7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:46 pm
well sort of...

guess what this used to be.

User Image
just a little project,it's not completely finished yet.
still gotta work an edge into it and then sandpaper it down until it all looks smooth.

I plan on making some more knives out of sections cut off from a katana  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:53 pm
looks like the bayo off my yugo sks.  

SpeedmanRC

Conservative Hunter

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:02 pm
SpeedmanRC
looks like the bayo off my yugo sks.
yep, was off my old yugo.

the blade's been sitting around for a while so I decided to do something with it.

wrapped it up to start.
then had to cut the back end off. and I had to make it shorter so I cut it down to a bit past where the fuller ended and then grinded a curve into it.

all that's left is finishing the work on the blade, and making a sheath for it.

but then again, this seems to be a nice semi-universal sheath here.
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:39 am
You can't really call turning a knife into a knife making a knife. It was already a knife. Now if you got some blank steel, heated the s**t out of it, beat it, quenched it, and repeated. And then you filed it down and smoothed it and polished it. And then you sharpened it and tied yourself a nice leather-wrapped wood handle... then you can say knife making.

I was going to try making swords. Was really set on it, but I just don't have what I need to build a forge, or the spare funds or space to make one. Plus I'd rather get into reloading anyway.  

ArmasTermin

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:43 pm
ArmasTermin
You can't really call turning a knife into a knife making a knife. It was already a knife. Now if you got some blank steel, heated the s**t out of it, beat it, quenched it, and repeated. And then you filed it down and smoothed it and polished it. And then you sharpened it and tied yourself a nice leather-wrapped wood handle... then you can say knife making.

I was going to try making swords. Was really set on it, but I just don't have what I need to build a forge, or the spare funds or space to make one. Plus I'd rather get into reloading anyway.
well, thats just it, it wasnt a knife to begin with, it was only a dull blade in original form that was part of a rifle. thats how SKS bayonets are.... I turned it into a knife.

other bayonets, like the AK bayonet are already knives.

I admit I didnt exactly "make it". thats why I said "sort of" in my original post.

it went through quite a transformation if take a look at it.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games