Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Pokemon Black and White

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PhoenixBlade983

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:52 pm
So, who actually has the game? I know I might be the only one that still plays the DS here but I'm just curious.

I'd say the game did surprise me a little bit. I thought it was going to be really unoriginal but it actually turned out to be pretty fun. The story mode was a little lackluster with almost NO back-tracking at all and not very challenging trainers or puzzles. However, I have to say the game did have some pretty cool Pokemon though I was skeptical at first. A lot of people said they weren't original but I think some are awesome, like Hydreigon, Reuniclus, Chandelure, and Volcarona.

So if you have the game, lemme know what you think of it. Also, I got Black, so can someone please catch and trade me a good natured Solosis with Magic Guard? biggrin

One last thing, I kinda want to write a review but I want to see how many people have it or are curious about it.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:34 am
Personally have the games myself (or at least the white version), and generally I've been pretty pleased. I know I entered this generation only really knowing that it rated highly in Japan and having good impressions from the National tour (Which I'm totally stoked that they brought back).
The pokemon themselves were pretty interesting, though there were certainly some ones which were slightly repulsive to my gaming, and now, design sensibilities... but I generally ended up embracing the new as with the old as I have done every generation (though I still have yet to catch them all. I will though. Mark my words).

The only complaints I really heard that have some merit to them is that the exp system is a lot more grind-centric and the lack of the Game Sync portion of the game being unavailable (but if you've paied any attention to the news, you would understand why). I like though that they're currently offsetting the latter with the Eeveelution distribution on the pokemon website (pick an eeveelution by playing a specific game and you can get that pokemon with it's special ability when Game Sync opens), which is nice to see to placate the masses.

On the local multiplayer aspects, I really enjoyed the pass-by mode bits as it provided interesting information of people who play the game and HOW they play it... but not only that... the fact that you can go into other people's world and perform missions that benefit both players really comes off as a nice addition to the overall experience (plus, having the EXP boost for an hour is nothing to scoff at). The voice chat communicator is a little odd of an addition, but oh well.

The slogan "start from a new beginning" is pretty spot on, bringing life and fun into what fans feared would had been the same ol stale experience.

(Let me see what I can do. I should be able to nab one soon enough)  

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100

PhoenixBlade983

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:43 am
Yeah, I thought the Pokemon looked kind of unoriginal at first, but I was actually quite pleased with a lot of them. And the EXP system definitely is more grind-centric, but thank god for Audino and the Lucky Egg, lol.

And don't worry about Solosis, my friend already gave me one biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:23 pm
in personal opinion the game was a bit too easy. I was a little dissappointed by some of the pokemon. Also considering the trainers' skill it scared me to think how fast i would defeat them using a team of pokemon from older gba games. i was impressed by the graphics and animation, however  

Vysroy

5,350 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

pathetic_negi_magician

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 6:37 am
Too easy. The only "hard" part is finding a good place to grind post-E4.  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games