Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Special Forces? With BOWS?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Private Sanders

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:24 pm
So, I went to the library today. There were some books there, and I checked them out. One had something rather interesting. This book is about several of the more notable of the world's armies. I was flipping through it, and saw a picture of two Spanish special forces soldiers with compound bows. Yes, that's right. Bows and arrows. The caption for this picture states that Spanish special forces forces are trained to use any type of weapon, from the modern to the outright primitive, and that bows can actually be quite effective silent killers for special operations forces.

Is it just me, or is that totally badass? I understand the bow would only be useful for silently eliminating sentries and stuff, but bows are awesome, and any reasonable reason for a modern day military force to issue them fore use in combat is likewise awesome.

Also, I mentioned Jack Churchill first 3nodding .  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:39 pm
inb4 crossbows with exploding bolts  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:40 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hell yeah totally badass

Also, I mentioned Rambo first. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:54 pm
I will double check this, but i remember reading somewhere that french special forces use crossbows.  

war_junky 91

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:36 pm
Didn't the US just create an anti-tank crossbow or some similarly ridiculous s**t?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:29 am
Fresnel
Didn't the US just create an anti-tank crossbow or some similarly ridiculous s**t?
Do want.  

Private Sanders

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:37 am
Private Sanders
Fresnel
Do want.
I just tried to find it, and I think it may have been a hoax. This is the picture I remember, but the guy's apparently Croatian special forces on maneuvers in '95. I swear I remember a story about the US developing a crossbow that could penetrate a brick wall for near-silent anti-sniper ops, though...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:44 am
Fresnel
Private Sanders
Fresnel
Do want.
I just tried to find it, and I think it may have been a hoax. This is the picture I remember, but the guy's apparently Croatian special forces on maneuvers in '95. I swear I remember a story about the US developing a crossbow that could penetrate a brick wall for near-silent anti-sniper ops, though...
It would be so cool if that actually worked.  

Private Sanders

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:54 am
Private Sanders
Fresnel
Private Sanders
Fresnel
Do want.
I can't see why it wouldn't, but it'd need to be massively ******** powerful.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:05 am
Fresnel
Private Sanders
Fresnel
Private Sanders
Fresnel
Do want.
I can't see why it wouldn't, but it'd need to be massively ******** powerful.
USE CHUCK NORRIS'S TENDONS AS BOWSTRINGS.  

Private Sanders

King 0wl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:04 am
standard crossbow with a SLAM-25 earmuff projectile, into the sensor array, drive wheel, or the throat of the turret. anti-tank crossbow.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:48 am
It's worth noting that the crossbow used by The Fear in Metal Gear Solid 3 was allegedly modeled after some sort of collapsible crossbow designed for US Special Forces (or was it British?) that never caught on.  

ArmasTermin

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff