[JRP] Catching Butterflies is an Art. [Chizoba and Liraz]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:51 pm
User Image It was early in the morning before the oppressive heat had completely settled in for good when Chizoba chose to catch butterflies. It was a completely important skill to have. One never knows when it will be important to be able to stalk down and catch one of the beautiful insects. And hey, this way he was out from under his mother's and siblings' paws.

Carefully he peered around a big rock and slunk through the tall grass. There was one perched on a long blade of grass, slowly fanning it's wings as if it had all the time in the world. Well, Chizoba was going to change that. Those pretty wings would look great in his mother's fur. Maybe it would get her to smile. If nothing else, it would prove that he could catch one.

Closer... Closer... Settle into the pounce position... 3...2...1...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:22 am
User Image"...And that's how I single-handedly brought down a herd of elephants." Pleased with himself for sharing such a wondrous story, Makini clacked his beak together and watched Liraz with those blue eyes of his. He was expecting her to fawn over him or at least give him a pleased look, but she was busy looking elsewhere. Following the direction of her gaze, Makini spotted a little cub trying to catch a butterfly. He waddled closer to Liraz. Makini never flew around Liraz unless she asked him to. No, he would walk, and he looked ridiculous doing so, but it made him feel better around Liraz.

"He's doing it all wrong," Makini scoffed, shaking his head.

"Shush, Makini. I think it's cute." Liraz was smiling softly as she watched the cub slowly creep towards the butterfly with such pretty wings. She doubted that he would catch it, at least she hoped he wouldn't. Butterflies rarely came to the lands, and when they did Liraz thought that they were a sign that good news was coming. It made her feel a little better, at least for a moment.

She chuckled, the sound ending in a harsh, ragged cough. Liraz had been feeling awful lately, and today was one of the rare days that she felt like leaving the den. The cough turned into a wet wheezing sound, Liraz's small bony body shuddering with the force of the cough.  

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:50 pm
Just as Chizoba's paws were about to land on the butterfly a lion's cough started the insect off the long blade of grass.

"Shucks." He said, sitting down and watching the butterfly pass out of range. He pouted after the colorful wings that would have looked so good in his mother's head tuft. Maybe there was something else that would make her smile.

He looked around and spotted the perfect thing a lovely brown feather with dark brown banding. It'd look great too. The trouble was it was still attached to the bird. A bird that was sitting next to a female cub. Probably a familiar. Double shucks!

Well maybe if he went over and made friends the bird would give him a shed one or something. He picked himself up and gamboled over, nearly tripping over his paws.

"Hi! I'm Chizoba! What'chya doing?"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:52 am
As the cub approached, Liraz calmed her cough to a wheezing rattle deep in her chest. She couldn't help but beam at the bright-eyed youngster. "I was just watching you, little cub! My name is Liraz, and my friend here," she gestured at Makini, "is Makini. It's nice to meet you, Chizoba!" Oh, she wasn't too far gone from the days of cubhood herself, and while she'd never been able to hunt butterflies or birds or anything similar, watching another have such fun in doing so made Liraz smile, smile, smile.

"You were pretty close to catching that butterfly," she dipped her head slightly. "I'm sorry my cough scared it away, but really, we're probably better off letting that pretty thing live another day." She nodded sagely though she still smiled. "I think butterflies are good luck."

Makini wasn't sure what to make of the cub, so he merely sat near Liraz, ruffling his feathers indignantly. Cubs were too grabby for his tastes, but he wasn't about to leave Liraz alone with the cub. No sirree. He'd sit right here, thank you very much, and monitor the goings on. If the cub decided to wrestle with Liraz, someone would have to go for help. Could never be too careful, that was for certain.  

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:05 pm
"Really? Butterflies are lucky? I guess it's a good thing then, maybe 'cause it got away I'll find somethin' else for Mom to where in her head tufty." He plopped his heinie down into the dust and sat there pondering.

"Anyway, s'nice to meet'cha Liraz and Makini. An' it's ok that your cough scared away the butterfly. What do you think would look pretty in Mom's head tufty?" His cubbish mind didn't quite put together that Liraz and Makini might not know his mother personally.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:21 pm
Well, he was certainly the most adorable thing that Liraz had ever come across. She was thrilled that he was so chatty and happy - she really was. Liraz was always the optimistic, always the positive one, and sometimes she felt so exhausted and sick that it was hard to keep upbeat.

She chuckled softly and tilted her head to the side. "Hmm, I dunno, Chizoba. What color is her hair?" Head tufty. That was so adorable. Liraz loved it. "After you tell me what color it is, maybe we can find something that fits?"

Makini, bored with the conversation, idly started preening. If Liraz wasn't here he'd have taken to the sky and soared about, but since she was here, and he watched after her diligently, well... he would remain on the ground.  

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:04 pm
"Her head tufty's black. Along with the rest of her, but she's got really pretty yellow orange eyes." Chizoba's eyes strayed over to ogle Makini's feathers. "An' you can see her teeth. Which's nifty! What do you think would look good? You're a girl like Mommy, so you should know." Chizoba couldn't seem to handle all of his energy and started pouncing on the tall grass.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:19 pm
Liraz tilted her head to the side. See her teeth? That was odd, maybe she'd been wounded somehow? Liraz chuckled at his rather straightforward comment, dipping her head. "Hmm, I think something bright. Maybe... a feather." She darted a look towards Makini who was carefully preening, oblivious to the conversation going on near by. "Now, I collect feathers," she added, "but I think one feather that is brown and white would looks really very nice."

Now usually Makini took great pride in collecting all of his discarded feathers and presenting them to Liraz. It made her smile and that made the bird happy. However, when the conversation lulled and he looked up into those green eyes of his bonded, he frowned slightly.

"I haven't shed any feathers today," he grunted, clacking his beak. "I can't imagine you'd want me to just... pull one out." That would be painful.

Liraz shook her head and turned to gaze at Chizoba. "How about this. Next time I see you, I'll have a small bunch of feathers for you to pick from?"  

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:28 pm
Chizoba's eyes widened and he pranced in place a bit. "Really? That'd be great! Mom'd look really great in feathers! I bet it'd make her smile too!"

He took it upon himself to rub up against her, purring his pleasure. Really, he had no concept of personal space, but he was an affectionate little cub and touching was one of the best ways to show it. "Liraz you are totally my best friend." Not to mention, his only friend. Pfft, details.

He considered cuddling Makini as well, but one look at him and he knew it wouldn't be welcomed, which was a shame.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:44 pm
Liraz couldn't help the pink tinge that darkened her nose just the slightest and she gave a small, bell-like laugh as she shook her head. It wasn't long ago that she was a cub and remembered the simplicity that was her life. Perhaps her own life was more simple than that of other cubs her age. Her sickness made it hard to be active but she'd come to terms with that, and the vivacity of the cub before her warmed her heart.

She lifted a paw to his pretty head-tuft and gave it a small ruffle, still grinning. "You're my best friend too," she said. Sure, they'd only just met but there was something about him, something so carefree and innocent -- it warmed her heart and made her feel so much better about the hand she'd been dealt in this life.

"I've got to head home, Chizoba, or my own mother will worry." Not to mention that Makini would start yapping her ear off about how she shouldn't make her mama worry and this that and the other. "Promise me I'll see you soon?"  

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:52 pm
Chizoba grinned happily as his "head tufty" was ruffled. "Of course I'll see you soon! If you're not around then I'll hunt you down!" He practically wiggled with glee at being pronounced her best friend and then froze with widening eyes. "Oh no! I hope my Mom's not worried! I snuck outta the den!"

He started bounding back towards his home, "Bye Liraz and Makini! I'll see you soon! I gotta get home to-oof!"-he tumbled head over paws over a pebble-"I'm ok! Bye!"

He was clumsy, but at least he was cute.

[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games