Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gundams and Randomness!

Back to Guilds

A guild for anyone that loves mech, anime, or roleplaying, or even just being random! 

Tags: Anime, Mecha, Gundam, Roleplay, Close-knit 

Reply UNUSED
Mars: The colony that never was. [Prequel]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Scofeild Jenkins

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:25 pm
A very long time ago,around the time the planet Earth began to branch out across the Galaxy,a group of religous leaders began to take a special look at one planet none have yet claimed: Mars. It's climate is harsh,during the summer it would reach a cool 68*F at it's equator but during the winter,especially at night,temperatures can reach -238*F even at it's equator. The project was dubbed OPERATION: MARS and was meant to be a new world for this religon to operate without the restrictions of the rest of the galaxy. They had terraformed Mars only to were temperatures would be Earth like. If the rest of the galaxy was to take notice of this new world close to the homeworld was completly been terraformed they may settle there and overthrow the religous regime that is ruling there.

Despite the small amount of terraforming,they had made living on Mars habitable and had sent thousands of settlers there. For the first few decades all was well,that is,until one child was born different: Mutated into a strange creature. What the religous leaders didn't take into account was the small amount of radiation that was entering the atmosphere of the red world was causing birth mutations and genetic disorders. Not wanting anyone to find out,they had cut off all ties to the planet and halted all supplies to and fro. This has caused a most terrible impact on the millions who now live under the planet as it slowly begins to return into a dead world.

The radiation has caused two main mutations in the people there: They may be born looking like a normal person but may have a cyclopean eye with three distinct lenses and have one or more tentacles around his/her/it's body. That is but the first and less serious,with the second making them nothing more then looking like itelligent but monsteroius looking octopuses. Dispite this,they still share the same genetic code as humans,but inlight of their new appearances after centuries of mutations they have renamed themselfs: Martians,after their dying world.

Knowing that Humanity will never take them back,and knowing that Mars is dying,they are slowly accumalating a plan to retake their former homeworld and destroy who the decendants of those who never helped them in their time of need. They may be the dead colony of a religous sect,but that doesn't mean they must conform: All religon has been wiped from the planet. To them,the only god is science and technology. This has made them surprisingly advance for their time,but that is not all that is surprising.

When they began to move below the planet's surface,as the actual surface had been deemed uninhabitable,they have discovered a large cache of minerals and metalic alloys that surpass what current humanity has created. Their toughest metal,instead of Gundamanium,is Ferro-Fibrous: A sleek,silvery like metal. They have also found a large amount of heavy elements and for some reason copper,and lots of it.

Now that they have the means for warfare,they are slowly but surely joining their plans together as they watch humanity from afar,waiting for their oppertunity to strike.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:12 am
((Okay Jenkins we need to talk about this martian stuff. I know you think it's a cool idea but it's already been accounted for. Just read the last post on page 25 and Chris' bio and then reply to this. I shall explain further on what you read))  

Strider Wolfheart
Vice Captain

Beloved Seeker

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

Silas Parrish
Vice Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:35 am
Link related. Here's how we already wrote about Mars in the last ACAM roleplay. Specifically, read the two giant posts by me and by Strider.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:52 am
(So what,this is just a branch of another guild? Dear jesus this is more confusing then Algebra. Eitherway,my original idea was based off something i read a while ago. Its like this: Religous group wants to break away from the rest of the world and go live on mars. Once there they start to mutate into two distinct species,but still have the same DNA,just a little mixed up. The leaders,who didn't go the red world,thought this would embariss them and cut off all ties to the planet,making them slowly die. The inhabitants moved underground,as on the surface one would surely die. Once there,they find an ancient and yet advance species of martians who have long died out and find that they had stored a large cache of minerals and materials needed to invade earth,for at the time no man lived on it,and populate that,but their plan never came to fruision.

Now that they have the matierials,they have modified their standard "Gundams" as war machines and have created a hydrogen accelorator on the surface needed to propell each pod into outspace and into earth's atmosphere. Once there,they would destroy and feed on the inhabitants with their surperior technology.

Yeah...not a good story ain't it? But still,i had no idea that THAT is what happened to mars. If i did i would have completely redone the whole mess i have made.)  

Scofeild Jenkins

Strider Wolfheart
Vice Captain

Beloved Seeker

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:07 pm
((This is why you read the original stories before you join an rp, especially one where there are already people from the stories before in it. I mean martians can be a good idea but Chris was a part of a secret war with colonists that settled on mars before the first ACAM was even made. You could say that they are expeiriments made by the church. You know, settlers put on mars by the Church who became mutants. It would mke more sense and it would tie in the symbol on the cylinder.))  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:49 pm
((Well, no, it's not a branch from another Guild, exactly. Originally, all our roleplaying was done in the Best Hangout Guild. But when Frog Apocalypse and I got enough gold together, we both started our own guilds, just for fun. And we just moved the roleplays we were involved in to either his new one or mine. I had a series going about the impending zombie apocalypse, and he had ACAM. Anyhoo...your idea's not a bad one...it might actually make a great stand-alone RP. It just doesn't make much sense in the context of After Colony: AfterMath. ))  

Silas Parrish
Vice Captain

Dapper Genius

Scofeild Jenkins

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:08 pm
(( I see your point. So,until i can find away to reedit this when i have enough time why dont we just ignore this and get on with me destroying the crap out of Dallas?))  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:19 pm
((Go for it. I'm just an observer. I'm still interested in seeing what kinda turns ACAM takes, but i've run out of inspiration to write in it. Maybe I'll be back before it's over. By the way, you're more than welcome to join my guild, if you like. We have a section specifically for God-Moding. There's also a section for RP's with a bit more rules, much like this one. We actually very rarely use the God-Moding one.))  

Silas Parrish
Vice Captain

Dapper Genius

Scofeild Jenkins

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:25 pm
((I see,hey go look were my post was in i think the ACAM thread and see if it is A:To long B: The picture looks strange or C: Its just GModding.Could use some criticing.))  
UNUSED

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games