[FIN] While there's life, there's hope (Nawiri'ch & Beo) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 9:44 am
Nawiri couldn't supress a small giggle as her companion spoke such official words. The field of battle . . .ha! What would her sister say if she saw her acting like a cub? Perhaps it wasn't the most queenly thing to be participating in, but even she needed a respite from her title.

Besides, worse case she could call it investigating a game the cubs frequently played! As queen fo the pride, she had to make sure that her members were safe and if this game proved too addicting or dangerous, it would be good for her to know. Yeah. It was all just one big investigation. Or something along those lines.

Nawiri tensed a bit as she considered what to choose. Did she pick rock? Feather? Seed? They all had advantages but all had disadvantages too! What if she lost? Well, she wasn't a mind reader, and it was just a game. One paw shake . . . rock? Two paw shake . . .seed? Three paw shake . . Feather?

When she snapped her paw to the ground, she too had formed rock. "Oh dear. Apparently great minds think alike." She grinned at the hyena, studying their draw. Maybe she just wasn't very good at this game. Well, she'd have to skip rock next time if they played again. Unless . . . unless she was tricky and played it a second time? Perhaps Beo would switch up to seed or feather, which could give her an advantage.

"Again?" She questioned, already rather enjoying the simple little game. "Or does something special happen with a draw?"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:03 pm
Beo laughed and gave his Queen a canine grin, " I would say that was true your Majesty, but I know I am a hyena of very little brain and so I will say it is because of your wisdom you drew on me."

His tail wagged along the grass and he held his paw out again, " Of course! We can't have your first game of Rock-Feather-Seed end up in a draw now can we, but since we tied it is your turn to start of us off. I shall follow my Queen as she calls us out to arms."

It was easy to see why the cubs favored Beo as much as they did, he made a simple game that was easy to play laying down into a grand adventure of battle fields and knights and damsels in distress, letting them live the tale in their heads even if they could play them along the fields.

Lorne_Sionn

Uta generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:31 am
((1 - Rock 2 - Feather 3 - Seed))

Nawiri enjoyed how Beo was treating the silly little game, though part of the lioness couldn't help but feel a little disconcerted. She wasn't used to games, wasn't used to playing such light hearted things during her down-time. While she was still a very young adult, she had grown up during some of the most severe times. The pride hadn't been nearly as relaxed during her younger days, and the games she did remember were . . . less fun and more work and aid.

While Nawiri liked to play, in theory, when it came down to it the young queen just didn't know how. Not like some of the cubs did today, now that there wasn't a war, pride disorder, mass death, and a secondary plague on top of severe infections of the first!

How times had changed. . . .

Despite her awkwardness, the lioness puffed out her chest some and smiled gently at the hyena. "Off to battle are we? Though it is typically the King's job to lead our guards and warriors, I suppose a little deviation from the norm won't hurt. Come now, Beo, let us see what might come of this battle." She used her most prim and proper voice, though her dual toned eyes were bright with humor.

"One." Paw shake. "Two." Paw shake. "Three!" And with that she formed her paw in to a somewhat awkwardly formed seed. Such a motion wasn't easy to master, but she tried, even at the objection of her paw.

Lorne_Sionn generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:30 pm
The Secret Keeper grinned again at the primness in his Queen's voice, enjoying the game, and enjoying seeing her laugh, the burdens of her rule lifted for just a moment. It made his heart happy to see her thus. The Gods only knew she needed more moments like these.

" To battle then it is my Queen, it is an honor to face you on the field of glory."

Bringing his own paw up, he counted off with her..

" One." Paw shake. " Two". Paw shake. " Three." Paw shake."

Beo brought his paw to his heart, miming a mortal blow as he clutched at his chest, " Ah I am vanquished, slayed by the righteous and beautiful Queen of the Kitwana'antara. Oh sweet Secret Keeper, my flights of cranes see thee to thy rest!"

Lorne_Sionn

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:58 pm
Nawiri'chiwa laughed as the hyena chose his move, and found herself champion of that round. Buliwyf certainly was the dramatic sort when he tried to be, no wonder the cubs found him to be a perfect sort of playmate. He was certainly amusing, and while Nawiri'chiwa often didn't find much humor in her day, the time spent playing this game had been fun. Or at least distracting. It was nice to remember how to smile, how to laugh, and to forget about the fate set upon the pride.

Unfortunately, her laughter slipped in to a bought of coughing. The moment, which had been going so well, turned in to yet another reminder of the battle they fought and the very reason Beo was so desperately needed. It took her a few moments to regain her composure, but the episode left her head pounding and her body full of aches.

Hiding a grimace, the dual eyed queen looked up at the hyena and gave a small (if just a touch forced) sort of smile. "Well, my friend, as much as I would love to do battle, I think perhaps this victory need be savored. Perhaps someday we may practice my skills in the game further, but for now I think I shall get a drink and rest." Slowly, and a bit shakily, the lioness rose to her paws.

"Take care, Beo." With a nod at the hyena, she too her leave.

The hyena had proved great company, but even a simple game left her weary. Hopefully this wasn't a sign of tidings to come. No, surely not; just a bad day and nothing more.

((I think we can call this one a wrap?))

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:38 am
(and FIN! This one was why to much fun, we should do another one soon biggrin )  

Lorne_Sionn

[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces