Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dolphin Mania v2

Back to Guilds

Always at the leading edge of Booty Grab! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Dolphin Mania, Panda, Penguin, Rick James 

Reply Dolphin Mania v2
Souldriving;

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SuchSweetSadism

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:44 pm
souldriving
I can see this isn't going anywhere. I'm going to just be quiet about this now.

Haha don't get flustered when one person doesn't agree with you.

I agree with you actually, and Squeakers1 even though she was more neutral.

I think it's silly when people join just to lurk. Although some guilds require you to join in order to view their forums, and some require you to be active or you won't be allowed in it.

I believe this is a public guild, so in order to use the tanks and such you don't need to be apart of it. I'm not sure though.

But if they don't want to so be it. I do get annoyed though when I see people participating in contests all of a sudden that were never here before that, and don't stay afterward.

This can be deleted if need be. I just missed the opportunity to weigh in a topic with only approximately 4 posts.

It could've just been a comment or a PM but that would be more personal and it was a discussion. I don't want anyone to be left out.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:50 pm
SuchSweetSadism
souldriving

I think it's silly when people join just to lurk. Although some guilds require you to join in order to view their forums, and some require you to be active or you won't be allowed in it.

I believe this is a public guild, so in order to use the tanks and such you don't need to be apart of it. I'm not sure though.

But if they don't want to so be it. I do get annoyed though when I see people participating in contests all of a sudden that were never here before that, and don't stay afterward.

This can be deleted if need be. I just missed the opportunity to weigh in a topic with only approximately 4 posts.

It could've just been a comment or a PM but that would be more personal and it was a discussion. I don't want anyone to be left out.

Well I guess the main thing that has me being all pissy today is just that what you were saying about the contests. I hate to see people show up just for the gold aspect and they never stick around to chat and yet those are the people complaining about how boring gaia has become and stuff. I mean if your that bored with Gaia then get off the website and go to another one. I mean really there is alot to see and do here. I find myself wasting hours and hours just reading things in the GCD about new stuff. Reading some of the manga. Playing with the Gaia VJ feature and then I look at the clock and dang 5hrs has just flown right on by.  

souldriving

Sparkly Bloodsucker

11,200 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200

AlphaBlonde87
Vice Captain

Romantic Vampire

8,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:51 pm
Ah yes sorry about that Such. I had orders from Sacred to lock and move the thread so it wouldn't become a huge argument.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:58 pm
souldriving
SuchSweetSadism
souldriving

Well I guess the main thing that has me being all pissy today is just that what you were saying about the contests. I hate to see people show up just for the gold aspect and they never stick around to chat and yet those are the people complaining about how boring gaia has become and stuff. I mean if your that bored with Gaia then get off the website and go to another one. I mean really there is alot to see and do here. I find myself wasting hours and hours just reading things in the GCD about new stuff. Reading some of the manga. Playing with the Gaia VJ feature and then I look at the clock and dang 5hrs has just flown right on by.

I see your point of view on the whole contests thing, but a lot of people are greedy. As for the bored factor well, nothing can cure boredom. They just got to find something on here that will be interesting to them for awhile.  

AlphaBlonde87
Vice Captain

Romantic Vampire

8,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

SuchSweetSadism

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:59 pm
souldriving

Yeah it's a little lame of them. I guess that's also how Guild captains get their other members to appear though. At least that's what I try to do, and some others I know of. Like one guild I'm apart of has contests every month now.

Oh yeah definitely. There are a lot of different things about Gaia that can be fun.

I tend to hate anyone who just says "I'm bored" all the time.
Chances are that person is just a boring person.
I think the last time I said I was bored was 5 years ago. There's always something to do. Especially on the internet, come on.

I ignored zOMG completely until like a few months ago. That was like a whole new world of Gaia for me. And sometimes I'd see announcements that had NPCs from there and then it all came together. It was a pretty cool experience.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:02 pm
Squeakers1
Ah yes sorry about that Such. I had orders from Sacred to lock and move the thread so it wouldn't become a huge argument.

Ah I think it's calmer now though. At least in my opinion.

It didn't seem to be terribly heated but I can see it seeming like it'd get that way.

Or maybe I'm just not seeing it. D:

SuchSweetSadism

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

AlphaBlonde87
Vice Captain

Romantic Vampire

8,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:04 pm
SuchSweetSadism
Squeakers1

It didn't seem to be terribly heated but I can see it seeming like it'd get that way.

Yeah it is but i'll be watching and seeing how things go and reporting to Sacred about what is going on. Hopefully everything will go back to normal. ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:07 pm
Squeakers1
SuchSweetSadism
Squeakers1

Yeah it is but i'll be watching and seeing how things go and reporting to Sacred about what is going on. Hopefully everything will go back to normal. ^_^

Sounds good.
I was just upset because I was in the middle of typing the response in the other thread then when I submited it said I couldn't.
Just wanted to get a word in especially since Soul didn't think anyone would agree with her and I did. D:
Haha but alright, happy overseeing.

SuchSweetSadism

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

AlphaBlonde87
Vice Captain

Romantic Vampire

8,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:10 pm
SuchSweetSadism
Squeakers1
SuchSweetSadism
Squeakers1

Sounds good.
I was just upset because I was in the middle of typing the response in the other thread then when I submited it said I couldn't.
Just wanted to get a word in especially since Soul didn't think anyone would agree with her and I did. D:
Haha but alright, happy overseeing.

yeah sorry about that again. sweatdrop and thanks ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:28 pm
Squeakers1

yeah sorry about that again. sweatdrop and thanks ^_^

It's alright.

You're welcome!

SuchSweetSadism

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

_xX Es-One Xx_
Captain

8,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:58 pm
not sure exactly what's happening, but this is a private guild, users must join to play DMv3.1

I know a majority of people lurk. The number of lurkers or users who do not participate, or only participate in contests does not bother me. The only thing I do is try to create more things to pull more people in.

Nobody can be forced to participate in anything. And they can chime in when they want. I just do my best to convince them to stay with fun activities.

There has been many more regulars in the past couple months than normally, so, it is getting better.

The best thing we can do is advertise. Maybe I should make some banners for siggies and stuff. Why I haven't until now is beyond me. LOL  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:27 pm
Also, in siding FOR souldriving... In the selling thread that was binned, she had mentioned to the user why post if it was for sale in the market.

A rule of the DMv market is don't post threads with items that are for sale in the MP.

That always annoyed me in the exchange, where you would enter a thread and they'd be like XXXX FOR SALE IN MP!

If it's for sale in the MP, WHY bring it here wasting my time?

From what I seen the user selling got rude with her.

So, in the end, her judgement on that issue was right. Thanks soul ^_^  

_xX Es-One Xx_
Captain

8,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100

souldriving

Sparkly Bloodsucker

11,200 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:55 pm
Yeah I know users should be allowed to post if and when they choose to and not be like hey you need to have a certain post count to stay in the guild. I do like that aspect of it.

@ Es yeah I was just pointing out to that person about the post they had. Granted I could have left out the inactivity in the post, so yeah that was my fault for letting my emotions got the better of me on that. Your welcome ES.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:21 pm
For future reference though, soul. If something like that happens again. I would contact one of the crew and let them deal with it. That way it doesn't spiral out of control like it has.

I'll just leave this as a warning for you. That way you'll know in the future to not put yourself in the middle of drama with rulebreakers and to just report to crew or VC's  

_xX Es-One Xx_
Captain

8,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100

SuchSweetSadism

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:44 pm

Yeah the selling threads are usually like that; pretty annoying. I think it's hilarious though when they say the price that they want as their final offer and then proceed to haggle with others.

Dolphin Mania v2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games