Welcome to Gaia! ::

The zCampaign

Back to Guilds

Here to campaign on behalf of zOMG!, Gaia's neglected and dying MMO. 

Tags: zOMG!, Campaign 

Reply The Think Tank
Create a new zOMG? o.o

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stroll Through The Waters

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:29 am
..... I know this may look stupid. I don't know anything about MMO's but I do really like zOMG. What if you shut it down to create a whole new one? With a new story line and a new look? And advertise on it?
There are probably a bunch of reasons why this wouldn't work and that's okay 'cause I'd like to know. :/ I'd like to understand how this MMO thing works and if it costs money to change it instead of improving it.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:35 pm
Archylove91
..... I know this may look stupid. I don't know anything about MMO's but I do really like zOMG. What if you shut it down to create a whole new one? With a new story line and a new look? And advertise on it?
There are probably a bunch of reasons why this wouldn't work and that's okay 'cause I'd like to know. :/ I'd like to understand how this MMO thing works and if it costs money to change it instead of improving it.

It costs a lot of money to make an MMO. It may seem simple, but in zOMG already there's a huge amount of programming, art, etc. all put into the game (plus weeks of hours of work, balancing, etc.). All that would have to be remade, taking years of time and tons of money. Unless a system really sucks (and the underlying technology, balancing, and art of zOMG is pretty solid), making something from scratch is generally hideously expensive even compared to major improvement work.  

Atrash the Squidmonger

Stroll Through The Waters

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:40 pm
Atrash the Squidmonger
Archylove91

It costs a lot of money to make an MMO. It may seem simple, but in zOMG already there's a huge amount of programming, art, etc. all put into the game (plus weeks of hours of work, balancing, etc.). All that would have to be remade, taking years of time and tons of money. Unless a system really sucks (and the underlying technology, balancing, and art of zOMG is pretty solid), making something from scratch is generally hideously expensive even compared to major improvement work.

wow... I didn't think it'd be that hard :/ ... thanks for letting me know.  
The Think Tank

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games