Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Bottles, Mojo Hands and Mini-Worlds

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:13 pm
One of the ideas I like about Bottle Spells, Mojo Hands and other kinds of Container Spells- is that they're basically mini-worlds.

In these little worlds, intent and/or will combine with other ingredients to make a little world where the effect takes hold- and then the change is fixed or dispersed depending on the nature of the spell.

What do you think of "mini worlds" and container spells?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:36 am
I make medicine pouches every so often, which are similar to mojo hands. I'm quite fond of the idea.
I'm not so much into using bottles or jars, but I'm not quite sure why that is. It's possible, though, that I'm more comfortable with the pouch simply because the contents are hidden and not displayed.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:47 am
Morgandria
I make medicine pouches every so often, which are similar to mojo hands. I'm quite fond of the idea.
I'm not so much into using bottles or jars, but I'm not quite sure why that is. It's possible, though, that I'm more comfortable with the pouch simply because the contents are hidden and not displayed.

Do you make your pouches too? Or just fill them?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:29 am
Esiris

I make my own, most of the time, so long as my hand isn't acting up - sewing can be really hard when my arthritis or tendonitis flares. I also make pouches in leather, though, which is more gluing than sewing. I do like to embroider the fabric pouches, and I like to add a bead dangle or charms to the leather ones.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:10 pm
Morgandria
Esiris

I make my own, most of the time, so long as my hand isn't acting up - sewing can be really hard when my arthritis or tendonitis flares. I also make pouches in leather, though, which is more gluing than sewing. I do like to embroider the fabric pouches, and I like to add a bead dangle or charms to the leather ones.

I wish I could make my own bottles- when I sew up leather or fabric pouches I like putting that intent and focus into every stitch.

When I've done Painted Bottles- it's the same kind of focus.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:41 pm
I've always wanted to make one, but I've never really been able to narrow all the ideas down into one pouch. What types of bottles have you all made ?  

[ W i c c a - Q u e e n ]

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:05 pm
[ W i c c a - Q u e e n ]
I've always wanted to make one, but I've never really been able to narrow all the ideas down into one pouch. What types of bottles have you all made ?

Most of my stuff has been to help my friend- so I've been focusing on his Met Tet- Freda.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:55 am
I do something similar with pouches, though not often for specific short-term things, but more general blessing and well-being. I have a very old leather pouch (that I bought) from probably close to twenty years ago, and I am very sad that it has become brittle enough that I am afraid it will break if I wear it again.

I think home-made clay jars would make lovely vessels for a container spell.  

kyndryana3

10,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games