Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Nchi'mahadhi Lands [IC]
[PRP]There Could Be A Story Here (Tarina & Vevilla)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fenshae

Beloved Codger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:14 pm
User Image Most pride members were well-accustomed to the sight of Tarina doing strange things by now. Indeed, it would probably be more surprising to see her acting normally.

Still, some things are always jarring, and the sight of a full-grown orange-and-black lioness balancing precariously on a low-lying vine was definitely one of them.

She stood stock-still on the vine, which hung from a tree limb overhanging the water like a very small tightrope. It was barely large enough to accommodate her, and both vine and limb were creaking ominously under her weight. It seemed inevitable that at any second the whole thing would go crashing down under her weight and the resulting splash would probably halfway empty the pool.

But if Tarina was aware of this strong possibility, she didn't seem worried about it at all. She merely stood, weaving just a little from side to side to maintain her balance, and stared intently off at the horizon, a decidedly distant look in her orange eyes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:22 pm
User Image

Vevilla was also a slightly strange lioness. She also enjoyed doing different things she didn't care too much about what others said but she was going to do exactly what she wanted to. Like the other lioness it was hard to find some one not doing something strange. However that was something she was doing now. She really wasn't up to much of anything right now it she had just woken up and it was pretty early for her. She liked to spend her time in the morning however she normally wasn't awake this early. Her grandmother had woken her and her aunt up for some drumming and singing and she was okay with that. As of why she woke her up now she wasn't that sure but whatever.

She flicked her hair out of her eyes before she trotted over to the water, she was thirsty and she needed some water before she continued with the day. Even though she had been awake for a little while now she was still sleepy and she had to be ready for singing later her throat had to be in a good amount of time. She stretched her paws out in front of her and then trotted up to the water side smiling as she did.

She didn't really notice the other lioness, not really at all. But she was happy just relaxing for a little while at the water side then she looked up and noticed the female there. "Oh!" She blinked and almost jumped some before she spoke. "Hello!" She half chirped, happy to see the other female, she enjoyed some company in the morning. Even though she was still sleepy she was now awake and happy. Company always made her pretty happy.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

fenshae

Beloved Codger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:56 pm
Tarina's ear flicked, and she glanced sidelong at the other lioness as she approached, a slight smile touching her maw. She didn't move, however, and remained precariously balanced upon her tightrope. "Hello," she said, brow furrowing in concentration, her tongue poking out the corner of her maw.

She moved, carefully, and spread her paws. She was actually standing, come to find out, on two separate vines, and as she spread her paws, she slowly lowered herself into a suspended sort of splits, hanging spread-eagle from the vines. Her limbs trembled a little with the effort of holding herself upright.

"How are you today?" She asked, casually, as though there were nothing at all weird about this.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:04 pm
Vevilla looked at the lioness curiously unlike her mother and aunt she didn't know all of the names and faces of the lions around here. Her mother and aunt knew everyone and then even members no longer part of the pride or cubs that had to leave or wanted to leave at a early age. However Vevilla never payed that close of attention, it wasn't her job but on the other hand this lioness seemed very familiar and she couldn't put her nose on it.

She looked at the lioness before nodding. "I'm doing pretty good, enjoying some sun and the pride." She nodded before flicking her hair out of her eyes and getting a better look at the lioness she never really processed the fact that what the other lioness was doing was strange she was just interested in the lioness though. Vevilla was pretty friendly.

She paused before flopping back on her haunches looking up at the lioness before speaking again. "What about you?" she asked curiously cocking her head tot he side before laughing some. "My name is Vevilla! What's yours?" She motioned a paw toward the lioness the grin still on her face. There was no point in a conversation with some one if you didn't know their name.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

fenshae

Beloved Codger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:12 am
"I'm building a web," she said, in response to the question that hadn't quite been asked. "But I don't think I'm the right sort of spider for the job."

She wobbled a little on her vines. They creaked under her weight, and she attempted to straighten herself back out again, thinking maybe she should rethink her plan before she fell into the pool and broke the 'webs' she already had.

"I thought you were," she responded, when Vevilla introduced herself. She smiled. "It's been a long time, I guess. You don't remember Tarina? Big Sister Spider?"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:21 pm
Vevilla paused as she looked up a the lioness she couldn't help but to grin some, a web sounded really excited. she would like to build a web that sounded cool. She liked the way that webs looked and she thought that it would be exciting to sleep in something like that above the ground and away from everyone else. She wiggled her toes in the ground before smiling at the female and speaking to her. "Really?" She blinked a few times she wasn't even aware that the lioness was a spider to begin with. She thought it was a little silly but at the same time she figured that she could go with it.

She paused as she looked at the lioness before she then wiggled her toes around on the ground again. Before looking at the lioness with a smile on her face thinking about it before speaking to her. "Oh! Yes I do!" she giggled some, even though she didn't know all of the names of the members of the pride or for that matter what they looked like she was pretty good at remembering others that she had met before. That was true. "I thought you looked kind of familiar." She nodded a few times, it was true she did recognize the female and it made her pretty happy."

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

fenshae

Beloved Codger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:29 am
"See? I thought you would. How's..." she tried to remember a name "Your...aunt?"

Realizing she had no real way of getting down, she opted instead to snap at another vine, tugging it down on-level with the others she'd accumulated. Now, all she needed was to tie them together. How to do that...

Brow furrowing in concentration, she started (rather clumsily) to wrap the end of the vine around one that her paw rested on, trying to tie the knot with her teeth. She was really a very bad spider. Maybe she was more of a tarantula, she thought. Maybe she should sit in a hole and wait.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:44 pm
Vevilla paused before grinning at the lioness and then nodding to her and then flicking her hair out of her eyes. "Well! She's doing pretty well, she's yeah she's doing good. She spend time with her aunt often but she coudn't come up with a serious and interesting thing off the top of her mind.

She paused as she looked up at the lioness and then thought about it and then grinned ear to ear she wanted to know what the lioness was doing or for that matter if she could help her out. "Do you need help..." She paused and re thought her question before speaking agian. "Well.. What are you doing to begin with." She chuckled some before nodding to the lioness she was pretty curious. What was she doing? She wasn't really too sure. She sat back on her haunches as she looked at the lioness and smiled.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

fenshae

Beloved Codger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:29 pm
"Glad to hear it," she said, between mouthfuls of vine. She tugged, and wrapped, and tugged some more, tying very messy knots.

"Building a web," she reiterated, once she'd spit the vine out of her mouth. She tested it, leaning slightly forward, and for a moment the whole thing looked like it would hold.

Then it didn't, and she came -- predictably enough -- crashing down with a heavy splash into the pool, thoroughly dousing them both. The torn vines swayed and quivered a bit in her wake.

"....oops,"
she said, as she resurfaced from the pool, gasping a bit. She dog-paddled her way to the bank, heaving herself up, and shook herself. Her fur stood on end and she stared, puffed-up and dripping, at the tree. "No...definitely not that kind of spider," she said, and cast a sidelong grin at Vevilla. "When Spider taught Lion to be the best at everything, it would seem that he forgot something."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:55 am
Vevilla nodded as the lioness said that she was building a web, she was pretty sure that the lioness had said that before but she couldn't have been wrong. "It's looks really cool." She pointed out it was pretty true, she was enjoying the way it was looking. She wished that she could do something like that. She would really love being above the ground like that, really, really enjoy it. She flicked her tail around behind her again.

She jumped back at the sound of the water splashing she couldn't help it, the sound startled her some she couldn't help but to jump. She then calmed down, she was glad to see that the lioness was okay and not hurt in anyway, it looked like she picked a good part to make the nest. "You might not make a tree web but maybe you could be a ground spider." She was a little excited at that before she spoke up and grinned at the lioness. "I've seen some spiders that like to make nests underground and jump out and get their prey. It isn't the same kind... as a tree web spider but it still works."

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

fenshae

Beloved Codger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:19 pm
"I think you're quite right," Tarina said, shaking herself again, lifting each foot to shake it individually. "I'll try that next. Maybe somewhere not as wet. Falling into the water from a tree is a good idea. But having it come through and flood my nest wouldn't be so good." Her brow furrowed for a moment, thoughtfully. A lion in a nest. Who would have ever thought?

Well, she did, obviously -- and more important, so did Vevilla. She really liked this lioness. She diverted her attention back to her.

"So, Vevilla," She said, conversationally, looking around for a nice clean rock to sprawl on so she could dry off a bit before going on her second attempt. "I haven't seen you in ages, it seems. What's been keeping you busy?" She got a sudden, sly, shrewd look. "Is it a boy?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:09 am
Vevilla nodded at the lionesses idea. "I agree if it flooded then it wouldn't be good..." Her voice trailed before she shook her head and then she spoke again. "You know but I guess it was a good place to start it was better you landed in the water then on your rump!" She giggled some and nodded it was pretty true, the fact that the water was probably a lot easier to land on was something good, much better then landing on the hard ground or rocks. Or a cub! Although it might be soft it still wouldn't be good when a mother came to talk to you.

She looked at the lioness with bright eyes as she heard her name. She was alert she normally was but more importantly at the moment she was happy to have company. But at her question she giggled and then blushed some. "No, not really." She looked down at her paws before looking up and nodding at the lioness. "Well not much. My dad lost his mate, well my mom we have no clue where she is but we're sure she isn't coming back so I've been trying to help him feel better." She nodded at the idea, she was coping with the lost of her mother much more than her father was she was a little upset but she knew that she was doing better then him. She shook her head and laughed a little more "There aren't too many guys around here that are interested in me anyway." she laughed quietly.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

fenshae

Beloved Codger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:23 am
Tarina tried to think on who the now-absent mother was and realized she didn't know her. What a shame! She usually tried to keep track of everyone in the pride, but her memory for such details was a bit like a sieve. Stories, oh, she could remember those forever. But concrete details like names and faces and facts and figures? Good luck.

"That's sad," she said, carefully. "A good thing he has you, to keep an eye on him. Males tend to get very lost without that, I think."

She smiled. Maybe she'd have to go pay him a visit. Giving lions love advice was her second favorite thing to do, next to making up stories. Sometimes she got to do both at once.

Her orange eyes shifted back to the other lioness and glimmered. "But why not? You look quite lovely. Unless..." her eyes narrowed suspiciously. "Do you have some hidden deformity you're not telling me about?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:23 am
Vevilla nodded and chuckled some. "I agree he has been a little lost, he had my other siblings too but I don't want to leave him. I don't want him to be hurt." She nodded at the idea it was pretty sure she didn't like the idea of him being upset or even more lost then he already was she wouldn't enjoy that and she knew that he woudln't evither."

She paused before looking at the lioness and arching a brow before letting out a laugh and shaking her head. "Oh no!" she shook her head a few times "I don't have anything hidden I promise." she paused and looked at the lioness before grinning ear to ear at her and speaking once again. "I really don't." She then paused as she settled back on her haunches more then spoke. "I don't know why there aren't many guys interested into me but I just feel like they aren't." She laughed some more then looked down at her paws. "Really there aren't many males around here in general now that I think about it."

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

[IC] Nchi'mahadhi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces