• Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:16 pm
Valkyrie Hatters Attorney
Recon_Ninja_985
Pripyat Dawn
Meh. Sage looks like something I'd find on a Ruger Mini-14.
They've got one of those, too. Shot an AC556 in one like that, too. Pretty nice, I've gotta say.

Still, I like it skeletal and aluminum.
AC556s have issues with their barrels becoming smoothbore after a few magazines worth of automatic fire. Nice assault rifles to hide under a trench coat while robbing a bank but very poor when compared to other assault rifles.

I'm a fan of solid looking set ups.
barrels are expendable, receivers are forever.... if you're worried about it, just replace the pencil barrel with a heavy barrel. they accept mini 14 parts so they are not hard to come by
I'm not robbing a bank.
(facepalm)

if you have the money to buy an AC-556 in the first place (around $7,000) then your'e already "robbing the bank". 300 dollars for a goddamn decent barrel is nothing.

compare the cost of a transferable m16 at 17,000+ dollars and you'll see that an ac556 is the wiser path. but that's as long as you only plan on shooting 5.56, which I'd have no problem with if it means I can spend the remainder of the money I would have used on an m16 to buy decent parts for the ruger and plenty of ammo  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:32 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Recon_Ninja_985
Pripyat Dawn
They've got one of those, too. Shot an AC556 in one like that, too. Pretty nice, I've gotta say.

AC556s have issues with their barrels becoming smoothbore after a few magazines worth of automatic fire. Nice assault rifles to hide under a trench coat while robbing a bank but very poor when compared to other assault rifles.

barrels are expendable, receivers are forever.... if you're worried about it, just replace the pencil barrel with a heavy barrel. they accept mini 14 parts so they are not hard to come by
I'm not robbing a bank.
(facepalm)

if you have the money to buy an AC-556 in the first place (around $7,000) then your'e already "robbing the bank". 300 dollars for a goddamn decent barrel is nothing.

compare the cost of a transferable m16 at 17,000+ dollars and you'll see that an ac556 is the wiser path. but that's as long as you only plan on shooting 5.56, which I'd have no problem with if it means I can spend the remainder of the money I would have used on an m16 to buy decent parts for the ruger and plenty of ammo
That's "breaking the bank". What he actually meant was that he doesn't plan on robbing a bank with the thing. xd  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Zion International

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:43 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Recon_Ninja_985
Pripyat Dawn

I'm not robbing a bank.
(facepalm)

I don't want the rifle is my point.

If I want to buy a cheapy auto, I'll get something reliable like an S&W M76 or a preban UZI.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:48 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Recon_Ninja_985

I'm not robbing a bank.
(facepalm)

If I want to buy a cheapy auto, I'll get something reliable like an S&W M76 or a preban UZI.
same. an m11 or an UZI will do just fine for me. if it's not for the fun of it, than at least it's for the investment.

while cars depreciate in value, machineguns go up....  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Zion International

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:55 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Recon_Ninja_985
Recon_Ninja_985

I'm not robbing a bank.
(facepalm)

same. an m11 or an UZI will do just fine for me. if it's not for the fun of it, than at least it's for the investment.

I'm really thinking of putting the M76 on my list since it has a service record and is reportedly to be reliable.

I had an interesting thought on how to control a T gun without using the buttstock.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:57 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Recon_Ninja_985
Recon_Ninja_985

I'm not robbing a bank.
(facepalm)

In 1945, the unit price of an M3 was $6. Now, they go for $20,000. You do the math.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:57 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Recon_Ninja_985
I'm not robbing a bank.
(facepalm)

I'm really thinking of putting the M76 on my list since it has a service record and is reportedly to be reliable.

I had an interesting thought on how to control a T gun without using the buttstock.
how?

I have a method of my own when firing AR pistols and other such rifle like "pistols"

perhaps something similar can be done with a pistol with a lanyard  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:08 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Recon_Ninja_985
Recon_Ninja_985
I'm not robbing a bank.
(facepalm)

how?

I have a method of my own when firing AR pistols and other such rifle like "pistols"

Well my hands and wrists are pretty beefy so this might not work for everyone.

You hold the T gun like a pistol and you lay your wrist over your shooting hand to where the rear of the t gun is pressed tightly against the joint of your wrist. This would only apply to MACs, mini Uzis and Micros since the original Uzi is too large for this.

You could just ball your non shooting hand and butt it against the rear of a t gun if you're not a fan of a sore wrist. The problem with this method is you can't see the sights (Not that sights on a pistol sized T gun matter any way).  

Zion International

Dapper Lunatic

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:29 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Recon_Ninja_985

how?

You hold the T gun like a pistol and you lay your wrist over your shooting hand to where the rear of the t gun is pressed tightly against the joint of your wrist. This would only apply to MACs, mini Uzis and Micros since the original Uzi is too large for this.

You could just ball your non shooting hand and butt it against the rear of a t gun if you're not a fan of a sore wrist. The problem with this method is you can't see the sights (Not that sights on a pistol sized T gun matter any way).
that will be painful on the guns it could work on.

any gun with a slide like a G18 is asking for severe slide bite

if you can mount a single point sling to the rear of a MAC then you might just be in business. make that sling tension work for you to make the gun steady. it will allow for a proper shooting stance as well as view of the sights.

a LOT more steady than shooting a pistol regularly... matter a fact, I may just find a way to get this working on a regular pistol....  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:30 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Recon_Ninja_985
Recon_Ninja_985

how?

that will be painful on the guns it could work on.

any gun with a slide like a G18 is asking for severe slide bite

if you can mount a single point sling to the rear of a MAC then you might just be in business. make that sling tension work for you to make the gun steady. it will allow for a proper shooting stance as well as view of the sights.

a LOT more steady than shooting a pistol regularly... matter a fact, I may just find a way to get this working on a regular pistol....
A G18 wouldn't qualify as a T gun. T guns have internal slide mechanisms. Using my method on a Glock 18 is just ******** stupidity.

The fist method I explained is the less painful alternative to using your wrist joint to keep the gun steady during auto fire.  

Zion International

Dapper Lunatic

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas