Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]
[PRP] A Little Love Eases The Pain (Eppie x Jozo)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:56 pm
User Image Eppie had been sitting there on the trail waiting for some time. She wanted to catch Jozo on his way back into the pride's inner sanctum and spend a little quality time with him. Lately she had been very busy with the influx of cubs, and her own growing into their own bodies. Considering the events that had transpired over the last week or so with his children. Especially Furaha, she figured he'd enjoy the attention of another adult as well as her limitless affections.

Eppie almost felt her heart skip a bit when she caught sight of his light mane coming around the corner. It was a feeling she hadn't gotten since she first told Jozo that she loved him. It was simply a testament to how little time they had gotten to spend together in the passing months. Eppie indulged her own feelings and let her front paws stamp against the ground excitedly and made sure to plaster the biggest smile she had in her on her face. It was a surprise for him after all, she needed to look the part.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:13 pm
User ImageJozo was tired. His mind was full of problems, most of them having to do with his family. He supposed he should be glad that the first sibling that Furaha met was Liraz, but the initial meeting hadn't gone at all like he'd planned. She still wasn't talking to him, wasn't looking at him, nothing. He might as well just be dead for all she cared. Jozo felt a small pang of self-pity just for a moment, one small millisecond of time. Sometimes it was acceptable to feel sorry for yourself, wasn't it?

Rounding the bend in the little path that would eventually lead him to the den he shared with Gerda, Jozo immediately caught sight of Eppie. The weariness that had caused his features to sag disappeared and he picked up the pace to greet her. It'd been far too long since he'd been able to share a moment with her and only her. He would never complain about having to share her with cubs.

"Eppie," he rushed as soon as he was within distance. Maybe she could offer him some insight on Furaha. "I've missed you."  

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:46 pm
"I've missed you too," Eppie replied, greeting Jozo with a brief rub and many more licks to the face than he got on a daily basis. She was more than happy to be alone with him once again. Since the birth of both his litters he's been torn. Spending time with one set of kids, spending time with the other, fulfilling his duties to the pride, trying to keep Gerda from acting like the crazy she was. Sometimes Eppie wondered how he possibly kept himself together.

"I figured you'd like some company," She smiled, taking up pace next to him quietly and waiting for him to decide what he'd like to do. She was sure that in the last weeks he hadn't been asked very much what he wanted, and it was understandable considering he was a proud Papa, but she knew that he needed a break just like she needed a break. She was hoping they would spend their break together.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:21 am
Jozo chuckle-purred, dipping his head in a nod. He loved her attentions and stood still as she groomed his face and hair. He'd been running himself ragged, introducing a few new members to the pride here and there. It was hard but Jozo loved his pride and would do anything to see them prosper as best they could.

"I would enjoy your company. It is hard to find time," he gestured with a paw for a moment, exhaling deeply. "How are my children?" He didn't get to spend much time with Eppie and his cubs. That caused an ache in his chest, but he tamped it down. Now was not the time for feeling pitiful and pathetic about the things he missed out on.

"You've met Furaha?" He wasn't sure how to pose the question, and figured straightforwardness would be best. "Liraz ... " he trailed off, not wanting to think about how much Furaha despised him.  

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:32 pm
"Your children run circles around me," Eppie said with a smile as she continued to groom him, hoping he would relax if only a little, "But it's no matter. It seems the gods have granted me help for three of the four. Liraz has a birdie friend who watches over her, Veena has a friend as well who helps her tattle on everyone, and Josepi rescued a rabbit from being eaten and it is... well. He can be helpful, sometimes."

Truth be told, Eppie was indebted to the little friends they had made that tagged along with them. More times than not they took care of her little ones. Even the hare had his moments where he'd keep Josepi out of trouble. Eudeyrn was the only one who had no companion with him, though with his frequent visits to the shrine and the whispers that he had a friend as dedicated as he was to the gods, there probably wasn't a need for a little companion like his siblings had.

"They try to keep themselves busy," Eppie said smiling, though it faltered slightly when Jozo brought up Furaha. It wasn't because she was upset he changed the subject to Gerda's child, but because she had met the little girl and talked with her. Eppie didn't want to betray the girls confidence, it had been betrayed enough after all. "I've met Furaha. She was very upset..."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:45 am
Jozo dipped his head, sighing softly. "Yes. She.. happened upon Liraz and I when I was spending time with my daughter. It did not end well." He shrugged, lifting his eyes to hers once more. "I feel like a failure of a father, in all honesty. I need to spread myself out amongst the cubs, but ... it is hard for me." Jozo wasn't sure what else to say about Furaha. He loved his daughter, but she was a stubborn little female, one who didn't want to acknowledge his existence as her father.

"I do not want you to talk to me about what she's said. She has few that she can trust as it is, and it is important to me that she have at least someone she can confide in. I am glad that the others seem to be happier, at least, and it is good that they are making friends. It is important to me that they are happy, Eppie." His eyes pleaded with her, begging for her to understand how much he loved his cubs. He felt like a failure of a father, a failure at everything he attempted. Every time he tried to make someone happy he ended up hurting someone else.  

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:58 am
"Jozo..." Eppie began, sighing as he proceeded to beat himself up once again, "I think this dividing yourself between your children needs to stop..."

Eppie had been thinking about this for some time, and now that Furaha knew of her siblings existence, there was no need to hide it anymore. She was sure many in the pride suspected for some time, despite their attempts to hide everything. He didn't need to divide himself now, at least that was how she saw it.

"I think they should all meet... If they all meet, and get to know each other as their siblings than maybe... maybe you can spend time with all of them. Together," She suggested. Ultimately Jozo would do what Jozo thought he should do, but this dividing his attention wouldn't work out in the end.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:05 am
Jozo knew his beloved spoke the truth. He knew that Eppie was right, and he knew it was the proper thing to do. There was no sense in hiding his family from each other, and his cubs should have the opportunity to meet one another and play with one another, and then he wouldn't have to spread himself so thin.

"You're right Eppie. I know you are right but.. it's hard. I do not want any of my children to feel betrayed." His dark eyes met her light ones, and he shook his head. "I will have to think on this and speak with Gerda. I cannot make that decision on my own, and I know you think it is a good idea but... Gerda deserves a say on this as well. She... she is not a terrible lioness, Eppie... she is a good mother, just as you are." He wasn't sure how she would react to his kind words about Gerda, but... it needed to be said and now he'd said it.  

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:41 am
"Jozo... we already betrayed them by not telling them about each other," Eppie said quietly, putting emphasis on the 'we' in her sentence. They had all betrayed their children, at least in her mind anyway... The only right thing to do was to bring them together. Let them know about one another. Show them that despite having two different mothers they were loved equally by their father.

Eppie nodded her head to Jozo as he spoke about Gerda. Sure, it was her decisions, but Eppie's skepticism was present. Would Gerda act selfishly and hold her children back from knowing their siblings, or would she act selflessly and allow them this. Family was so important in the K'A because of their short life-spans. There should be no place for pettiness and jealousy.

"Besides, I don't think Josepi, Liraz, Eu or Veena are capable of feeling betrayed. They're too confident to feel otherwise," She said with a smile.

[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games