a Game that increases visualization skills and

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:24 am
and it improves dream recall rate and vividity. i posted this somewhere on the net

'so yesterday i did some odd imagination excersizes i invented up. then my daydreams were more vivid and at night i had a vivid dream i recalled so i think it could be related. im so happy i dreampt first time in a while it was as vivid as it was then.

Ok so the excersize i did was
first brain storm individual words that vairy alot and try not to have it be about the same things at all. needs variety.

then u brain storm three word groups like neon-flare-shrapnel or orange-biscuit-juice

then u imagine every meaning of it u can

then u take a word or two and swap ti with the first brain stormed words in each group.

then u take the new triple word sets erase one word and add an Imaginary or original word with no meaning.

then imagine the word with no meaning as a character event place object ability or theory. and imagine every possible meaning they can have whenever you do a three word group.

for example u coudl write evdsa-neon-pole then u can imagine it as a type of neon pole, that the neon pole is a theory of the south or north poles on the earth, or its a person from an anime or movie and imagine his or her personality, or its an ability to make neon light form into a materialized pole or something and for the place it could be a club with neon lights and s**t or it could for th eevent be somehtign where the poles on the earth emit a neon once every so many thousand years and you get to see it.(theres alot of variability on these which is a good thing)

doing this (in school instead of notes LOL) increased my daydreamign capacity and vividity then i had a nearly fully recall of a vivid dream afterwards. i think itll improve visualizational skills as well.'

so im inventing a game now that can be played in forums.

The game can be called word scramble or somehting idk.

but we start with a three word group then each person changes one word (cannot reuse words).

Ill start

angel-suede-gorilla  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:27 pm
I got confused somewhere in the middle.  

pompoennetje

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:05 pm
XD

basically its a brain storm combined with daydreaming to improve creativity and visualization, and my imagining difficult to imagine things or out of the ordinary things i was doing it so my brain would get better or soemthing, but then i ended up getting a vivid dream later that day at night. basically say three nouns then try to imagine ti in every way possible if you combine it into one meaning/noun. its good for the brain XD
for example sphaghetti-duck-triangle u can imagine it like the sphaghetti is duck shaped and in a triangle, or u can imagine the duck is sphaghetti shaped and in a triangle or yu can imagine a triangle mosaic of sphaghetti that looks like a duck, etc.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:26 pm
You're doing it again with the capital letters etc...  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:24 pm
meh i dont have to have ocd on every thing i do, i dont care if my grammar is perfect sometimes as long as people understand me.

then again sometimes i have a hard time conveying ideas, but that just happens sometimes.. and yeah sometimes i get lazy if i dont see a significant point in trying to make things more standard of mine.

so like, if you bring up a good point i might take it into consideration, depends if i have to rememeber the point repeatedly or if it easily stays with my actions.

because if i have to pick up a mental note repeatedly its gonna be a little annoying honestly so if u explain how you feel about it i might change for a longer period of time. something like that anyways..  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:56 pm
Have you noticed yet that no one understands a damned thing you're saying? I have no doubt that most of that problem is from your poor grammar and lack of any structure whatsoever. You have a period...occasionally.

Seriously, you keep making threads and posts and I honestly don't think there's been a good answer for you since thread one, because no one knows what the hell you're saying.

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:24 pm
true XD  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:10 am
What you're describing is using brainstorming to stimulate your visual imagination. If that works for you, great, but I'm not sure it would be an effective method for everyone to work. For some people this may be over-stimulating. There's no guarantee that this method of word association would produce any level of dream recall - for some people they may simply have dreams about the jumble of words and ideas they were cramming together, as it comes out as garbage overflow from the subconscious mind.

I don't know if people who aren't used to processing that volume of information at once would really want to increase the information they recieve from the world. I'm not sure what added value it would have for them, if they've already gotten used to the world a different way. I think it might be, at best, a distraction, and at worst, sensory overload. The time you spend training your mind in this way is time where you're essentially blocking out other information - I'm not sure that you'd ever be able to train yourself to a point where it was fluent with all sensory input at all times, and wasn't something that required dedicated 'run-time', as it were.

I guess I'm thinking that it's either something you do only before you directly attempt to dream or visualize, as a warm-up, or that it's sort of impractical on a conscious level.

At least for me, your game would be sort of redundant. I'm already 'cranked up' on that level all the time because I'm a synetheste - my brain processes what would be 'extra' information for other people, all the time. My brain associates texture and colour and patterns and smells and sounds with numbers and words and sentences; a word is never just a word. A word is a cluster of concepts and images and experiences.

For example, the number 6 in my mind is indigo. It is made of velvet, because it is indigo. It makes me think of touching deep purple pansies, the hearts of nightblooming flowers, the heavy scent of dry dust, and wet earth.

Every single time I think of a number, or a word, or I read a particular sentence or phrase, or what have you, all these things I associate together go through my mind. For me, that's perfectly normal.
I grew up with this. It wasn't until I was older that I learned it had a name and not everyone thought like this. I understand the world in a way that would be very cluttered, and hard to grasp for others. It's not streamlined or compact or neat. It's part of why I think it'd be overwhelming for a person to learn to do, and really unpractical - as we get older, our mental patterns become less plastic, and more fixed, and it's hard to change the way we think.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:15 pm
yeah i know cuz old people can be very unreasonable soometimes, it might be a reason why i do wierd mental excersizes occassionally. but about the dreaming thing it just was odd i had a dream that day that i rmemebered so i thought it was a good thing and that ti was from the excersize i made up. but then i tried it and i didnt have a vivid dream, then last night i had one again but i did no excersizes so there may have been other factors as well contributing to it.  
*~Arcade~* (fun & games)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games