Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gundams and Randomness!

Back to Guilds

A guild for anyone that loves mech, anime, or roleplaying, or even just being random! 

Tags: Anime, Mecha, Gundam, Roleplay, Close-knit 

Reply Mecha Discussion
Sigh..... Halo: Plausible or Laughable?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:54 pm
Okay, I've been contemplating this ever since I started playing the HALO games. Is that sort of technology possible. And I'm not really refering to the weapons, you can discuss them, but I'm pretty sure those are possible, I'm talking about the armor and the ships. Those are what really interest me...  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:29 pm
Well, possibly the armor. First there'd have to be the proper materials, which they most likely find in the future, or manufacture. Then there'd have to be a suitable wearer for it (if you're talking about the SPARTAN's), and thus they create the Spartans of course, men and women with enough strength and speed to wear and move around with it. But even then it'd be too heavy, so there needs to be a proper power source that doesn't weigh the suit down as well. I'm not sure about the computer programming for it, but with the way computers are going now, I can see it happening. ^^  

Ty Gwynnia
Vice Captain

Beloved Dark Elf

10,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Battle Hardened 150

Frog Apocalypse
Captain

6,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:56 pm
The technology is there for it, just not the energy source. It is like a suit of armor from medieval times, only more form fitting for each soldier. Think of it like clothing, only way more bad a**.
One possible power source could be from carbon nanotube batteries, given that one battery could have the potential of being as small as a glass, yet hold enough power to supply the suit and its associated technnology for extended periods of time.
Armor materials is a different story, currently what we have would be too heavy to be efficient in battle. It would be possible to use light weight materials, but that would compromise protection. And again, carbon nanotubes are a possible material, but currently it is not really known if it would provide sufficient protection.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:05 am
Should we expand on the weaponry to see if our weaponry might be any better or worse than what the U.N.S.C's got?  

Javier Cross

Strider Wolfheart
Vice Captain

Beloved Seeker

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:18 am
Well you can but let me expand upon another topic for a moment. The star ships. For starters, no they are not possible with the technology we currently have or will ever have in the future. The slip space drives used to travel the distances involves opening a wormhole in the fabric of space time and such a volatile thing as a space time worm hole wouldn't be stable enough for space travel. Not to mention the issue that should the worm hole be unstable then the fabric of space time could in theory be ripped apart and no human could fathom what would happen then. But as for star ships without slip space drives, yes that could be possible even with the technology we have now. It would take forever to build but yes we could do it. Now another topic I would like to bring up on space travel though it is unrelated to Halo. Light speed space travel is also impossible. In order to move mass at a sufficient speed would require a large power source and propellant and then when you do make them bigger it takes even more energy and propellant to make the ship move fast enough so you'd have to make it even bigger. Also even if we reach such speeds the small particles that are in space would tear through the vessel like tissue paper, no matter the material used to build it. Not to mention the danger of running into planetary objects or a sun or black hole. Even going at light speed those objects are still there. So thus light speed travel is not only fatal but also, and thankfully, impossible.  
Mecha Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games