Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Questions about the Draco and SBR

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wolf Nightshade

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:08 pm
Been thinking about getting a Draco pistol. It's just something different and since I own an AK I have ammo and mags for it. The deal is I would eventually like to make it an SBR. If I did it would be the first time for me to really mess with the ATF crap. My main question is does anyone have a Draco with a stock? If so did you add it or have someone else and is there anyone who sells them with a stock already?

Im debating still I think a Draco would be fun to mess with but I really like the idea of making it an SBR. I could get one probably anytime but if I can buy one thats already been fitted with a folding stock im going to have to wait a bit and look into all the paperwork. When I got my CCW it looks like I did many of the things I will need to do to get the Tax Stamp unless im wrong. Im just not sure if I would have to completely resubmit stuff or if they can use documents I already turned in. Im sure im going to have to get a new passport photo but my fingerprints are already on record.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:15 am
dracos will never come with a stock due to legality reasons, they are imported from parts kits and built on american NDS receivers as pistols.

you can purchase a side folding stock for it to make it close the the original romanian AIMR rifle that the draco is based off of.

oh, and the best and cheapest way to SBR is to set up a trust, i'll see if I can find an example SBR trust form I have somewhere that I plan on copying when I decide to SBR a rifle.  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Wolf Nightshade

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:29 am
Well Im thinking once I get my Tax money I may try and find me a Draco. All I have heard is that it's going to cost me $200 to get the Tax Stamp to SBR plus the expenses of the passport photo and whatever. Im not sure if I will run into issues with the sign off by the local law enforcement. But if it's easier to go another route I may do that I really don't want to try and ask them anyway. A friend of mine dates a guy who has various automatic weapons supposedly I may talk to him if possible but he is rarely around.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:03 am
Here's a couple links from another forum I frequent. Hopefully this helps.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=7074 Trust info

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=4754 NFA FAQ  

Man of the Demoneye

Wolf Nightshade

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:40 pm
Well I have found one online that is already an SBR but they only went as far as adding the folding stock mechanism. They are selling it with the stock unattached and it gives a warning not to add it until you have a Tax Stamp. Unfortunately I have yet to get my money together and they want $900. I don't have a clue yet how much it would cost me to buy the gun through a dealer I know and how much everything is going to be to add the stock and stuff. Anyway I think I will do some shopping around and look into it somewhere else. If I had $1000 to throw around I may have gone for it to save me some headache. But the way it looks all I need is the gun the Tax Stamp and then get a stock drill and tap the Draco and mount it.

Once I get my Tax money I think im going to go have my guy look into what sort of deal he can get me on a Draco. If I get one then I will start looking more into this Trust stuff. Maybe talk to my friends boyfriend and see how he got his stuff.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:20 pm
well here's are 2 links to the cheapest Draco pistols I have ever seen (as well as most of their other guns)

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/akagun-pis-2.aspx

http://www.classicarms.us/
(you gotta scroll down for this one)  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:07 pm
oh, another thing that makes a trust SO much better than going the other way is that with a trust you can add anyone you want to it.

which means it's not a crime for someone on the trust to possess the weapon. which is very convenient.

or you could technically "sell" it to someone listed on the trust when you are done with it, but are still considered the owner.
they could be reimburse you for your investment, then they can have it as long as they are part of the trust.

this also allows you to let it stay with family members and to let them keep it and use it in their possession if you want them to.

the item must stay at the address of the trust and on the form 4 regardless of who "owns" it. If it moves permanently to another address the trust must be amended and you must file a form 5320.20 to change the address of the form 4.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:22 am
I should get my tax money soon and im trying to decide what I want more for my collection of crazy s**t. I thought about the Kel Tec PLR 16 but if I got a Draco I already have mags and ammo for it. I got a list but I can't buy to much crap I need to save. If I do go and start the SBR stuff it will be a bit later on.  

Wolf Nightshade

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:40 am
Wolf Nightshade
I should get my tax money soon and im trying to decide what I want more for my collection of crazy s**t. I thought about the Kel Tec PLR 16 but if I got a Draco I already have mags and ammo for it. I got a list but I can't buy to much crap I need to save. If I do go and start the SBR stuff it will be a bit later on.
you can use a PLR 16 like a rifle if you wanted to. you wont even need a stock for it. same with the draco.

theres a certain shooting method where one can utilize a single point sling and apply forward tension to keep the gun steady. an alternative that works pretty well, all without ever needing a tax stamp.

you might wanna try that out and see how you like it  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:48 pm
Yeah eventually I want to add a folding stock but it's not like I need to do it all at once.  

Wolf Nightshade

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff