Also, I'll list references from the book itself to help show you where these interpretations are coming from.

Dream 1: Spirit in the Bracelet

Bad Spirit, Frightening - Something is no longer attainable, keep affairs closely supervised
Bracelet, wearing - Be wary of jealousy
Bracelet, beautifully adorned - Wealth is your silver lining
Bracelet, gold - Luck in unexpected financial affairs
Bracelet, beautiful - You spend more than you earn

Since I do not know much about the bracelet itself, I listed all the references I have on bracelets in dreams. As for the spirit in the dream, you might have been aiming for something you could not attain. By having it be attached to the bracelet, whatever the bracelet is might have been what you were aiming for.

On a side note, have you had to move around a lot? If you are dreaming of spirits in your room, you may have lingering doubts that come to your mind in the form of a spirit. I have no study of spirits but I know the imagination can be a potent thing, especially when you are depressed and letting your mind wonder.

Dream 2: Injured Cat that You Can Pick Up

Cat, Wild - Ward of complication
Cat, White - Hide your affection, it will lead to sorrow
Cat, Claws - Will be victimized beyond your conspicuous indiscretion
Cat, Hurt/Beaten - Treachery of one who accuses others of his/her own unpleasant thoughts
Carrying - Overzealous in carrying a relationship

Depending on when this happened might explain where your feelings were at the time with your mother's boyfriend. Based on what you have said about your mother, she has been multiple relationships. I'm sure that hasn't always been good on you, or your relationship with her. Based on what I see, you may have been wanting to hold onto your relationship with your mother and not share her. In this, I must ask how your relationship with your mother's boyfriend is like. Also, what has your relationship been like with previous men your mother has been in love with? I may be wrong, but that's why I lift the references from the book for you. After all, you know yourself better than anyone else does.

Dream 3: Boyfriend Digging, and Finding a Bleeding Olli:

Others Digging - Advancement in own position if you apply yourself diligently
Familiar Cat - In need of psychic self-defense
Cat Hurt/Beaten - Treachery of one who accuses others of his/her own unpleasant thoughts
Blood from a Wound - Cleanse yourself of old diseased hatred
Requiring Help - Attempt to understand the hearts of your acquaintances

Based on what you say, this has been your latest dream. Since your mother's boyfriend is shown digging, it seems that he's trying diligently to become a part of your life as well as your mother's life. Meanwhile, you seem like you are putting up your own defense based on experience. The bleeding wound is showing that you need to cleanse your heart. Who knows, this might be a good guy, and something might be coming between you. Try to be understanding, especially if he's making an effort. I may be wrong, but that's why I lift the references from the book for you. After all, you know yourself better than anyone else does.

I hope this helped you. If not, please feel free to look around for other sources for help in your dreams. Dreams are a great way for your mind to compress and figure out what you deal with during the day, even if it is very obscure.

Hope that helped!
IEditYourWorld  

IEditYourWorld

the dead poet

5,100 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:49 am
I apologize for not replying sooner, I've been sick for the past week, though I'm doing better now.

What you gave me, did help a lot. It gave me a lot of insight on things.

I do move around a lot. My mom lives two hours away from where I go to school. Every break I get I end up moving back to my mom's and then moving back to my grandma's, which is where I live during school.

I do know my mind tends to wonder a lot, especially when I'm in a dark room. When I'm in a dark room or space, my mind tends to tell me something's there that's not really there. Most of the time its a big, wild black dog, a white poodle, a wild cat, a giant spider.. basically stuff I'm afraid of. I know I like skulls and tend to collect things that have skulls on them, but at night I have to hide all of them since if I wake and see them my mind will tell me it's the face of a white poodle or some type of dog waiting to attack me.

Well, I stop rambling now, you're advice did help a lot. Thanks.  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games