Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:09 pm
Son Of No Man
Wow, you are all morons. Naval uniforms are designed to change color to orange when a Seaman falls into the water.

The camo design of the uniform is to make it so Seaman blend into the side of the ship so observers have a harder time pinpointing individuals.
User Image

Great jaerb introducing yourself, Homestar.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:26 pm
I've been in this guild for a while. My original username was [Raito], I just haven't posted here in at least 8 months. Probably longer. I went through Marine Corps bootcamp and most of ITB, but got discharged right before finishing cause my knee got messed up.  

Son Of No Man

3,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:43 pm
Son Of No Man
Wow, you are all morons. Naval uniforms are designed to change color to orange when a Seaman falls into the water.

The camo design of the uniform is to make it so Seaman blend into the side of the ship so observers have a harder time pinpointing individuals.
I heard about that. and then dismissed it because sailors have to wash their uniforms too.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:33 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Son Of No Man

I heard about that. and then dismissed it because sailors have to wash their uniforms too.
Also, ships are gray, and silhouettes can't be camouflaged. If you're under the level of the ship (which is a damn good bet), the sailors you can see are silhouetted against the sky. If you're above the ship, you're seeing camouflaged blue blobs against a gray ship deck. If they wanted to break up human shapes against a ship deck, we've already got a camouflage that's good for that: urban.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:21 pm
uryu ishida
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Orkronos
Recon_Ninja_985
I would be scared as ******** to work on a ship while wearing the navy digital waterflage pattern.

if you fell overboard NOBODY is going to notice you
I think that's the point.
well if it is, that's kind of retarded. because it seems now it's going to be a s**t ton harder locating a man overboard who needs help.
The solution is glow-belts.
glowbelts? what kind of ******** navy sorcery is this?
It's pretty well universal throughout the military. All of us have Reflective Safety Belts. We call them PT belts.

Lol. "Let's have them wear camouflage so they're hard to see, but glowing, reflective belts so if they fall overboard we can find them!"

lol  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:27 am
Recon_Ninja_985
Son Of No Man

Well, it's true, so your dismissal is incorrect (I've asked Naval personnel). Seaman don't wash their uniforms in salt water.

And I guess I was wrong. The blue was chosen to represent the Navy's heritage and the rest of the colors weren't chosen to match the ship in order to blend in, they were chosen because if a sailer gets any wet paint on the uniform, it will simply blend in increasing the longevity of the uniform. Also, the camo pattern shows less wear than solid color uniforms. So the whole change to camo is actually about saving the Navy money by making the uniforms last longer.  

Son Of No Man

3,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Whence it Flows

Dangerous Elder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:45 am
Son Of No Man
Recon_Ninja_985
Son Of No Man

Well, it's true, so your dismissal is incorrect (I've asked Naval personnel). Seaman don't wash their uniforms in salt water.

And I guess I was wrong. The blue was chosen to represent the Navy's heritage and the rest of the colors weren't chosen to match the ship in order to blend in, they were chosen because if a sailer gets any wet paint on the uniform, it will simply blend in increasing the longevity of the uniform. Also, the camo pattern shows less wear than solid color uniforms. So the whole change to camo is actually about saving the Navy money by making the uniforms last longer.
This would make sense if the Navy paid for any uniforms after the first one, they didn't dump millions of dollars into the research, and they didn't wear coveralls whenever they're actually working.

In short, it's a way for them to pretend like they're actually the mythical "warfighter".  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff