Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
What do you name your Sims?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Average or Outrageous?
  Average.
  Outrageous!
View Results

Vilified

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:41 am
I find that when I'm out doing something completely unrelated to Sims, when I hear a nice name, I try to remember it so can name a new sim.

When my sim has a baby, and I'm totally on the spot I can NEVER think of a good name, especially when I don't get the gender I was expecting.

So I thought we could all share the different kinds of names that me have for our sims, whether they be the most basic or the most outrageous. And maybe some we are thinking of using.

I recently named a female sim Vogue, and she's a stylist. She is current attempting to have an affair with Wogan Hemlock.(Fingers crossed)

A week ago I named a guy Julian and his last name was Amante; I made him a successful doctor, and he had 11 children with 9 different women. He only only actually fathered the last three. He got married once and had a son, then he died in a fire (accident, I swear)...then I drowned the wife (not an accident) So the twin teenage daughters had to care for their toddler half-brother. His twin daughters were Isabell and Annabell, not very original but they sounded cool with the father's last name. And his last son's name was Marcus.

I kinda gave you all a back story, but I couldn't resist. Feel free to share the meaning of the names as well.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:04 pm
We've already got a stickied thread for Sim names but maybe this thread would be a better place for the more unusual names that players give to their Sims?  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

elevator

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:50 pm
I usually just use a random name generator with normal names. Once, though, I named a sim Zombie Power. She was awesome!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:16 pm
It really depends. Sometimes I name them really obvious stuff based on their appearance. Like, I had a BEAUTIFUL Latina Sim named Sultry DeSire. She had long, flowing curly hair, sexy clothes and undies, and a gorgeous bedroom. Basically she stole all the men's hearts in town and made lots of enemies with their wives and such.

For another Sim, I gave him the last name Baltimora. I got that from watching that song "Tarzan Boy". I sort of made him look like the guy performing the song in the video. smile

Basically, I just get stuff from my head, from songs, or from a Sim's personality.  

LadyGlamSlam

Inquisitive Romantic

33,025 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150

SilverMaple

Sparkly Lover

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:01 pm
Sometimes I'll give my Sims regular names and the like, but usually I play legacies with themes, so it forces me to come up with more creative names for my Sims. Their spouses are the ones with normal names like Linda and Joe. My Sims will be named things like Hubba Bubba or Chompoo. I have a host of weird names I want to use.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:03 am
I use themes.

My latest family that I haven't played in forever, I gave my sim a mythology name and she married an Apollo, so I gave their kids mythology names too.

I've also used flowers (Rose, Sakura, Lily, etc).

Or I use the same letter for all their names, or give their names something in common.

The kid's names always have something relating to their parent's names, lol.  

Madame Royale

Invisible Regular

External Penetration

Greedy Codger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:18 am
      For the most part I give them fairly normal (not always the most common, but certainly not weird) names, and then here and there I give them uncommon or downright unusual names.

Sometimes I go with a theme, like common origins or giving all the boys the same first initial as their mom and the girls the same first initial as there dad.
      (like how Ron and Hermione did it, lol)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:33 pm
I've been playing sims 2 lately and adopting kids so I don't have to go through the trouble of naming them.

On the sims 3 I use anagram names or themes. Like for example:

Lillian and Josephine:
Helen
Sallie

etc.  

pinapplepielady

2,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Insayhem

Shy Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:41 pm
I haven't played Sims in a loooooong time.

But I remember giving them outlandish names, since I don't like average/common names.

I remember a naming a female Criket, and naming a male King. And another family, I named them after stones, such as Jade, Amethyst, Emerald, etc.

My favorite was Lolli Dubuah. She was really pretty. Raised her up until she left to University then I had my game uninstalled. ):

I should play again...  
The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff