Welcome to Gaia! ::

Drawing a Day Guild! Improve Your Drawing!

Back to Guilds

Reply Kingdom of Chatterboxia!
Has anyone used Corel Painter 11?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever heard of it?
  Yes
  No
View Results

zenoxy
Crew

Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:34 am
or is that 2? (II?)

Anywho, I heard about it on the web and apparently reviews say it crashes a lot and is hard to navigate-----and one said it had inaccurate colors.

The sound of "accurate colors" and brush strokes imitating live media enticed me; however, I don't know if they are just overrating their product----or that the person who wrote that nice thing about this product can only do stick people drawings in MS paint.

Now I know I have like over a dozen art programs----but I like to collect the good ones and experiment on them (and constantly switch over files.)

Also. Come on. Natural brush strokes on a computer? That sounds pretty neat to me. (as a plus to those doing digital works collected reviews from guild members could totally sway your decision in purchasing and or pirating this software )  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:25 am
im sure its two, cause i have the latest version and its painter essentials four.

but yeah, the brush strokes look very natural, and it can vary from arcrylic brushes to pallet knives to even crayons. if you want i can make a sheet with random squiggles on it that show the brush strokes, but i have number 4 so im not sure if it has the same kinds of brushes.

Redilicious

Dapper Sex Symbol

zenoxy
Crew

Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:49 pm
I wonder if there is a difference.

If you could that would be fantastic----does it have sensibility pressure?
or are the brushes "edit-able"?  
Kingdom of Chatterboxia!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff