Submit

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:21 pm
I find myself in more trouble than I originally thought....

selling the AK now....man this is some ******** up s**t.
at this rate I may have to give up the new glock as well.

downfall of recon....  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:33 pm
What is exactly the pinch in your finances to the point where you're pawning off your guns?  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:53 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
What is exactly the pinch in your finances to the point where you're pawning off your guns?
meh,folks want me paying "rent" now. I already tried that with some other people at an apt. and all of us together couldnt even afford that.
the only thing it can really do at this point is kill my self esteem and only further damage my situation.

after I got out of the .mil i've been trying to get hired by someone for 7 months, between those months I was lucky enough to be hired for 2 months only because the business needed to fill a temporary gap and then let me go.
since then i've been pretty desperate to find somewhere else for work. having to give up my guns for the most part, and maybe even my jeep too.

basically i'm ******** with nowhere to go and can do nothing about it unless a miracle happens. and i'm not ready to re up either.

been trying to escape this situation for the better part of a year now and I guess it was only inevitable

meh, i'll quit bitching about it now.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:56 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
meh,folks want me paying "rent" now. I already tried that with some other people at an apt. and all of us together couldnt even afford that.
the only thing it can really do at this point is kill my self esteem and only further damage my situation.

after I got out of the .mil i've been trying to get hired by someone for 7 months, between those months I was lucky enough to be hired for 2 months only because the business needed to fill a temporary gap and then let me go.
since then i've been pretty desperate to find somewhere else for work.

basically i'm ******** with nowhere to go and can do nothing about it unless a miracle happens. and i'm not ready to re up either.

been trying to escape this situation for the better part of a year now and I guess it was only inevitable

Nice life for someone who just got out of the mil. I haven't been able to get a job yet. I had high hopes that some vague connections would get me a factory job. Shitty luck though.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:02 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter

Nice life for someone who just got out of the mil. I haven't been able to get a job yet. I had high hopes that some vague connections would get me a factory job. Shitty luck though.
I had quite a bit of money when I got out. i've never really been very good at holding onto it either,though it did last me a good while.

just wish things would have played out differently.

I may be forced back into service sooner than i'd be ready to,but i'm just not seeing any other options here... all I would really have to do is go to another AIT for something else. not going into my last MOS thats for sure  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:06 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter

I had quite a bit of money when I got out. i've never really been very good at holding onto it either,though it did last me a good while.

I may be forced back into service sooner than i'd be ready to,but i'm just not seeing any other options here...
I smell conspiracy.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:06 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter

I may be forced back into service sooner than i'd be ready to,but i'm just not seeing any other options here...
I smell conspiracy.
huh?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:18 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter

I smell conspiracy.
huh?
If you have s**t luck with job hunting in this economy pretty much the only alternative is the military.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:33 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter

I smell conspiracy.
huh?
If you have s**t luck with job hunting in this economy pretty much the only alternative is the military.
yep. most money I've ever earned in my life. but at the cost of being away from all close friends and relatives. and pets.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:29 am
Okay, first off: don't sell your guns. If it means you wind up on the street because of it, don't sell your guns. You'll need them to fight off the other hobos.

That's... about half serious. But really, I've read too many times on gun forums, "Was in a bad spot for money, had to sell _____awesome gun. Damn I wish I hadn't done that..." And you know what? They're all saying that from years after, in stable financial situations, on a computer. They got through it, so can you! Never give up, never surrender! There is work to be had and money to be made. Somewhere.  

ArmasTermin

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:28 pm
ArmasTermin
Okay, first off: don't sell your guns. If it means you wind up on the street because of it, don't sell your guns. You'll need them to fight off the other hobos.

That's... about half serious. But really, I've read too many times on gun forums, "Was in a bad spot for money, had to sell _____awesome gun. Damn I wish I hadn't done that..." And you know what? They're all saying that from years after, in stable financial situations, on a computer. They got through it, so can you! Never give up, never surrender! There is work to be had and money to be made. Somewhere.
well, i'm not too upset about it really. the AK is heavily used so i'm having it sold for me, and the AR I can replace easily since there's so many.

NEVER EVER going to sell grandad's old guns, and gonna hold onto the glock unless I absolutely must get rid of it.

but glocks can be replaced easily anyways.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:17 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
ArmasTermin

well, i'm not too upset about it really. the AK is heavily used so i'm having it sold for me, and the AR I can replace easily since there's so many.

NEVER EVER going to sell grandad's old guns, and gonna hold onto the glock unless I absolutely must get rid of it.

Replaced? There may be a million Glocks but only that one is yours!  

ArmasTermin

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:21 pm
ArmasTermin
Recon_Ninja_985
ArmasTermin

it's an article of equipment made to the same standard, and another can be bought should the need arise.

sure theres some rare things out there that alot of us would be lucky to have and consider it unique, but a glock? way too common and affordable enough to replace.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:14 pm
ArmasTermin
Recon_Ninja_985
ArmasTermin

Look at your Glock. Now back at mine. Now back to yours. Now back to mine. Sadly, your Glock is not my Glock, but if you use Old spice body wash, your Glock can be like mine. My Glock is now diamonds.

Also...
This is my Glock. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:24 pm
AHA! I have an interview tomorrow! ******** yeah.

except it's for wally world so im not totally thrilled about it. xp  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff