Welcome to Gaia! ::

Drawing a Day Guild! Improve Your Drawing!

Back to Guilds

Reply Drawing a Day Guild
Suggestions/improvements/critiques/comments? ^^"

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

*Poll*
  *Gold*
View Results

Invisible no Yume

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:15 pm
So like the title says... some, any, or all of the above for my drawings? ^^" I've never really had anyone give me some constructive criticism before ("Do some tutorials!!" doesn't really help..), so hopefully, this will help, even if a little bit...

Anyways, links ~!
(1)
(2) I know, this one kinda... had the color sucked out of it. (ΘεΘ; )
(3)
(4)
(5)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:28 pm
Ok as for (1) You have a really nice pose going on---I like the whole alone on the railing thing. It's very sad too---like she is waiting for something of importance.

Pencil-work is definitely an improvement form the latter four.
I would say just work more on the facial features.

As for (2) he has a great fighter pose, but I think it's a ilttle too great for someone with a pencil neck and scrawny arms----just saying. Mucle study must be done as well as facial re-work (eyes too far apart), try to stay away from a pointy chin as much as possible----and try to make the pose by yourself and review it in the mirror (because some of the best reference comes from thyself) just to give yourself an idea of how to draw it----like which muscle will bulge when carrying a sword at that angle or can a human bend their wrist like that? Stuff like that. A very nice piece of work though.

(3) is doing really well for himself for a sketch----I can't wait for you to revisit this wonderful idea. Is it a prequel to (1)?

(4) A background and huge wings---that is quite a feat I wouldn't attempt like ever. xD
This one looks really well done, just do a little more anatomy study and I think using pointy anime noses less and more anatomically correct noses would enhance this piece. Maybe studying how feathers flow across a wingspan wouldn't hurt either. Overall I like this one.

(5) He looks stiff for an artist, but other than that I also enjoy this piece. Just look more into facial repositioning and fix the shoes a bit more (yeah feet are uber hard > _<) and you are golden! ;D

Does it sound like I'm mad? Well I'm not----you have a lot of potential for awesome drawings surprised heart  

zenoxy
Crew

Lunatic

Redilicious

Dapper Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:47 pm
holy crap i cant read a single word on the first post. bright colors, ack!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:36 am
I think you really have an eye for poses. If you want to refine them a bit I'd suggest practicing some figure drawing, maybe flip to a page in a magazine or find a picture online to try and sketch that pose. It's all practice really.

Also, what sort of colored pencils are you using? I think you have a good eye for color, but if you wanted to smooth out some of those color pencil lines you could blender. I say some because I think a lot of the marks are rather pleasing. (example, in #5 I'd smooth and blend out the blue shirt but not the pants) http://www.prismacolor.com/products/colored-pencils/colorless-blender You can get one for like a dollar at an art supply store.

#3 is my fave, I like the cross hatching and color you have going on.  

Kiyo_Michan
Captain

Sexy Cutie-Pie

34,550 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Olympian 200

Invisible no Yume

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:25 pm
Kiyo_Michan
I think you really have an eye for poses. If you want to refine them a bit I'd suggest practicing some figure drawing, maybe flip to a page in a magazine or find a picture online to try and sketch that pose. It's all practice really.

Also, what sort of colored pencils are you using? I think you have a good eye for color, but if you wanted to smooth out some of those color pencil lines you could blender. I say some because I think a lot of the marks are rather pleasing. (example, in #5 I'd smooth and blend out the blue shirt but not the pants) http://www.prismacolor.com/products/colored-pencils/colorless-blender You can get one for like a dollar at an art supply store.

#3 is my fave, I like the cross hatching and color you have going on.

Ah, thank you ^^ for that and the advice. C:
Ahah, I'm still using the colored pencils like the type you get in grade school ^^; so they're not very good, but I do have a few pencils from Fabercastell although not a big variety.
I've been looking for something like that, but I didn't know what it would be called, so thank you again for that link ^^

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:00 pm
zenoxy
Ok as for (1) You have a really nice pose going on---I like the whole alone on the railing thing. It's very sad too---like she is waiting for something of importance.

Pencil-work is definitely an improvement form the latter four.
I would say just work more on the facial features.

As for (2) he has a great fighter pose, but I think it's a ilttle too great for someone with a pencil neck and scrawny arms----just saying. Mucle study must be done as well as facial re-work (eyes too far apart), try to stay away from a pointy chin as much as possible----and try to make the pose by yourself and review it in the mirror (because some of the best reference comes from thyself) just to give yourself an idea of how to draw it----like which muscle will bulge when carrying a sword at that angle or can a human bend their wrist like that? Stuff like that. A very nice piece of work though.

(3) is doing really well for himself for a sketch----I can't wait for you to revisit this wonderful idea. Is it a prequel to (1)?

(4) A background and huge wings---that is quite a feat I wouldn't attempt like ever. xD
This one looks really well done, just do a little more anatomy study and I think using pointy anime noses less and more anatomically correct noses would enhance this piece. Maybe studying how feathers flow across a wingspan wouldn't hurt either. Overall I like this one.

(5) He looks stiff for an artist, but other than that I also enjoy this piece. Just look more into facial repositioning and fix the shoes a bit more (yeah feet are uber hard > _<) and you are golden! ;D

Does it sound like I'm mad? Well I'm not----you have a lot of potential for awesome drawings surprised heart

Ahh, thank you so much for all the advice ~ ^^ I've always felt that there's something off about my drawings but could never really pinpoint it.. ^^;
I'll work on those, practicing poses, muscle study, and feet... ( ´Д`) ahhh, well, I'll try my best ~!
and thanks again C:

Invisible no Yume

Bassken Lake Monster
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:20 am
Looks like you've got some really creative ideas going here!

I love #5! It's got a lot of personality! However, the way the legs are bending at the hips wouldn't work anatomically. :3 one thing that'll really help out would be some reference!

Try looking up images in magazines or even using google (I suggest always keeping the image filter on just in case) to find pics of people sitting cross legged in a chair.

That will help drawing the body in the proper perspective and proportion. 3nodding It really helps out a lot, I look up reference all the time myself.  
Drawing a Day Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games