The Mists of Avalon

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Green_crayon42

Interesting Gekko

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:22 pm
My stepmom sent it to me and wants to hear my thoughts on it. I read the first chapter twice and didn't get the whole thing the Merlin was talking about. I read to chapter 3...and just quit, cuz if I don't get the whole explanation of whatever-it-is, i don't think i'll get it at all.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:33 pm
I may have possibly read this before. Remind me what it's about?  

Paradoxismminant
Captain

TheNewLibrarian

Witty Informer

9,600 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:58 pm
Can you give like an overview of what you read? I want to decide whether it's worth reading 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:23 pm
From what I understood, it's set in medieval times and is apparently King Arther's mother's story.
It was when the Christian religion was just setting in and becoming big. so these people had to keep their own religion alive. This woman in the Avalon belief is told by her father, the Merlin(don't know if he's magic or what) and her sister, the Goddess of Avalon, to mother a child with a man of the Christian belief. She's astounded, because she's already married. But apparently people won't like or follow a leader of either faith, so they need one who comes from a parentage of both faiths.
I got to chapter 3 where the main woman goes to this banquet thing and is flirting with this man she is told to sleep with.

That's really all I got from it.

The sentences were very long and I just couldn't grasp whatever it is that was explained in the beginning. I think this book is just over my head. It is now mine, so I'll keep trying. But...still don't know.  

Green_crayon42

Interesting Gekko

Paradoxismminant
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:19 pm
Ahh, okay. I've read one of the books of the series before.

It's kind of heavy, but if you're really into that kind of thing it's good.

The main thing is that it kind of drags on, you know? XD  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:12 pm
Seems like it. rolleyes  

Green_crayon42

Interesting Gekko

Paradoxismminant
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:32 pm
lol. They don't really shut up, do they?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:31 pm
I skimmed over it over the course of two quite thorough weeks in middle school. The first section is about King Arthur's mother and how he was conceived in sin, and then it switches to his half-sister, Morgan....and after that, Guinevere, for a time. I didn't get past Guinevere, so I don't know what happens next.
There's a LOT of sex in it.
God bless you, honey. It's soooo dull. I think the most interesting part was Igraine's. And, honestly, the romantic parts. You know. Cause it was middle school. [and i'm graduating high school in two months?? :3 ] The rest of it is like, blah, blah blah, blah blah.....*snore*
Yeah. Don't read it. It's not worth it.
It's highly acclaimed, apparently...and it's very feminist, which, you know, is great...but I'm just not feeling it. Never have. I never plan on picking up that book again.  

Aerin Estrella

Feisty Snowflake

Aerin Estrella

Feisty Snowflake

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:43 pm
If you'd like to learn more of what I remember of it...message me. smile  
Honk if you love reading!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items