Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Daffodil Movement

Back to Guilds

Guild for the Daffodil Movement, a cancer awareness movement here on Gaia. 

Tags: cancer, awareness, daffodils, daffodil, movement 

Reply Chat Forum [random chat and blah blah]
I don't know what to do...help? :'[

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

some plants

Sparkly Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:46 pm
So earlier today my mom asked me, "kianna, would u take care of me f I get really sick?" I said "of course, mom" later on, I saw her reading a book/pamphlet titled "BREAST CANCER" I put 2 and 2 together and started worrying so I went to my room and cries for a while and she came in and just told me that she has breast cancer.

I don't know how to deal with this. I can't go very long without thinking of her dying...please help? 14 year old in need of advice :'[
thank you very much && sorry for the sappy little story...  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:56 pm
Praying helps, it adds some hope.  

ILoveTalkingOranges808

6,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Blaizekit
Captain

Shy Borg

16,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:08 pm
I'm sorry you're going through this. sad

The one thing I regret the most from my mother being sick is that I was so shocked and trying so hard to pretend that nothing was wrong that I ended up not showing her I cared as much as I could have. Just think that she is probably afraid, too. The best advice I can give is try to be strong and positive. Show her that there is no doubt in your mind that she has got what it takes to come through ok. (:

If you ever want to talk about it, my PM box is always open. blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:28 pm
Blaizekit
I'm sorry you're going through this. sad

The one thing I regret the most from my mother being sick is that I was so shocked and trying so hard to pretend that nothing was wrong that I ended up not showing her I cared as much as I could have. Just think that she is probably afraid, too. The best advice I can give is try to be strong and positive. Show her that there is no doubt in your mind that she has got what it takes to come through ok. (:

If you ever want to talk about it, my PM box is always open. blaugh

thank you very very much! ^^  

some plants

Sparkly Phantom

Mrs Manatee

Dear Dog

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:52 pm
So hard - I was older than you when my dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer, but it's never easy.

Be strong - so she doesn't feel she has to worry about you. It's easier said than done I know. heart  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:33 pm
I was around the age of 5 when my dad was diagnosed with cancer, so I don't exactly remember how I myself dealt with it. But I do know a way that can help is just remaining positive. Just because she is sick, doesn't mean that all will end badly. Just try to spend some more time with her then usual, and help out a little more around the house and stuff. Relieve her of some of her stress when it comes to raising a family, and always make sure she knows that you love her.
I hope all goes well in both of your futures.  

Dame Shye

Shy Poster

Pix Jen

Texting Emoter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:51 pm
I think the advice of the ones who posted before me covered it but I wanted to post to let you know that I will be keeping you both in my thoughts. I hope things get better and you are also welcome to PM me anytime. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:50 pm
Even though I'm about to break you're holding me tightly in your arms. I'm afraid to go

I agree with Pandas, I have nothing really to add except I hope everything turns out alright n.n

I hear your voice in the dawn when everything will be nothing

Arashi Erina

Ruthless Hunter

17,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Mark Twain 100

mybabypenguin

8,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:04 am
The best thing to do right now is to be strong for your mom. The little things you can do around the house or with her counts a lot. For example, my mom likes to play checkers, so I bought her a little portable game set so we can play in the hospital.

I was 10 when my dad passed away from cancer and now I'm 21 with my mom with advanced cancer and I'm taking care of her. I totally understand your emotions but always remember you have family and friends ALL around you, never feel alone ^_^ You'll get through this.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:05 pm
I hope you can take all of the advice that everyone gave you,I can't think of anything myself ,but I know that I can always keep you and your mom in my prays may God watch over both of you and keep you strong.  

Bunny Motherof2

Timid Gaian

20,265 Points
  • Timid 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100

shoiryuken

7,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:27 am
iiCake-sama
So earlier today my mom asked me, "kianna, would u take care of me f I get really sick?" I said "of course, mom" later on, I saw her reading a book/pamphlet titled "BREAST CANCER" I put 2 and 2 together and started worrying so I went to my room and cries for a while and she came in and just told me that she has breast cancer.

I don't know how to deal with this. I can't go very long without thinking of her dying...please help? 14 year old in need of advice :'[
thank you very much && sorry for the sappy little story...

also, be her friend... dont be afraid to talk to her about it. and if she is ever feeling down, do something to make her laugh... it isnt much but laughing is all it takes sometimes. i recommend a water gun :p  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:01 am
Just be nice. My mother's friend had breast cancer, she recently died (not from breast cancer, however). Be her friend, help her around the house, talk to her. Be strong, try to stop her from getting too stressed. And try not to think about her dying, it's hard, I know. But it'll just get you worried. Just show her how much you care about her, and be nice.  

D e a d A li v e x

5,800 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

coolkirby8

3,350 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:50 am
I have a little story to tell you. All y'all who are on the Orange Team probably read this, but most people don't know this story.

Before I was born, my older sister Adele (who is currently about 20, I believe) was diagnosed with leukemia. She was about 6 at the time, I believe, and my parents were worried worried worried. The doctors did everything they could, and so did my family. Apparently, she got so many Barbies she could have one for every day of the year for atleast a year! Anyway, she needed a bone marrow transplant. The doctors looked for a bone marrow match, and the next sibling after Adele, Ben, was a perfect match. Since I said she was about 20, she obviously survived. And she's doing very well, I might add, only a slight learning disability from the medicine she took.

The moral of the story? Don't loose hope! Your mom will survive if you believe enough, pray for her, and most of all DO NOT GIVE UP AND LOOSE HOPE. And, like she asked, take care of her. It's hard work running a family, ya know! My mom is always exhausted at the end of the day, imagine what it would be like with Cancer wearing you down! It would be haaaaaard.

I hope everything will turn out ok.  
Chat Forum [random chat and blah blah]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff