Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
charcoal... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kyndryana3

10,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:09 am
I can see that also, a kind of catalyst for bringing about change  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:15 am
whiporwill-o
Esiris
I like the uses discussed- but I also like the idea of charcoal as being a "transforming" substance.

transforming substance?

Charcoal is used in old fashioned forges- so it also purifies and transforms things. sweatdrop  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:26 pm
Esiris
whiporwill-o
Esiris
I like the uses discussed- but I also like the idea of charcoal as being a "transforming" substance.

transforming substance?

Charcoal is used in old fashioned forges- so it also purifies and transforms things. sweatdrop

oh, lol. i have never heard that phrase before. what kind of things does it transform? and into what?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:01 pm
whiporwill-o

oh, lol. i have never heard that phrase before. what kind of things does it transform? and into what?

Well- have you ever done any metal smithing? It transforms chunks of raw materials into tools and pretties. ninja  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:15 pm
Esiris
whiporwill-o

Well- have you ever done any metal smithing? It transforms chunks of raw materials into tools and pretties. ninja

i have not, but i've always wanted to learn. there are so many things i want to learn, lol. i just recently taught myself bookbinding. i was surprised at how simple it was, but i imagine metal smithing to be a bit more difficult, lol. i will have to remember that, thanks :3

edit: also, i was tired when i first asked about it, i just now realized you had mentioned a forge. total "doh!" moment XD  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:37 pm
whiporwill-o
Esiris
whiporwill-o

i have not, but i've always wanted to learn. there are so many things i want to learn, lol. i just recently taught myself bookbinding. i was surprised at how simple it was, but i imagine metal smithing to be a bit more difficult, lol. i will have to remember that, thanks :3

edit: also, i was tired when i first asked about it, i just now realized you had mentioned a forge. total "doh!" moment XD
sweatdrop I'm a little out of it too- so no problem.

One thing that is cool is that when you burn the Green Coal- it gives off a yellow smoke.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:18 pm
Also, it changes raw meat to a great steak or burger.

You should check out the "Worst Jobs in History" bit about coal-making. Those poor bastards had to sit there watching it for ages and ages.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:41 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
Ribs.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:00 am
Sanguina Cruenta

i never thought of it like that sweatdrop

Quote:
You should check out the "Worst Jobs in History" bit about coal-making. Those poor bastards had to sit there watching it for ages and ages.

i'll definitely have to check that out though it may make me feel bad for using it >.>  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:20 am
Just don't ever eat the charcoal.... the doctors use activated charcoal for adsobtion of poisonous stuff in your body, but it had an adverse effect on me, my stomach felt like it was on fire and made me cramp and vomit. Long story short I got my brita water filter thingy fixed....  

Xaolu

Dapper Smoker

9,425 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Noob wrangler 100

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:04 pm
Xaolu
Just don't ever eat the charcoal.... the doctors use activated charcoal for adsobtion of poisonous stuff in your body, but it had an adverse effect on me, my stomach felt like it was on fire and made me cramp and vomit. Long story short I got my brita water filter thingy fixed....

i just... um... wow... that is all.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:44 am
Xaolu

If you ingested the activated charcoal from a Brita filter that'd been in use for a while, that's probably more to the point of making you ill than the charcoal itself. It's purpose in the Brita is to absorb all kinds of nasty things - and if you're not diligent in changing the filters they can and do get saturated and allow those nasty things to flourish inside their sealed containers.

Pure activated charcoal made strictly for ingestion won't make you sick. Moldy yucky saturated charcoal from a water filter certainly will.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:21 pm
Morgandria
Xaolu

If you ingested the activated charcoal from a Brita filter that'd been in use for a while, that's probably more to the point of making you ill than the charcoal itself. It's purpose in the Brita is to absorb all kinds of nasty things - and if you're not diligent in changing the filters they can and do get saturated and allow those nasty things to flourish inside their sealed containers.

Pure activated charcoal made strictly for ingestion won't make you sick. Moldy yucky saturated charcoal from a water filter certainly will.

you have a much more eloquent way with words than i.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games